shape
carat
color
clarity

keeping my asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkleandshine

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I posted a week or so ago about whether or not I should accept a hand-me-down diamond. Well, I decided to get my own 2.13 G VS2 asscher, and I''ve narrowed the setting search down to two, but they are so different!!...any thoughts? You guys were a great help with the last decision...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/data/media/4/r904_003Ww.jpg

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/data/media/6/r919_031Ww.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I think everyone on here will agree that you can't go wrong with Leon! And you're right about the two choices being VERY different. That being said, I'm a total sucker for the pave, split shank, so my vote is definitely for the second one. Both are gorgeous though, and Leon will do an amazing job no matter which one you pick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE
30.gif
the split shank, especially the details around the basket area!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Bree, love the 2nd option, the split shank.
Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
both are just stunning. Are you wanting to wear a wedding band on the same hand? if so, I''d go with #1...#2 is gorgeous but personally, I''m not sure i''d want all the pave for an everyday e-ring. I think #1 is just soooo classic and fairly maintenance free..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them both. It depends for me on your lifestyle. Number one is very maintenence friendly. Number two isn't so much. If it were me and I went with number two, I would do it with less pave. Just one sided on the top of the shanks and on the basket... but not on the prongs. Number one is very classic and timeless though.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
If your lifestyle allows for it, definitely #2 :) Congrats on keeping the asscher!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE the first one! So classic, with the focus completely on the asscher!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the second one!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, that second setting is spectacular! If you want to wear a band with it maybe you could not get pave diamonds on one of the sides.

sparkleandshine

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of taking off the pave on the sides of the shanks....so it would just be on the tops and around the middle of the basket and maybe the prongs. That way my wedding band, which will be just a thin, plain platinum band, could be worn on the same hand, but wouldn''t sit flush.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both GORGEOUS rings, and with your stone they will look killer, so there is really no wrong decision, but I might lean towards the first ring. First, it makes the stone look bigger
30.gif
. Always a good thing! Second, the single shank may be more comfortable to wear, especially with your wedding band (I had a split shank ring and felt it was too "thick" on my finger when I was also wearing my band). If you can try on the rings (or similar styles in another shop) with a wedding band it may help your decision.

Happy decision-making!

DD

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the #2 camp!!! That thing will get some major attention!!!

30.gif
30.gif

I would have to agree.... I absolutely think the 2nd setting is magnificant...

I adore my Leon engagement ring... his work is magnificant and with the specs on the stone you have, I think a split setting with PAVE everywhere and anywhere that man could possibly put it would be GORGEOUS !!!!

Then again, I loooooove his pave....
30.gif

I''m struggling to with a Wedding band.... I don;t want to damamge the ring in any way but cannot imagine not having a band...

Girl, if you have the stone, I''d say go for it !!!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the first one!
It''s magnificent!
GAWD! With all these asschers, now I need one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results