shape
carat
color
clarity

Kitty Crisis - Has she given up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I''m so sorry to hear she is gone. I know the heartache that comes with losing a precious pet - I lost my dog a few years ago and I still miss her very very much. You did all you could for her and you made the right choices when you had to. I''m so so sorry. *hugs*

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss Deco. Everyone is right, in that you did all you could....but I know it doesn''t stop the hurt.

We lost our kitty, Hobbes, the same way a few years back...he was the same age as your kitty and stopped eating too. That was a month or so before the pet food contamination disaster came about and I had always wondered if he got sick from bad food, even though his wasn''t on the list. From your story and others, I suppose it wasn''t from the food after all.

Take care and take time for yourself too. (hugs).

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I''m so so sorry for your loss. I can''t imagine how upset you must be. Please don''t beat yourself up about going away last week. I feel like your little sweetheart wanted you to have a good time and not to worry, that''s why she tried to hide it and act as normal as possible before you left (even though you felt that something was up). She held on for you so that you could be there with her as much as possible and say goodbye. Bless her.

It''s obvious that you love her very much and as hard as it was, the final act was one of great love and understanding on your part. ((hug))

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss, deco. Clementine was a beautiful girl and I''m sure she was very loved. Hugs to you and your husband at such a difficult time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 4:00:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Thanks everyone. Sadly Clementine took a dramatic turn for the worse this afternoon and the vet recommended we rush over and make a very hard decision. She''d pulled out her own IV at some point and was crashing hard. By the time we got there all her muscles had stiffened and she had end stage low temp & twitching. She was lying on her side all cold & rigid. Only her eyes moved a little. They ran the numbers again and she''s gotten much worse in the past couple of days. She''d gone from 44% red blood cells in her blood to TWENTY. They urgently recommended we end her suffering & told us she''d need to have a full blood transfusion and transfer her to a different facility to try ''heroic measures'' but that there was almost no, if not no chance of her getting better. After we saw her the answer seemed clear. This isn''t something I''ve ever had to do before but we opted to let the doctor help her pass. I''ll be back to write out individual replys but I''m going to be breaking down a bit first. I hope we did the right thing for our sweet baby girl. And I TRULY TRULY TRULY wish I hadn''t gone away last weekend so I could have spent those days with her *myself*, if this is what was to be.
39.gif
remember you loved this cat well, and she loved you. remember you gave her a wonderful home. remember you are human and also have a life. and because you are human and have loved her so greatly, you will feel this regret.....i still do. however, remember the good things, light a candle in her memory. if you can, have her cremated and give her a place of honor in your home. i''ll be lighting another candle for my Gato, Tommy, Samantha Anne, and Cebastian and i will add Celemntine''s name to my thoughts.

mz

btw, my Tommy is the one i regret having been away but had no idea when i left that he was ill. when i got back, within days i knew something was wrong, got him to the vet and he was gone.......remember, they will live forever in your heart.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, so sorry about your cat! I know I will be devastated when one of my cats passes.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Deco! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!
39.gif
38.gif
Please know you did everything you could, and don't feel bad for leaving that weekend. You didn't know how dire the situation was at the time and you don't want to live your life thinking "what if."

I know she could feel the immense love you had for her and she led an amazing life with you had your DH!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco,

I''m so sorry you lost your beautiful Clemintine. You did what you could for her and knew when it was time to let her go. You love her so much and she knew that.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am so very, very, very sorry for your loss. You truly did everything you could - you gave her a wonderful life.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I am so so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. She was so lucky to have you in her life. *hugs*

tlh

Ideal_Rock
How incredibly sad. My heart aches for your loss. Just remember all the wonderful times you shared, and how terrific she was as a companion. ((hugs))

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Deco.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only just gotten to read the whole story, but my heart aches for you Deco! I''m so sorry for your loss.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, sweetheart, I''m sorry for your loss. I''m convinced Clementine''s behavior at the vet''s was her way of letting you know it was ok to let her go. I''ve seen it so many times. It hurts like hell now, but in time, you''ll be able to remember her without feeling the pain. Take comfort that you each shared a love of the other and you were gifted with her trust to always do the best for her. You did not violate that trust, you honored it. Hugs to you.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, please don''t beat yourself up, sweetie. You gave Clementine many great years of food, shelter, love, attention, treats, and anything else a pet could possibly want, and when she got sick, you acted rapidly to do what was best for her. I know how miserable you are right now--my cat went through the same thing about two years ago and we opted to have her put to sleep so her suffering wouldn''t continue. She had been my baby from the age of 8 to the age of 23, so it absolutely devastated me to lose her. I''m so sorry for your loss and that you''re having to deal with such pain now. Much love and strength to you, hon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so so so sorry Deco.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh goodness--so sorry for your loss.

kind regards--Sharon

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Don''t blame yourself. You did what you had to do. I''m sure she knew you loved her very much.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, I''m so sorry. Please know that you did the right thing for Clementine. You''re a wonderful mommy!
emrose.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I''m so sorry for your loss.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore you all. Thank you so much for leaving me such wonderful messages during this sad time. It been a hard week missing Clementine ... so hard I haven''t been able to come back here & respond to everyone individually. Its still too fresh to write about much. Or dwell on for too long. I''m doing everything I can to distract myself - my freshly painted guest bathroom is evidence of that! And its been a quiet week around here too, without Clem''s energy & personality -- and without the radio that I couldn''t bear to turn on, until today. I found a bunch of pictures I''d taken of her on my new-ish cell phone camera. Am hoping to finally start a picture wall up the side of our staircase & feature my two dear departed girls prominently -- as well as the rest of our pet family & long un-hung wedding pictures & the growing extended family of nieces & nephews etc. Soon. Not quite yet.

I do want to express how much your words of encouragement have helped me this week - even if I haven''t been back to this thread much. I''ve gotten your messages in my email one by one and have cherished every word. Everytime I started to doubt myself or let my mind wander to dark places ... almost by magic someone would pipe up with supportive thoughts & hugs & stories that reminded me I''m not alone in this situation & not the first to have my heartbroken this way (sadly!). THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

xxoo
Deco

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deco im so so sorry
39.gif
and for poor little clementine...

Dont second guess your decision. A couple of years ago i had to make the same decision with my beautiful cat of 18 years. Afterwards i kept thinking i shouldnt have made that call. But then i remember how she was that last day, and it was the only choice anyone could make.

So many hugs for you Deco.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Deco,

I am thinking about you today.

I think the photo wall sounds great, I plan to start one too, once we get into the new house. Our pets make such an impression on our lives; it is hard not to think of them as family and as such they deserve a place on a family photo wall.

I am glad you are keeping busy, try to be kind to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results