shape
carat
color
clarity

katie''s NEW sapphire band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Since the store gave me 10% off and was holding this band for me, I needed to go pick it up, so I got it Friday night. It is absolutely gorgeous in person. My husband immediately saw how much prettier it was than the first one I''d gotten. It''s quite a bit too big for me--it''s a 6.5 and I need it sized to either a 5.5 or a 6. A 6 would probably be perfect (just slightly on the loose side) for my right hand, but my left ring finger is just under a 5 so I think I may have it sized to a 5.5 so I can wear it stacked if I want to (with my ering and wband). I''ll be taking it back to the store today to leave it to be sized, so I''ll have to decide on the size when I get there. I don''t want it too snug on my right ring finger, so I''m not sure what I''ll do there...

I took some photos this weekend though. I REALLY hope you''ll be able to see the difference after I''ve talked about how much nicer it is. The stones are just way better cut (especially the sapphires). I can see tiny arrows in the diamonds but wasn''t able to capture them in any good photos.

Anyway, let me know what you think!!

kdidnewband3.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photo #2

kdidnewband4.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photo #3 - side view

kdidnewband2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one!

kdidnewband.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, and here is the old band for comparison -- believe me, IRL there is a much greater difference than you can see in photos

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry - photo didn''t make it...

koldband.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely Katie!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulations.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I much prefer it to the first one. It looks so nice stacked with your e-ring and wedding band.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, Katie!! I Like it much better than the first one and it looks great stacked with your rings. I am so happy you were able to get the one you really wanted.
36.gif
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The old one was very "prongy"--the prongs really stuck up. Although I did love the airline setting since it lets light in under the stone. Oh well, I''m happy sacrificing that to get this one because it will sit lower if and when I do wear it stacked. The way I had them stacked in the photo isn''t how I would wear them. I''d wear the sapp band on the bottom, then my eternity band, then my ering. It looks really nice that way. I''m just struggling with what size to have this one sized to!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, pretty! I can totally see why you weren''t happy with the first ring, when you compare it to the blue of these sapphires! Nice choice!
36.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It`s beautiful!! (Love the first picture you posted!)

I`m really happy you!! Glad it all worked out for you.
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katie, you''re new sapph and diamond band IS nicer. I''m so glad you got the one you really wanted because I know how it feels to compromise and have regrets. Congrats!
1.gif

I always wished I was one of those women who had the same ring finger size on both hands, but I have to same situation as you do, a half to 3/4 size difference between my left and right hands.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!
36.gif

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your band! I wish there was a Fink''s near me! Enjoy your beautiful sapphires!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh... it''s beautiful Katie. Love the sapphires. With the lighter hue of blue, they seem to be more alive compared to the other. Good job!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful katie!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now this one is awesome, love it Katie!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
GREAT CHOICE!!! WOW there is a huge difference in the rings :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Your collection is so classic and beautiful :)WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
really beautiful - so glad it all worked out for you - ENJOY!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is stunningly beautiful! Glad it all worked out!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice compliments! I knew you all would be able to see why I hesitated to keep the other one after having seen this one!

I just dropped it off to be sized. I decided to go with a 5.5 so hopefully I can wear it stacked on my left hand as well as on my right hand. They said they can always resize it again for me if I need them to. The guy told me it''s totally normal for the hand you write with to be about a half size bigger in ring sizes. My hands stay cold so often so I decided to go with the 5.5 instead of the 6. Hope it was a good decision! I should have my ring back by this weekend.

:)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heart me some sapphires!! Your ring is really pretty and definitely on my wish list. Do you have any more stats on it? How wide is it?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring is MUCH preferable to the old one...the color of the other sapphires doesn''t light a candle to these...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! The sapphires are a beautiful color!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colour for the sapphires. A lovely ring
35.gif

D2B

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I''d guess it''s around 3mm or so in width.
There are 4 sapphires totalling .59 ct and they are AA to AAA grade stones (I have no idea what this means, but they''re pretty!).
And 3 diamonds totalling .31ct and they are G-H, VS1.
18k white gold (wish it was platinum but had to cut costs somewhere!).

I love the sapphires, as they look different in different light--sometimes they''re purpleish (which I love) and sometimes they''re darker blue but still with that "electric" kind of glow to them.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Glad you''re happy with your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results