shape
carat
color
clarity

Kid on Tiktok with a diamond tester..

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Testing their high school teacher's wedding rings:

While these diamond testers are not very reliable, is it possible that diamond ring deception happens more than I thought? :confused:

Also, is it just me or do these teachers diamond rings look very similar?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I think a princess cut cz (or other diamond stimulant) is easy to detect. Their facets are cut very differently due to the difference in reflective index. I didn’t need a diamond detector to see that the teacher’s centerstone is not a diamond.

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I just read about this. 2020 just keeps getting wilder and wilder.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its a bad start to marrage to lie (even my omission) about an ER
i certainly would not think less of someone because they had a diamond substitute and not a diamond because there are many valid reasons for people not having a diamond
but he sbould not let her think it is a diamond if it is not

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fear is the most powerful human emotion.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is quite sad! That poor teacher, the princess cut is quite obviously not real even to my eye but she was very upset to learn that. Sometimes I think innocence is bliss...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t understand people who try to pass off a fake on someone they want to spend their life with. Be upfront. Be honest. I bet many women would be ok with a cz ring, especially if it was a “starter” ring while they saved up for something special. It’s the lie that creates problems.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree with all of you, but it's baffling to me that they would lie to their spouse like that, do they think they won't get busted? Or didt they simply get scammed???

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is heartbreaking for the teacher. Why would someone who is supposed to love you, lie to you?

I have this same diamond tester. It works just fine. The student used it correctly.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of a story on Reddit not too long ago. Boyfriend proposes with a Tiffany solitaire. It's a little to big so he says he will take it to be sized. But she works right near the store, she goes to Tiffany to have it adjusted. They tell her that it's not a Tiffany ring. She goes home and sees in her fiance's history he purchased a cheap cz ring from Amazon. He had known it was too large so he was going to get a smaller one and tell her that he exchanged it at Tiffany. He got the box and wrappings from his friend who had proposed with a real Tiffany ring.

Yes, they broke up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results