shape
carat
color
clarity

Kennebunkport, ME

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
After reading Selkies thread, I thought I''d share a picture that my mother framed and gave to me for Christmas. It was one of the best gifts I''ve ever gotten, as I''ve been extremely homesick for uh....I don''t know....two years!
Growing up there, I NEVER thought I''d say it....but I miss the snow and the Christmas atmosphere.
Anyway, this is where I grew up!
1.gif

P.S. Sorry it''s not the best quality...I took a picture OF the picture.

beautiful maine.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Lucky, that photo is beautiful, and so quintessentially New England! I can see why it touches you so much.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Luckystar112--- Your home is absolutely breathtaking!!! I love that all the trees are decorated, and how in the world did you manage the tree on the roof?!?! Sooo inventive!!! That snow is just... well, WOW!!!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
That photo feels like something people like me in southern California only see in a greeting card. :) In my 23 years of life, I have YET to see snow fall. So seeing this is so magical for me. Thank you for sharing!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oops, sorry meresal...I should have probably elaborated. That''s not actually my home home. It''s dock square, in the center of kennebunkport. The building with a xmas tree on it is actually a store. The whole surrounding area is just a bunch of little shops right on the ocean, and a few blocks down is President Bush Sr.''s summer home. :)
It''s actually a HUGE tourist area in the summer, but as you can see it''s shut down in the winter. Wonder why!! hmmm...
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Haha... I'll take, umm, the fact that no one can drive anywhere for $1000!!!

It's a gorgeous town, no matter!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Kennebunkport! We took a family road trip through New England a few years ago and our day in Kennebunkport was one of our favorite days.

I got a beautiful little YG and amethyst pinkie ring that I rarely wear anymore (wear all white metals now) but every time I look at it sparkling in my jewelry box I think of that wonderful vacation!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it too, went there many years back and think it is a charming place.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you now? I''m in Maine and it is freakin'' cold and we''ve had snow up the wa-zoo so far this winter. You can have it ALL!!
14.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photo! I know exactly where that is! I was just in Kennebunkport (and the Dock Square area) not too long ago. I love Kennebunkport -- it''s beautiful, no matter what season. I used to live on the seacoast of NH, and I considered the southern Maine coast part of my old stompin'' ground.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pic, Luckystar! I love pictures taken when it''s snowing outside so you can see all the snowflakes kind of out of focus, makes it look dreamy and idllyic.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that photo looks like a Christmas card how beautiful :)

I would adore a white Christmas :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, that is soooo beautiful! I wish we had more snow here this year! I think the house w/the tree attached to it looks cool; I wonder how they do that? Love that you can actually see the big flakes falling
3.gif
What a special picture!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luckystar, that photograph is BEAUTIFUL!!! gifts like that are my favorite! what a lovely town to grow up in, you are so lucky! my family took many day trips up there and wouldn''t you know, that is where my husband proposed! well, he proposed right on the beach, across from the Cape Arundel Inn, because i love the ocean and the Maine Coast. the next morning we had breakfast and i purchased my first bridal magazine in the green store in the background of your photo!!
1.gif

i''m sorry you are homesick (i can certainly see why) and i hope you get to return for a visit soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of the most festive, beautiful pics I have ever seen, thanks for sharing it!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
thats very pretty....reminds me of the midwest. MissErin...take a trip to the MN/canada border..you can see PLENTY of snow fly there...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results