shape
carat
color
clarity

Kitchen Cabinet features--what''s useful, what''s useless

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 8:58:00 AM
Author: janinegirly
Thanks everyone! I think I am sold on the pull out pantry. For those who have it, if you had a single door cabinet (18inches) next to the oven--would you go with the pull out pantry or roll out tray shelves? I am looking for this cabinet to store olive oil, sauces, cooking items that we all frequently reach for. Right now I am leaning towards the pull out pantry as other cabinets will have the shelves.

thing2of2: thanks for your input! Sounds like your pull out pantry by the fridge didn''t get as much use?

tacori: SIL also has that appliance hiding cabinet (with plug etc)--it''s so cool! Don''t think we can do it though
7.gif

No problem! And I think I wasn''t explaining myself well: the pantry right next to the fridge isn''t actually a pull out one. (We only have 1 pull out pantry and it''s across from the fridge.) The one next to the fridge is more like a broom closet because there''s no closet on the first floor of my house. It''s just tall and is totally empty-no shelves or anything. I really like having the broom and mop right there in the kitchen because that''s where we sweep and mop the most.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should look into the GE Monogram appliances. You''ll get the professional look and quality without the high price tag.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I ditto the recommendation for a deep sink with no dividers. Kohler makes an AWESOME sink and there are different accessories available for it. I think it's called the Kohler 8 degree sink. It's in stainless, if you want something more traditional, get a Shaws farmhouse. The deeper the better!

That's the one I have Penn. It's AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results