shape
carat
color
clarity

Ketubah Schmetubah -- I don''t know which one to choose!

Which ketubah should Shertz and Mr. Shertz choose?

• Roses (Melissa Dinwiddie)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Magic Hour (Nishima Kaplan)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I guess it''s *good* that I like all of them, right??

If you were me, which would you pick?

Nishima Kaplan Celebration (left) and Melissa Dinwiddie Roses (right)

BridalCanvasDotCom_5382.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Sweet Shelter

BridalCanvasDotCom_5384.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Wandering Rocks (left) and Magic Hour (right)

BridalCanvasDotCom_5383.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
They are all so different! My favorites are Roses and Sweet Shelter.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 12:31:39 AM
Author: mscushion

This is the problem! Who knew our taste wasn''t consistent??

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first three, the last two are very different from the first... More importantly, where in your home do you visualize hanging it? Ours is over our dresser in our room, but many people like to have it in the living room or a hallway, and my crazy uncle has his in the bathroom ("for contemplative purposes.") What do you visualize your forever space where it will eventually hang looking like? All are good choices, but I''m least fan of the rocks one, I think it looks sort of dated already. We couldn''t decide on one so ordered one with our details and wording printed on watercolor paper and our aunt painted it for us. If you are artistic or know someone, that could also be amazing. (they sent 2 just in case of mistakes).

Good luck choosing!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I like Sweet Shelter the best, but I generally prefer pattern-type designs to motifs. I had a really hard time choosing a ketubah, as well; there are just so many of them!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
They''re all beautiful in their own way, shertz! I chose Roses because I think it''s classic but modern because it''s a bit more linear. It has the potential to work in a variety of spaces, like swimmer mentioned. Sweet Shelter was my next favorite.

I don''t think you can go wrong, but definitely think about it''s "forever home" in your residence and what your design aesthetic will be for that space.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I''m willing to concede that Magic Hour is not the right one for us.

Problem is, we don''t really have decor, nor any idea what our future house will look like. I would assume the ketubah won''t be the centerpiece of our artwork (my grandfather''s an artist, so his paintings will be front and center), but given that our big pieces are an abstract web and a still life of tulips ... they could all go!

I dunno why I''m so stuck on this -- maybe it''s because I never buy artwork

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I like Roses because I think it will age well - I think the other ones will look dated, but Roses is always going to look a little antique, no matter how old it gets, KWIM?

Btw, have I mentioned how desperately jealous I am of ketubahs? It''s such a cool thing to have as a reminder of the commitment you made, and to be able to see it and think about it on a daily basis is such a great idea. Plus, they''re beautiful!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I like Sweet Shelter - but it depends on where you''re going to hang it and if it will match the rest of your decor. DH and I never got around to hanging our ketubah, which is such a shame because it''s so pretty. Maybe I''ll go frame it actually so we can finally hang it up...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I adore Roses - but I''m pretty much obsessed with all things Craftsman, and it''s a very Craftsman-eque style.

The others are a bit too modern (I like the ones where the text is more prevalent), and sweet shelter just doesn''t seem modern enough.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
The more I look at Roses, the more I think that it could blend into a lot of decors. It''s sort of vintage-y yet modern -- the others lean one way or the other.

Or else maybe I''m crazy, LOL

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Hands down- Sweet Shelter. It immediately grabbed my attention but not because it is over the top of obnoxious.

The ketubah my friends got was based on Song of Songs. I loved it. It was a really vibrant and joyful piece of art. I can''t wait to see it framed and matted in their home.
Song of Songs by Naomi Teplow

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 12:31:39 AM
Author: mscushion
Me too. I like the overall traditional/sentimental look of both of these. The others seem to be trying to look "new" or "modern." Nothing wrong with that, but I like the alignment of traditional rite/ceremony and traditional presentation of the document.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the sweet shelter... so beautiful!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
sweet shelter!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 8:32:09 AM
Author: swimmer
I prefer the first three, the last two are very different from the first... More importantly, where in your home do you visualize hanging it? Ours is over our dresser in our room, but many people like to have it in the living room or a hallway, and my crazy uncle has his in the bathroom (''for contemplative purposes.'') What do you visualize your forever space where it will eventually hang looking like? All are good choices, but I''m least fan of the rocks one, I think it looks sort of dated already. We couldn''t decide on one so ordered one with our details and wording printed on watercolor paper and our aunt painted it for us. If you are artistic or know someone, that could also be amazing. (they sent 2 just in case of mistakes).

Good luck choosing!

Swimmer -- I love your Ketubah! It''s gorgeous, and it''s such a special gift from your aunt.

Shertz -- I really like Roses because it''s simpler in design. The others are pretty too, but I would worry that the words would get sort of lost in the background of the art. They''re all pretty though, and I can see why it''s a tough decision.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
FI and I discussed last night ... I think it''s going to end up being Sweet Shelter or Roses. He was like, "I like the red one and the tree, but it''s more important to you, so it''s OK."

I think of the two, he''s leaning Roses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results