shape
carat
color
clarity

L/W on Princess. Need opinions. Experts and Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
I am trading in my Fiance's diamond and am trying to stick to similar measurements on the stone(L/W). Her current stone measures 6.72 x 6.40mm and has a L/W ratio of 1.05. One of the stones Im considering is 6.75x 6.28 giving it a 1.07 ratio. Currently my Fiance thinks her current diamond looks perfectly square (I can see its slightly off square). She wants a square stone. Both are 1.50Qt. So my question is would such a small difference in measurement even be noticeable to the naked eye? It sounds to me like everyone agrees that a 1.05 looks square but a 1.07 is rectangular?? I have not seen the diamond yet...just going off the #'s for the question. I have already checked out the shape selector on Gemappraisers.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
this is my opinion only.....some others'' eye sight may not be as picky as mine, but I am looking for a princess cut too, and have looked at a zillion of them. I want as square as I can get, so I find myself not liking anything over the 1.03 ratio. Anything over that looks rectangular to me.
So, 1.05 is pushing it for me, and 1.07 is way over.

now, again, I am alittle obsessive, but I thought I''d share my 2 cts.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
bump...anyone??

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
My Princess is a 1.05. I can tell that it''s a bit off. I personally would not go over a 1.05- it would bug me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are many other factors that could effect the overall perception of each diamond...but to give you a general idea of what these could look like side by side.....

6.40x6.72 and 6.28x6.75

640_628.JPG

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I just went and looked at a couple of princess cuts today and my threshold was similar to Chargergirl''s -- anything over a 1.05 ratio was too rectangular for me.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 4:28:02 PM
Author: belle
there are many other factors that could effect the overall perception of each diamond...but to give you a general idea of what these could look like side by side.....

6.40x6.72 and 6.28x6.75
GREAT visual, Belle!
Yep, I like the look of the 1.05 best.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
Hey Belle,

Where did you find those pictures??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results