shape
carat
color
clarity

L.A GTG on 10/17- We''re heading to the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then I almost had to knock Blueroses out to get this 5.55 ct. Brown Asscher off of her hand. She won, though.
3.gif

BrownAsscherRing.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The detail was just stunning.

BrwonAsscherDetail.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum Yum Yum. Great pics Lauren.

BTW, that 5.5 ct brown asscher is a diamond.
Did anyone catch the price?

They also had some really nice earrings with 4 natural-colored substantial-sized pear-shaped diamonds near the case near the front door.
I wonder if anyone got a pic of those.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BR called this the Heart of the Ocean.

HeartOfTheOcean.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of the girls'' rings.

LABling.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adored this ring.

SapphireBezel23rdStreet.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, Blueroses ring, awwwww.

We kept saying "bevel in the bezel" over and over so that's what I named the pic.
2.gif

BevelsInTheBezel.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then, onto the restaurant! Nobody touch the table!!!
1.gif

KennysTripod.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting the rings lined up.

Lining UpTheBling.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have the full size of this available today, but this was what everyone had one on Saturday!

BlingPic.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics all! Looks like you had a blast! Much more fun than I had at my friend''s 2 year old son bday party (although Amelia would disagree.)
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 12:47:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Great pics all! Looks like you had a blast! Much more fun than I had at my friend''s 2 year old son bday party (although Amelia would disagree.)
1.gif
Hehe! I''m sure Amelia thanks you, TGal!
1.gif

It was a great time, and if this turns into a yearly/semi-annual trip, I would love to do this again! With more LA locals (who are an awesome bunch)!
1.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren what else did you do/see while in LA?
What was the best and worst part of your trip?
Enquiring minds. . . well . . . nosy minds . . .

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 12:18:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Getting some pink bling in there!
I think these are actually sapphires, not morganite as we had thought. At least there's a very similar pink sapphire halo ring on their website.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it was a fun time-enjoyed all the pictures!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Goodness gracious, we had fun. So silly.
30.gif
30.gif

The brown diamond asscher was around $56,500 if I recall correctly. And seriously, Lauren, I should have let you try it on--it''s a shame to have that much finger acreage on my sad little un-manicured finger.

The green beryl is still running through my brain. It''s bad. I just....I''m afraid something like that is going to become a project for my little bezeled diamond drop.

....and I just LOVE seeing our beveled-bezeled e-rings together--I keep saying it, but it really is like a family portrait. I am such a dork.

Good times
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 1:31:10 PM
Author: kenny
Lauren what else did you do/see while in LA?
What was the best and worst part of your trip?
Enquiring minds. . . well . . . nosy minds . . .

Well, I mostly hung out with friends of our friend, so Friday night we went to The Darkroom and Coach and Horse. Hands down, the best jukebox selections I''ve ever seen in any bar.
3.gif

Saturday, after I left you guys, we went down to the beach, the pier, played in the "adult playground" to the left of the pier. We thought of walking all the way to Venice Beach but we had dinner reservations at 8.

Speaking of; Melisse is amazing! In the top 3 meals I''ve ever had, and removing sentiment from the equation, it''s #1! I so wanted to get pictures of the food, but everyone I went with would have been moritified if I had dragged out my camera, so I didn''t bring it. We didn''t do the tasting menu, but I did get what I wanted from the tasting menu, so it wasn''t a huge loss, IMO. I think my husband and I chose correctly for the most part. Lobster Bolognese was Heaven. The duck and the venison were my top 2 entrees, followed by the lamb and the yuba. Don''t get the short ribs. They''re not bad, but not nearly in the same league as the others. Dessert was the souffle, and the other appetizer we tried was the king crab. Totally different league - light flavours and lovely presentation with the broth, but just not the decadent goo-i-ness that was the bolognese.

I did go to Shutters for brunch, but we didn''t get to Osteria because the fellow foodie we were with panned it. She did say Providence was her favourite restaurant in LA, so we''re looking forward to that in the spring. Oh yeah. Did I mention we''re probably coming back in April or May now?

2.gif
31.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren for the info.
We''re going to have to splurge at one of these restaurants for a very special occasion.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 10:04:36 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''m back at my friend''s house after an amazing, busy day, and waiting on our reservations for tonight.

So, first, some introductions. From left: Blueroses, Me, Selkie, Kenny, ChargerGrrl. Kenny - this pic is the best representation of your personality and all of the ladies looked lovely, so this is the one of 6 that I picked.
1.gif

original.aspx
that lucky dude !! surrounded by beautiful women and beautiful jewelry.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results