shape
carat
color
clarity

Kitchen Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I have a very minor dilemma with a kitchen remodel and thought stylish PS''ers would be able to answer a design question for me.

We are having Baltic Brown granite installed next week and it''s time for me to pick a faucet. I really love the way an Antique Bronze faucet would look with the granite and cabinets, but the sink will be stainless steel and the appliances are as well. My gut tells me that the faucet should match everything else, but the Antique Bronze is so pretty.

Does anyone have mixed-metal in their kitchens and think it works well?

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mean a bronze faucet with a stainless sink? I personally am not a fan. Any chance you could do some kind of ''stone look'' sink instead? That would work much more nicely-maybe in a tan or ivory color?

If the sink has to be stainless I personally would stick with a stainless faucet. But you can get some nice "old world" look faucets these days that look great in silver!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan of bronze, period, but that doesn''t answer your question. I''d do matching stainless for sure. Save the bronze for when you re-do a powder room or something.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I found a picture online of a Silestone kitchen with bronze faucet and stainless sink. I think in this case you should put in what you like because you can always change it out when you sell etc. I think it looks fine but I'm not a matchy matchy person.

showroom006.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends upon the style of your kitchen. Contemporary kitchens would be better if everything matched for a sleeker look. If the kitchen/home is older, mixing would be okay. I have a polished nickel bridge faucet, and an oil rubbed bronze pot filler, but I live in an old beach cottage and I wanted the kitchen to blend with the rest of the house. Here is a little snippet of my kitchen. The floor is visible here. It is random sized weathered limestone, the countertop is 150 year old heart pine from a torn down warehouse. The whole kitchen is eclectic.

french grey island resize.JPG

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
There''s nothing wrong with having a bronze faucet and stainless sink, however, those finishes are very "trendy" and I think they''re kind of on their way out. Brushed nickel or just nickel would probably be the best route.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bronze and stainless are fine IMO depending on the style of the kitchen. What are the cabinets like? Is the kitchen sleek, vintage, farm style, european...that will all have a big impact on how the bronze/stainless combo will look...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada, I say go with what you love! It always seems to work that way.

Penn, what is the up and coming new finish?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 9:40:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Giada, I say go with what you love! It always seems to work that way.

Penn, what is the up and coming new finish?

I don''t think there will be a new must have finish. I say this a lot, but I think it''s all about finding s balance. Personally, I love oil rubbed bronze, but it just became so overdone that it became a trend that everyone wanted to have.

The key is designing and selecting things for the space with consideration for the architecture. I wouldn''t buy a modern home and then decorate with my traditional style.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We recently bought a new house and it has oil rubbed bronze hardware and faucets and the sink is stainless. It hasn''t crossed my mind until reading this that there was anything wrong with that! For me, the bronze will be a long-lasting color, even though it is popular now. I just like it better than nickel and think it will be neutral when the styles change.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the advice! We have polished nickel for all of the other faucets in our home, so I'm thinking of just sticking with that for the kitchen as well. Our home is not modern by any means. It is very traditional and a bit Craftsman, so the nickel will probably be best.

I sure do love the way the oil rubbed bronze looks next to darker granite, but I'll just have to admire it in someone else's kitchen. : - P

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I have Baltic Brown with stainless appliances and sink plus stainless faucet and I like the combination. I think the faucet and sink should match whatever you do.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can "mix" in this case since your granite is Brown. I saw SS faucets with copper sinks at a design center.

We just did our kitchen over and went with Cream Glazed Cabinets, Dark Copper sink, and ORB faucet, pulls, and lighting..

Our backsplash is Cream subway tile ( that is " an artisian finish" not perfectly cut ) with a Mocha Glass Strip 2/3 up.

The ORB looks nice against the lighter finishes... I hope it is not out of style already.. Our sink and faucet are copper and cost a small fortune, since we did not want to skimp on quality .
6.gif

Penn - What are your thoughts...???

soocool

Ideal_Rock
If your drawer knobs/pulls are also bronze I would go for it. I wouldn''t do a bronze faucet and silver knbs/pulls and viceversa.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 3:01:18 PM
Author: crystalheart1
I think you can ''mix'' in this case since your granite is Brown. I saw SS faucets with copper sinks at a design center.

We just did our kitchen over and went with Cream Glazed Cabinets, Dark Copper sink, and ORB faucet, pulls, and lighting..

Our backsplash is Cream subway tile ( that is '' an artisian finish'' not perfectly cut ) with a Mocha Glass Strip 2/3 up.

The ORB looks nice against the lighter finishes... I hope it is not out of style already.. Our sink and faucet are copper and cost a small fortune, since we did not want to skimp on quality .
6.gif

Crystal-what are your countertops?

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi- We have Typhoon Bordeaux Granite, which is mostly Taupe, Browns, Mushroom Earth Tones with a Cream Background

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Granite

aagranite.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your faucet should match the drawer pulls you plan to use.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:30:18 PM
Here is the Granite
Beautiful granite, Crystalheart! Is that an Ogee edge? I was really drawn to the Ogee edge in the samples we saw, but it's sometimes hard to tell how it looks on the finished product.

You all bring up a great point about the hardware pulls. I had not even gotten that far. I will likely go with a nickel finish on those, so it's seeming that a SS/nickel finish will be best for the faucet.

Lulu, can you share a picture of your Baltic Brown with the sink and faucet? I would love to see how it all looks together.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 3:01:18 PM
I think you can ''mix'' in this case since your granite is Brown. I saw SS faucets with copper sinks at a design center.

Our backsplash is Cream subway tile ( that is '' an artisian finish'' not perfectly cut ) with a Mocha Glass Strip 2/3 up.

6.gif

Absolutely. Stainless is a neutral and when you think about it, probably 99% of sinks are stainless anyway.

Beautiful granite and kitchen space, btw. I love it!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you.. yes Giada it is an Ogee edge.

And we are going with ORB fixtures, knobs with a dark copper sink and faucet.

We have stainless appliances..

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
crystal: the counters look great! What shade tinges are in there..it's hard to tell. Is it mostly white/gray or is there a peach/pinkish undertone? Can't wait to see updated pics when the time comes!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you.. The picture is very misleading.. No pink undertones at all... it is all Earth Tones... Taupe Mushroom Cream
and Bits Of Grey. I am trying to post some updates with the BackSplash but can not size them down for some reason..

I will keep trying.

We were lucky to find this piece of granite. It almost has the look of marble. It is very earthy and calming..lol

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of the recent updates

IMAG0045.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful. I love the subway tiles, and the granite

. Antique Bronze faucet will look great with this

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, CrystalHeart. You have solidified my choice to go with the Ogee edge. I really love the way it looks, especially on the island.

You''ve done a wonderful job selecting your components for the new kitchen. I look forward to seeing the finished space!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the copper sink. I will post again when we install the rest.

We put up our Roman SHades. We had them done custom.. but for the money , I am not too impressed

I am going to see if they can be done over. : ((

granitesinppk.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, crystal, I love your kitchen! It''s super gorgeous, I love the unique backsplash
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results