shape
carat
color
clarity

klewis - trilliant cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
You requested trilliant cuts - here''s a few

Umbalight is a trade name for lighter toned garnets found in the Umba valley of northeast Tanzania. This one is actually (by refractive index and optical spectra) a pyrope garnet. Rather poor picture, with table reflection weakening the color. The more intense color surrounding the table is the correct color. Umbalight garnet - 4.65 cts

umbalight1330.jpg

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Larger spinel from Sri Lanka – 4.53 cts

spinel1331.jpg

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline from Mozambique – 2.89 cts

coppertour1335.jpg

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
All three in outdoor shaded light

3trig1342.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
They''re lovely! Trillions/trilliants aren''t my favorite cut, but I have a few that I like, and they''re especially nice for pendants and earrings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Gorgeous--despite the differences in carat weight, in the picture they appear to of very similar dimension!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh they are such a pretty color but they still won''t sway me over to the trilliant side.
9.gif

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
All I can say Mr. Z is WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love those cuts and colors...
36.gif

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:44:39 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Hi:

Gorgeous--despite the differences in carat weight, in the picture they appear to of very similar dimension!

cheers--Sharon
The pyrope and the spinel are similar in weight, and similar in density - about 3.60. The tourmaline is lighter in weight, and lighter in density - about 3.05.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 6:26:38 PM
Author: mastercutgems
All I can say Mr. Z is WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love those cuts and colors...
36.gif
Thank you, Dana

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! How long have you been collecting and from where/whom do you buy your gems? I have just one trilliant, and the shape had never appealed to me until I got a nice one of my own and saw what a great cut it can be..
I have tried so hard to take good gem photos and following your photography hints from another thread, but I haven''t done so well. I think it had a lot to do with the my camera. That''s my excuse anyway.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 6:45:44 PM
Author: klewis
Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! How long have you been collecting and from where/whom do you buy your gems? I have just one trilliant, and the shape had never appealed to me until I got a nice one of my own and saw what a great cut it can be..
I have tried so hard to take good gem photos and following your photography hints from another thread, but I haven''t done so well. I think it had a lot to do with the my camera. That''s my excuse anyway.
I bought cut gems in Tucson for the first five years, and the last 20 years, I buy mainly rough there. I also buy small amounts of rough in Nairobi, Arusha, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam, and Mandalay, Burma.

My camera, one lens, and a top quality tripod cost $4,500. But I bought it for travel & wildlife photography. Gem photography is just an afterthought. Oh, and photo processing software, another $1200. But you could do almost as well for $800. About 90% of gem photography is lighting, not the equipment.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 7:25:03 PM
Author: zeolite
Date: 1/2/2010 6:45:44 PM

Author: klewis

I bought cut gems in Tucson for the first five years, and the last 20 years, I buy mainly rough there. I also buy small amounts of rough in Nairobi, Arusha, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam, and Mandalay, Burma.

My camera, one lens, and a top quality tripod cost $4,500. But I bought it for travel & wildlife photography. Gem photography is just an afterthought. Oh, and photo processing software, another $1200. But you could do almost as well for $800. About 90% of gem photography is lighting, not the equipment.

Do let us all know if you plan a Mr Zeolite''s globetrotting wildlife safari/gem collecting PS tour.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Z,
I really really dislike trilliants after seeing yours, therefore, I think you should send them to me so I can properly dispose of them for you.
11.gif
27.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 10:19:10 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Mr. Z,

I really really dislike trilliants after seeing yours, therefore, I think you should send them to me so I can properly dispose of them for you.
11.gif
27.gif

Gee, sorry TL, I guess you missed it - this is the "klewis trilliant cuts" thread, so it''s me that get them. I think Zeolite inadvertently missed the apostrophe after klewis which would have indicated possession
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeolite,
Obviously all 3 stones look to be precision cut. Do they have any particular pattern name? I prefer the rounded trilliant as opposed to the more geometric straight sides but all your 3 stones look lovely.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful trilliants! I also prefer the more rounded shape, but if I were to set a trilliant, it might also depend a lot of the setting it went into.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still not my favorite shape but beautiful regardless..they look pretty all lined up too-would make a nice pendant!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 10:56:51 PM
Author: Chrono
Zeolite,
Obviously all 3 stones look to be precision cut. Do they have any particular pattern name? I prefer the rounded trilliant as opposed to the more geometric straight sides but all your 3 stones look lovely.
Thank you marcyc.

These 3 sided designs also go by the name trillion and trigon. I don't know any name for these specific patterns. I also prefer the more rounded one. I tried to photograph a more rounded trilliant colorless petallite gem, but it was getting terrible geometric extinction indoors, and the weather outside wasn't cooperating (too sunny). I'll try again on it when I get overcast outdoor lighting.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Not my fave shape, but I have to say these are quite pretty!

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
xeolite- your gems a beyond gorgeous! I have seen that you have been posting pictures of some of your gems in other threads too- would it be possible for your to post pictures of your collection in one thread? I am sorry if you have already done this but I would for sure like to see more of your beautiful gems! Thanks in advance for your help!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, the color is amazing and I love the patterns in the trillions!!!
30.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The biggest problem is setting the trilliant, in my opinion. I like the shape, but it doesn''t seem to lend itself well to jewelry design.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Trillions make such an interesting and great pendant. Beautiful, Mr. Z.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 4:32:10 PM
Author: Kashmira
xeolite- your gems a beyond gorgeous! I have seen that you have been posting pictures of some of your gems in other threads too- would it be possible for your to post pictures of your collection in one thread? I am sorry if you have already done this but I would for sure like to see more of your beautiful gems! Thanks in advance for your help!
I''ve asked the Admin about some storage area, such as galleries>stones>in color but no reply yet. If in a thread, it will eventually scroll off. But so far, in color seems to store sequentially, so any pictures added later would not be on the same page.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing for or against trilliant cuts, I think they are absolutely stunning, and the transition of shades on your photograph makes it more impressive. Do you just collect them, or are you a vendor as well?
How much work must have gone into making these beautiful photographs!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 7:08:35 PM
Author: crasru
I have nothing for or against trilliant cuts, I think they are absolutely stunning, and the transition of shades on your photograph makes it more impressive. Do you just collect them, or are you a vendor as well?
How much work must have gone into making these beautiful photographs!
crasru, I''ve asked admin how to respond to this question. Thank you for the good photgraphy comments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results