shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate plus 8?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
It''s all starting to unravel...

I wonder why TLC thinks this show should even continue? It certainly doesn''t bring the same entertainment value for those who loved the show from day one. And for the parents, at what point do you say, "Enough is enough...this no longer good for our family."
38.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I would be happy if they did cancel the show...for the kids'' sake. They need to be put first for a change (for real, not just through Kate''s lip service) and being on TV every minute of their lives, at this point, can not be healthy...especially in light of the marital issues, etc. Leave the kids alone. Kate has her own show in the works, let her do it all herself, if that''s what she wants....but she needs to stop pimping out her own kids.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely agree with those who think the show should be put out of it''s misery, and the kids can at least try to get back to having some semblance of a normal life.

It''s just getting nasty...
38.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish they would all go AWAY!

E B

Ideal_Rock
They've both turned into money-hungry fools who should be ashamed of their recent behavior. Put me in Team Eight.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 11:49:12 AM
Author: BeachRunner
I saw this one coming:

linky
Seriously?? NOW they''re playing the Child Labor Law card???
20.gif

Haha, on a different note, my FI did say a while back, when all the divorce talk first started, that he''d bet just about anything that they''ll get back together. We''ll see.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another linky: Jon Attempts to Halt Production of ''Kate plus 8''

Sounds to me like Jon''s angry that TLC dropped him from the Show (no more $$$ for him), and is trying to get back at them and Kate.

He''s supposed to be on Larry King Live tonight - it''ll be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 4:48:23 PM
Author: Sha
Here's another linky: Jon Attempts to Halt Production of 'Kate plus 8'

Sounds to me like Jon's angry that TLC dropped him from the Show (no more $$$ for him), and is trying to get back at them and Kate.

He's supposed to be on Larry King Live tonight - it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Jon is sooo lame. Does he think no one sees what he's doing? I am glad it's halted, I think those poor kids need a break, and am hoping it's a permanent break. For gods sakes, someone has to look after the best interest of those kids.
Jon is only doing this to get back at Kate after he's dropped from the show.

He's only after the $$$$. Not the best interest of his kids/

If that was his interest, he would have pulled the plug ages ago.

He's flip flopping like a fish outta water.

I pray those kids get some counseling and can have some sort of a normal life, without cameras!!!

While I never liked Kate, I really think Jon is awful. I have no words for him.
14.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Since when does a "cease and desist" order issued by Jon (or through his attorneys in a letter) mean crap? Last I checked (as a lawyer myself), the Judge is the one who issues injunctions. So until he has a court order, surely he''s in breach of whatever contract remains with TLC. What a circus.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 6:46:32 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ha, well good luck with that Jon...
20.gif
Honestly I have no interest in watching the show. I didn''t llike Kate from the beginning.
5.gif

I really worry about their kids...x 8.
I totally echo Kaleigh too! It''s time for them to move on with their lives (outside of the public eye).

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t shocked by this latest developement. Was anyone, really? He''s more or less a child himself and this latest tantrum is just an example of that.

I will find it very interesting to see how it unfolds from here forward. While I''m firmly in the camp that the show has lost it magic-factor, what made it successful in the beginning, I think it''s selfish to completely cut of the ties by which they feed their family. How on earth does Jon assume he will feed, cloth, and care for his children if both of the parents are completely unemployed with no real skills to fall back on aside from being reality stars? Without the show generating opportunities they will quickly lose their financal footing and the children will suffer greatly.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I don't know if Jon's order is legal but it sure looks bad for TLC to keep filming if one parent objects. TLC is fluff and bunnies, and this is divorce war - battle over the kids begins!

Jon being such a tool, I'm not sure that stopping the show under such antics is really even best for the kids! They've had the show their whole lives and probably need some structure and distraction from the divorce meltdown. I don't think the drama of it all is really beneficial (with parents warring over you, calling a central feature of your childhood until now unhealthy and damaging). Even if it'd be best in the long term for the kids for the show to end, the manner of the ending matters.

And wow. Kate may have had it coming but those kids didn't - Jon's behavior is truly appalling. Just because your ex was a witch to your doormat for years, that doesn't give you a free pass on divorce behavior when there are kids involved. Just wow.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, check this one out linky

Sha

Ideal_Rock
That''s a funny link, szho7.
9.gif

Did anyone catch Jon Gosselin on Larry King Live last night? I watched the rerun at 12 am. Basically Jon and his lawyer were saying that they had planned to try to halt production of the Show since a few weeks ago....and that his recent move has nothing to do with TLC recently dropping him from the Show. He says he had an epiphany and needs to "be a man" and do what''s best for the children. I don''t believe him......
20.gif
The timing is just a bit too coincidental. I think he''s mad cause TLC dropped him.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sha, I watched it too. I didn''t believe them either. I was surprised at how little they get paid though - 1 million per year for the WHOLE family. And, I was also surprised that, according to him, the kids do not have trustfunds set up, which he seemed to be blaming on TLC and that they never had representation earlier.

I do think he is a puppet. The puppeteers are now telling him to pull the kids from the show. In the end, he would look like the hero because the public no longer wants to watch the show and has now deemed it bad for the children. Well, he would look like the hero, except he never voiced his concerns previously, either publicly or to his wife (according to her), so he actually does not look like much of a hero afterall.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 1:25:49 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Sha, I watched it too. I didn''t believe them either. I was surprised at how little they get paid though - 1 million per year for the WHOLE family. And, I was also surprised that, according to him, the kids do not have trustfunds set up, which he seemed to be blaming on TLC and that they never had representation earlier.

I do think he is a puppet. The puppeteers are now telling him to pull the kids from the show. In the end, he would look like the hero because the public no longer wants to watch the show and has now deemed it bad for the children. Well, he would look like the hero, except he never voiced his concerns previously, either publicly or to his wife (according to her), so he actually does not look like much of a hero afterall.

Is the million a year for the shows only? Or do Kate''s books and appearances add up to more than that?

I mean, let''s think about this...who are these people? Where did they come from? They were not celebrities, they did not invent anything useful, they are not world renown scientists or doctors...they became famous because she had sextuplets. I mean come on. Where would either of them be now, had they not had sextuplets or sold their life stories to TLC? They both act like they are entitled to a butt load of cash so they can continue to live the good life... They WERE normal people...they started to live outside of their normal means and now don''t want to give that lifestyle up. It''s amazing to see what lengths people will go to in order to keep their 15 minutes going...this is not for their kids anymore, it is for THEM alone. Barf.

I hope TLC cancels the show...they all need to go away.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My impression was that the $1 million was for the show only. After taxes, that is 50k per person. Considering the invasive nature of the program, it does not seem near enough to me.

I agree, though, that the show should be canceled.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep...I saw part of Larry king last night and I didnt buy Jon''s bull either! He acts like he wants to be the white
Knight that rides in and saves his family. But where was he 2 months ago? In the french riveria with his girlfriend.
Dont think he was too worried about "his" family then. Its just a coincidenc that his name got pulled from the
show and he wants to "save" his family"...I''m not buying it! He is such a farce!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results