shape
carat
color
clarity

Korean skin care anyone?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curiosity finally got the better of me. Haha. I've ordered the small, travel sizes of the above to try. :bigsmile:

I hope you like them. I've expanded my purchases to include oil for 2-step cleansing, bought the retinol and the snail slime moisturizer. I'm enjoying all of it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone form new skin a la the tv series from the 1980s called “V”? Just checking

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use a mix of peach and lily and some other Korean brands. Love their glass skin serum and snail toner!

Also a huge fan of Eco your Skin which is available on their website (limited products though). I use their stuff as much as P&L. Ever since covid and frequent mask wearing, my previously good skin has totally freaked and become super irritated with plentiful breakouts :( eco your skin’s lavender sleeping mask is mega calming for me for breakouts and redness.

Can I recommend Some by MI’s yuja niacin sleeping mask for calming redness? Use it on top of your moisturiser as a last step before bed. My MIL suffers from rosacea and she loves the stuff. It’s not too pricey either and can often be found on sale.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I use a mix of peach and lily and some other Korean brands. Love their glass skin serum and snail toner!

Also a huge fan of Eco your Skin which is available on their website (limited products though). I use their stuff as much as P&L. Ever since covid and frequent mask wearing, my previously good skin has totally freaked and become super irritated with plentiful breakouts :( eco your skin’s lavender sleeping mask is mega calming for me for breakouts and redness.

Can I recommend Some by MI’s yuja niacin sleeping mask for calming redness? Use it on top of your moisturiser as a last step before bed. My MIL suffers from rosacea and she loves the stuff. It’s not too pricey either and can often be found on sale.
Their yuja niacin dark spot correcting stick is also very good!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep skincare needs to a minimum these days (a good thing) but I HAVE really gotten into Japanese sunscreen. It just works way better than the stuff available here, its thinner as well.

I like that I can go to the beach and not burn the hell up because I'm wearing a 3/4 sleeve versus a full one.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I keep skincare needs to a minimum these days (a good thing) but I HAVE really gotten into Japanese sunscreen. It just works way better than the stuff available here, its thinner as well.

I like that I can go to the beach and not burn the hell up because I'm wearing a 3/4 sleeve versus a full one.

Do you mind sharing what brand you use, @Arcadian? I'm always on the hunt for excellent sunscreen. I used a Japanese brand ages ago, then tried something else and couldn't remember what the Japanese brand was, when I wanted to purchase more. LOL!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Glass skin refining serum
Glass skin gel moisturizer

My order finally arrived a couple days ago! As well as travel sizes of the above, I also ordered Overnight Star Night Cream.

The serum instantly absorbs into my skin (which is a bit on the dry side), and the moisturizer I apply on other products (Vit. C, etc.), and it's a nice texture, no goopiness, no pilling of sunscreen on top. Win!

I really like all of the products, thus far, and really, really like the night cream! So good! The night cream is startlingly blue...and smooths onto/into the skin with a lovely (to me) texture, and leaves no blue tint on the skin. :D

Love how they're unscented, although the night cream, once it's warmed up on the skin, has a very faint scent which fades almost immediately.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their yuja niacin dark spot correcting stick is also very good!

Have you seen a noticeable reduction in dark spots after using this? I've tried so many products, and none of them have worked.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like all of the products, thus far,

I'm happy to hear that. I usually don't recommend any products here because I'd hate it if someone spent money on something because I've waxed poetic about it and they ended up not liking it.

I haven't tried the Star Night Cream yet but will add it to my list. Happy to hear it won't make me look like a Smurf :bigsmile: Isn't it nice that just a bit of the products go a long way?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy to hear that. I usually don't recommend any products here because I'd hate it if someone spent money on something because I've waxed poetic about it and they ended up not liking it.

I haven't tried the Star Night Cream yet but will add it to my list. Happy to hear it won't make me look like a Smurf :bigsmile: Isn't it nice that just a bit of the products go a long way?

Exactly! It truly is Smurf blue! LOL! And yes, the products do seem quite concentrated which I also like.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen a noticeable reduction in dark spots after using this? I've tried so many products, and none of them have worked.

I'm wondering this, too. Skinceuticals Vitamin C is one of the few products that has had any effect on some melasma-ish areas on my cheek. This occurred after a sunburn while I was on BCP. I'd forgotten to put on any sunscreen. It's stayed with me for years and years... :???::roll:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven’t tried the dark spot stick, but with the yuja niacin sleeping mask, I notice an overall brightening effect with spots becoming less obvious over time. It isn’t a magic bullet item, but when used with everything else is very good considering the price point!

I think I did try skinceuticals vit C at some point in the past, but the smell and price didn’t quite work for me. Can’t quite remember, but I think I reacted to it slightly too.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I've been using it every day for almost 3 weeks now. I can see that my dark spots are gradually getting lighter and have noticed that I've been having to use less concealer to cover them. I'm hoping to get even better results the longer I use it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind sharing what brand you use, @Arcadian? I'm always on the hunt for excellent sunscreen. I used a Japanese brand ages ago, then tried something else and couldn't remember what the Japanese brand was, when I wanted to purchase more. LOL!
Shiseido Anessa for sensitive skin but only the ones you can find in Japan. You can imagine it gets faked a lot on amazon so have to be careful there. Its got a PA of ++++ and is scent free. Very thin goes on well, I can use year round. Can be super hard to get and its pretty expensive.

Scinic I believe is actually Korean but I don't remember for sure. I do have it and use in wintertime. Makes me look super greasy in summer, but I don't exactly have dry skin. Mine says SPF 50+ and a PA of ++++

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ which has a PA of ++++ Its not really japanese, but this one is sold there. Its a favorite when I can get it and I do stock up on it when I see it. Prices have gone through the roof on it to get it here in the states.

Though I'm dark I'm very sun sensitive to the point of burning when I go to the beach. wearing these, I don't burn.

Outside of this, is the Ordinary's sunscreen which is VERY thick and leaves a super white cast on me...lol I have it and use it but it is so hard to get off. NOt always a fan but I don't burn when I've used it.

Madrokaleb

Rough_Rock
Finding genuine ones can be a challenge, especially with all the fakes out there. Shiseido Anessa sounds like a dream for sensitive skin, but I totally get the struggle of getting the authentic version. Scinic is indeed Korean, and skincare can be quite seasonal. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is a lifesaver for many, but I feel you on the price hike. Sun sensitivity is real, and it's awesome that these products protect you so well. As for The Ordinary's sunscreen, it might be thick, but no burns are a win, right? If you ever want to dive deeper into dermatology topics, you might want to check out the therapeutique-dermatologique source. It's full of insights.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
CosRx is really good. The snail mucin with niacinamide is golden for those who can tolerate niacinamide.

Anything with Centella Asiatica is good. A lot of Korean skincare products have this as an ingredient but French skincare does as well; La Roche Posay Cicaplast B5 Baume comes to mind.

Sana CoQ10 toner is great, hydrating and can standalone during the summer months. Hadalabo Hyaluronic lotion is nice too.

La Roche Posay SPF 30 Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer with UV is probably the best chemical sunscreen on the market, and I've tried lots. This sunscreen has ceramides and niacinamide in a gentle formula. =)

And then, of course, nothing beats a retinol product for a PM routine. I recommend Retin-A at .25% to .5% concentrations if your skin can tolerate it. Otherwise, Avene RetrinAL is amazing.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I've gone down the rabbit hole with Beauty of Joseon products, and love them! The "Relief Sun + Probiotics" sunscreen is my all-time fave. It doesn't pill on other products, is smooth and luxurious feeling, no scent, and best of all, really does block the effects of the sun on melasma spots on my face.

The products are so reasonable that I decided to try almost everything. Haha! So far, I really like the serums I've tried, cleansers, Vit. C (with Centella), and sunscreen. The only thing I'm not super fond of is the moisturizer which, although it works really well, leaves my skin feeling a bit sticky.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've gone down the rabbit hole with Beauty of Joseon products, and love them!

Rabbit holes can lead to some very nice things. I've taken a dive down a new one exploring Cle de Peau cosmetics. I'll have to follow you down yours and explore Beauty of Joseon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results