shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are divorcing

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
In addition Katie was probably offered more money (more than the pre-nup amount) to settle quickly and despite her protestations of not being interested in the money, I'm sure it would have acted as an incentive to move things along quickly. I'll be interested to see what Katie and also Vanessa Paradis do careerwise post their splits from their high profile men.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1340994832|3226072 said:
HollyS|1340993410|3226059 said:
If someone has been divorced twice, what are the odds that the third time won't be the charm?

Divorce rates for third marriages are in the 90% range.

I guess my mom is lucky... She's been married three times, but she's been married to my step dad for nearly 30 years!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edited because I think I may be violating a forum policy. Sorry.

I'll just say that there's a video of him on YouTube that is TERRIFYING.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1341944215|3231722 said:
Edited because I think I may be violating a forum policy. Sorry.

I'll just say that there's a video of him on YouTube that is TERRIFYING.

I know we can't post links to YouTube, but can you tell us the name of the video?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it was a violation of the policies because it's a video where he talks about his religion. So I don't want to post the title, because I think that would still be a violation. It's about nine minutes long, and just watching the way he speaks gives me the creeps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1341945255|3231730 said:
I think it was a violation of the policies because it's a video where he talks about his religion. So I don't want to post the title, because I think that would still be a violation. It's about nine minutes long, and just watching the way he speaks gives me the creeps.

Okay, I understand. I can't use the "R" word when it comes to that scam organization, though.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Just watched a bit of that vid. Have no idea what he is talking about, but overall Tom seems wound a little tight, KWIM.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon|1341947414|3231751 said:
Just watched a bit of that vid. Have no idea what he is talking about, but overall Tom seems wound a little tight, KWIM.
That's a good way to put it!
He's a bit too intense for me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1341947720|3231753 said:
Beacon|1341947414|3231751 said:
That's a good way to put it!
He's a bit too intense for me.

Sort of the same look I see in North Korean leaders.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I gotta go search around for the video.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, so that was pretty easy to find and now that I'm 1:40 into it....um..yeah. So far what I can say is that if they're the only ones that can make the world a better place, they're not doing a very good job of it, and I think the line right in the beginning about being the only ones that can create alternate realities/universes or whatever is spot on. B/c you obviously are currently IN an alternate reality created by massive egos.

And, I was under the impression that Scientology isn't a *religion*. That's what I've heard over and over, that it isn't a religion, it's a..way of life or something. So, does it still violate policies?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Packie--His behavior in that video really reminds me of this terrible thing I once witnessed. It was a young man on the verge of a mental breakdown, and he was speaking just like TC in that video. So strange.

I don't know much about Scientology, but we were warned to be respectful of all religions on page 1 of this thread, so I'm thinking PS officially considers it a religion.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
He is all kinds of cray cray! But, have you seen him in Rock of Ages? I would still hit that . . . just once, though.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer|1341955882|3231871 said:
He is all kinds of cray cray! But, have you seen him in Rock of Ages? I would still hit that . . . just once, though.

LOL!!

On this topic, anyone read blindgossip? All kinds of crazy rumours! I admire Katie for taking all of this on though, the other women always made me kind of sick how they just stayed silent and awkward after divorcing or breaking up with "TC".

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1341880320|3231269 said:
I am sure it is Tom's team's damage control. Most people would agree with Katie, so it is better for his career and affiliation with that organization to just get it over with as quickly and as quietly as possible. And that was very fortunate for Katie.

I agree with this!!! there are some crazy videos out there!!! I am glad she is no longer with him and she has sole custody, but then again I think that is how the org would want it too.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1342038808|3232478 said:
diamondseeker2006|1341880320|3231269 said:
I am sure it is Tom's team's damage control. Most people would agree with Katie, so it is better for his career and affiliation with that organization to just get it over with as quickly and as quietly as possible. And that was very fortunate for Katie.

I agree with this!!! there are some crazy videos out there!!! I am glad she is no longer with him and she has sole custody, but then again I think that is how the org would want it too.

Unless of course she had some blackmail that got him to give her what she wanted...immediately. Gosh this is great gossip fodder, I hope the settlement didn't stipulate she never talk either (I mean unless she chooses not to on her own ..).

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would be willing to bet everything I've got that there's an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement in that settlement! There is no way Miss Katie will be talking about it.

I don't get why there's so much animosity towards TC. Yeah, he appears to be a nut job when it comes to his beliefs, but other than saying that psychiatry is junk-science and refusing to come out of the closet (if the standard rumors are to be believed), has he really done anything so horrible? The guy grew up in a poor, abusive household and was bullied all through school. He attended 15 different schools in 12 years and was a functional illiterate when he graduated. Is it any wonder he feels so strongly about Scientology, an organization that he claims helped him significantly? To me, it sure looks like a cult, and for many people it likely is, but TC became a scientologist and ended up with career success beyond anyone's wildest dreams -- of course he believes in it!

As for KH, I think it's great that she was able to get out of the marriage if that's what she wanted, and without a protracted ugly battle. But I don't feel any sympathy for the five years she spent with him (as the media seems to). She knew exactly what she was getting into!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1342040754|3232518 said:
As for KH, I think it's great that she was able to get out of the marriage if that's what she wanted, and without a protracted ugly battle. But I don't feel any sympathy for the five years she spent with him (as the media seems to). She knew exactly what she was getting into!

I for one, don't think she had a clue who he really was, and what she was getting herself into. She had a crush on him from when she was a young girl, and his poster on her wall.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be willing to bet everything I've got that there's an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement in that settlement! There is no way Miss Katie will be talking about it.

I don't get why there's so much animosity towards TC. Yeah, he appears to be a nut job when it comes to his beliefs, but other than saying that psychiatry is junk-science and refusing to come out of the closet (if the standard rumors are to be believed), has he really done anything so horrible? The guy grew up in a poor, abusive household and was bullied all through school. He attended 15 different schools in 12 years and was a functional illiterate when he graduated. Is it any wonder he feels so strongly about Scientology, an organization that he claims helped him significantly? To me, it sure looks like a cult, and for many people it likely is, but TC became a scientologist and ended up with career success beyond anyone's wildest dreams -- of course he believes in it!

I also don't get the animosity, other than the fact that Tom is an easy target. Whatever their reasons for settling this thing quickly, it ultimately works to Suri's benefit so I say more power to them. And I hope Katie will choose to err on the side of discretion - again, for her daughter's benefit - no matter what the settlement says.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hlmr|1342050348|3232579 said:

I for one, don't think she had a clue who he really was, and what she was getting herself into. She had a crush on him from when she was a young girl, and his poster on her wall.

But she didn't marry him as a young girl. She was 27 when they married, the same age I was when I got married. She knew that he abruptly ended his marriage to Nicole Kidman. She could see, before she married him (since it took them a while to tie the knot) that for whatever reason his kids with Nicole were becoming estranged from her (I don't know if this is TC's or NK's fault). She had to have heard the rumors that he was actually gay, the rest of us had! I would imagine she knew all about the scientology requirement as she basically was interviewed for the position of being his spouse -- she even embraced scientology at first. What didn't she have a clue about? She's no dummy -- look how savvy she was handling this divorce.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1342059260|3232658 said:

But she didn't marry him as a young girl. She was 27 when they married, the same age I was when I got married. She knew that he abruptly ended his marriage to Nicole Kidman. She could see, before she married him (since it took them a while to tie the knot) that for whatever reason his kids with Nicole were becoming estranged from her (I don't know if this is TC's or NK's fault). She had to have heard the rumors that he was actually gay, the rest of us had! I would imagine she knew all about the scientology requirement as she basically was interviewed for the position of being his spouse -- she even embraced scientology at first. What didn't she have a clue about? She's no dummy -- look how savvy she was handling this divorce.
She had his poster up on her wall as a young girl.
They started "dating" in April 2005.
They were engaged in June 2005.
Suri was born April 2006. (up for debate)
They were married November 2006.

Seems as though she "fell" for her childhood celebrity crush, and agreed to marry him (a dude with 2 failed marriages already under his belt) in +/- 2 months after starting to date. WHO GETS THE CHANCE TO DATE, MUCH LESS MARRY THEIR CHILDHOOD CELEBRITY CRUSH?!?!?!

I think she had an idea of what she was getting into, but I don't think she knew how *bad* it really was or the impact it was going to have on her life. It is one thing being introduced to a way of life and it is an entirely different thing to be completely enveloped in it, as I imagine life with Tom would be. I can't imagine going from Catholicism to Scientology's intensity, which is being purported in the media to be the biggest problem.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1342060333|3232666 said:
WHO GETS THE CHANCE TO DATE, MUCH LESS MARRY THEIR CHILDHOOD CELEBRITY CRUSH?!?!?!
hmmm, mine was David Cassidy, where is he now? :lol:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1340992643|3226048 said:
amc80|1340992003|3226035 said:
Hmm, so much for the rumored 10 year marriage contract...

I never heard of that. I just dislike Tom Cruise very much. I think he is an insensitive bully. I guess that is redundant. How many sensitive bullies are there?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

I heard of it as a 5-year contract. There were rumors that Tom basically hired a wife to improve his image and put to rest the rumors that he was gay:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...marriage-contract-urban-legend_n_1643267.html

For what it's worth, whether this was a contract or not, I don't think it helped his image, which has been beyond repair for a while...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally get the animosity towards Tom Cruise. Between the interview he did with Matt Lauer, jumping on Oprah's couch while proclaiming his love for Katie Holmes, and bragging about doing all his own stunts, I'm not a fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY

His ego is HUGE and that's a turn-off for me.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1342059260|3232658 said:

I don't think she had a clue about how living the life of scientology would really change her life so drastically. And yes, she did seem to embrace it at first, but her unhappiness became apparent shortly thereafter. She looked absolutely miserable, a shell of her former self. She's definitely learned a lot in the past five years, and I never thought her dumb....just very impressionable and naive.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I think the animosity has to do with the fact that he is quite unlikeable in interviews (ie when not acting) and that he also happens to be pretty weird in terms of beliefs - yet lectures everyone on it as if he has reached a higher level of awareness. No one likes a condescending person, or a bit of a freaky one and the fact is it just took awhile for others to get to this point b/c of his celebrity and good looks. An everyday person would have been an outcast for awhile.

I got most turned off after the Katie Holmes couch thing b/c it was so clear they were akward together yet they kept rubbing it in everyone's face that things were SO perfect, so wonderful. Annoying.

Also found it weird and creepy how he called her Kate. Almost a faux forced famiiarity - or to signify ownership in a away. I like that she now has gone back to Katie.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1341953965|3231847 said:
Packie--His behavior in that video really reminds me of this terrible thing I once witnessed. It was a young man on the verge of a mental breakdown, and he was speaking just like TC in that video. So strange.

I don't know much about Scientology, but we were warned to be respectful of all religions on page 1 of this thread, so I'm thinking PS officially considers it a religion.

That video is . . . odd. But the real fun begins when you watch the parody of that video with Jerry O'Connell as Tom.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
But the real fun begins when you watch the parody of that video with Jerry O'Connell as Tom.

The laugh - it's too good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results