shape
carat
color
clarity

Know of a nice princess cut blue sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
It''s for my mother''s engagement ring. I know princess cuts aren''t all that popular, but her heart is absolutely set on one. Something between 1.25-1.75 carats would fit her hand nicely. And if you know or any settings (with diamond accents- preferably a halo) you could shoot those my way as well. Thanks for your help!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Budget? Color and heating preferences? Does this need to be already made or would you consider a custom cut sapphire?

Rough_Rock
I believe I just saw one on palagems.com

If not, let me know. It could be another site.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I''d estimate the budget for the stone to be anywhere up to around $2500. I''d prefer the color to be something darker than cornflower. Other than that I''m pretty open. She loves blue in just about every shade. Hoping to find something already cut as time is a factor. It''s going to be a rather short engagement as they''re hoping to marry when some out of country relatives will be in Florida early next year.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Also, no heating preference.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A bit dark, but how about this from GemRite?

ETA: This one from Dan Stair has cut corners but looks similar to a princess.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Why not give Jeff White a call? He may have just what you are looking for, or can cut one for you.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 6:18:42 PM
Author: Spirit
Why not give Jeff White a call? He may have just what you are looking for, or can cut one for you.

True, with your budget, he should be able to make it happen.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Princess cut isn''t done all that much with sapphires, or most gem species for that matter so checking out inventories of cutters would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results