shape
carat
color
clarity

Kindle owners + Prime members, you can now borrow books

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
...from Amazon. looks like once a month from a specific list. but, hey, better than nothing. here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1328879142&pf_rd_i=507846

anybody going to take advantage of it. i think i'm passing b/c i can't take advantage of any of the other prime benefits (have a PO box, so no 2 day shipping, and stupid internet service that doesn't stream videos worth a crap) and at $79/year, borrowing 12 books isn't really worth it...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I agree that 12 books is not worth 79 a year. I'll pass.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I have Amazon prime for the free 2-day shipping (we buy our cat food on Amazon, books, Christmas presents, pretty much everything). A bunch of friends and I went in on it together, so it's an awesome deal. I'm really excited about the free Kindle books!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Novel|1320415991|3053812 said:
I have Amazon prime for the free 2-day shipping (we buy our cat food on Amazon, books, Christmas presents, pretty much everything). A bunch of friends and I went in on it together, so it's an awesome deal. I'm really excited about the free Kindle books!

Novel, unless you are the PRIMARY holder (meaning, you pay for it, and the others are on your account), this does not apply to you. I share my prime account, but not the primary holder. So no movies for me, nor this free borrowing.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1320427861|3053986 said:

Novel, unless you are the PRIMARY holder (meaning, you pay for it, and the others are on your account), this does not apply to you. I share my prime account, but not the primary holder. So no movies for me, nor this free borrowing.

Oh, that's a shame for you. I am the primary holder, so I can use it. We don't have an official shared one, we just all use my email and login, and my kindle is linked to that login. Do you guys all have different accounts linked to one Prime account? I didn't know you could do that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Novel|1320430206|3054010 said:

Oh, that's a shame for you. I am the primary holder, so I can use it. We don't have an official shared one, we just all use my email and login, and my kindle is linked to that login. Do you guys all have different accounts linked to one Prime account? I didn't know you could do that.

Technically you can invite family in the same household, but I share an account with another PSer, in fact. And yes, we all have separate accounts. She just extended an invitation to me to be on her prime account, but other than that, our accounts are not linked in any way. Which is good because obviously I don't want to be charging to her account and vice versa....

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm.
I ordered the Fire, and I think it comes with a trial so I might check it out.

I have free 2 day shipping already since I have a student membership, so it'd mostly just be for the streaming. I'd have to compare their selection to netflix which is what I currently have.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1320430618|3054016 said:
Novel|1320430206|3054010 said:

Technically you can invite family in the same household, but I share an account with another PSer, in fact. And yes, we all have separate accounts. She just extended an invitation to me to be on her prime account, but other than that, our accounts are not linked in any way. Which is good because obviously I don't want to be charging to her account and vice versa....

That's so interesting, I didn't know it could be done. I might end up doing that instead for our Prime account if my friends don't mind, because every now and then someone does charge something to someone else's card instead. And I get all the confirmation emails! Good to know, thanks, T-Gal.

Sorry, threadjack!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results