shape
carat
color
clarity

Kismet visits Intergem

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Nice finds! I wish it would come by me but alas, no.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 7:38:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Oh pretty. Intergem comes by me every year, and I want to find some settings. How was the pricing if you don''t mind my asking?

The platinum setting and the white gold setting were pretty inexpensive ($350 and $200) as I got them from an antique dealer there. The yellow gold setting was more expensive ($600).

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, my! I want those earrings! I love the colours, how well they go with the yellow gold and the design.

I think that choosing between the spess and the sunstone is going to be very hard. Both look great in that setting (I am not so fond of the green in there, though).

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice finds, especially the earrings!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 8:00:02 PM
Author: Kismet

Oh pretty. Intergem comes by me every year, and I want to find some settings. How was the pricing if you don't mind my asking?

The platinum setting and the white gold setting were pretty inexpensive ($350 and $200) as I got them from an antique dealer there. The yellow gold setting was more expensive ($600).
Do you mind sharing what antique seller??!! I am going to look for them when I go! Thanks Kismet!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 8:34:20 AM
Date: 5/14/2010 8:00:02 PM

Oh pretty. Intergem comes by me every year, and I want to find some settings. How was the pricing if you don''t mind my asking?

Do you mind sharing what antique seller??!! I am going to look for them when I go! Thanks Kismet!

I had to look it up because all I could remember was the Klaus bit. It''s AG Klaus Fine Jewelry.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 6:48:52 PM
Author:Kismet
Last Saturday I went to Intergem armed only with my trusty boxes of loose stones (and my credit card and my check book and some helpful PS''ers) in attempt to find homes for some of my gems.

My homeless gems.

original.aspx

original.aspx
I would love to see close ups of all of those :)

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great finds. Love your earrings!
30.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice stones. The antique ring is something, Kismet!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow you did very well. Beautiful pieces.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 6:57:37 PM
With the crysoberyl in the setting.
YUM! I love the cut on that Chrysoberyl!

ETA: It is so so sad that you have so many homeless gems. I would be happy to give this one and a few others a very happy home.
2.gif

I'm off to see if Intergem will ever be near me...NO
38.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Kismet, you always come away with such great finds! I LOVE the sunstone in the YG setting - I wish it fit!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet - you came up with a goldmine of finds! I love the spess in that setting - what a great colour!

Inspired me to look up Intergem and they''re coming by Houston June 11th and Dallas in October. Woo!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the moonstone and garnet ring the best:) What an interesting combination! The zircon is looking good in the setting too:)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 9:11:04 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Oh, my! I want those earrings! I love the colours, how well they go with the yellow gold and the design.

I think that choosing between the spess and the sunstone is going to be very hard. Both look great in that setting (I am not so fond of the green in there, though).

Thank you all! I think Andrew Sarosi said something about making the earrings a standard item so maybe they have more of them to sell.

I took my gems and settings to my jeweler on Saturday. All of the settings needed some work one way or the other. The zircon setting just needed to be sized. The yellow gold setting (the spess was the winner there) needed a new head as the spess was too deep and needed to be sized. The chrysoberyl setting needed the wedding band removed and needed prong repair.

I also dropped off my carved amethyst for setting too. I wanted them to drill it but they couldn''t guarantee that it wouldn''t break so I ended up having them prong set it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve surely picked up some nice finds at the show; my favourite is the spess in the yellow gold setting and the spinel/cabochon earrings. I hope the earrings will be a standard offering as they are simply gorgeous.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
While I was taking ear shots of my new pearl earrings I figured I would take a shot of these too. I''m kind of surprised I got it mostly in focus and the whole earring in the shot.

kiz-tourmearrings1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The earrings look awesome on you!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the color of the pink tourmaline really pops, and I love it in that color gold. Really nice, kismet, and I swear, every time I go by Andrew Sarosi''s booth, I think of you, lol.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I got my rings back from the jewelers today. I love, love, love the chrysoberyl ring. The spess ring looks a little off to me and I can''t decide if the prongs are actually a bit wonky or if it''s just because the yellow gold shows up so much more against the orange.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Really nice finds there kismet!
36.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of all 3 rings. I''ll put up more when ps-2 rolls around ''cause I''m too lazy to do it twice.

kiz-3rings1.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the preview, kismet! From the angle, I''m not quite seeing the prong issue on the spess ring, but hopefully you can get it taken care of. Looking forward to seeing more pics soon in 2.0!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful. I always have a soft spot for spessartites. Your stones are also so nicely cut! They look great!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I got tired of waiting so here are the pictures of my set stones.

First up, my blue zircon ring. It''s picking up a green reflection from my outdoor table I think.

kiz-bluezircring1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Profile view.

kiz-bluezircring2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Close up hand shot.

kiz-bluezircring3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And distance hand shot.

kiz-bluezircring4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My minty with one yellow corner chrysoberyl ring. I love this ring.

kiz-chrysoring1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results