shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton's new eternity ring

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a little small by PS standards, but it seems William gifted her this for Valentines Day & she's snugly wearing it next to her engagement ring.

Personally I love it. Princess Diana had a wedding ring of Welsh yellow gold with this sapphire ring, as is royal tradition here, so Kate's Wedding ring look has so far just been a complete replication. The eternity adds interest & makes the look more her own. As far as I am aware, Charles never gave Diana an eternity :rolleyes:

(Ring pics towards the bottom of this article)
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/kate-marks-valentines-day-at-northolt.html

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is so pretty!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alex T|1392752545|3617931 said:
Its a little small by PS standards, but it seems William gifted her this for Valentines Day & she's snugly wearing it next to her engagement ring.

Personally I love it. Princess Diana had a wedding ring of Welsh yellow gold with this sapphire ring, as is royal tradition here, so Kate's Wedding ring look has so far just been a complete replication. The eternity adds interest & makes the look more her own. As far as I am aware, Charles never gave Diana an eternity :rolleyes:

(Ring pics towards the bottom of this article)
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/kate-marks-valentines-day-at-northolt.html
Well, I'd say the relationships are drastically different. I am thrilled to see the inclusion of a thin eternity. It looks amazing. I am coveting her Ballon Bleu.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1392754609|3617959 said:
She is so pretty!

She is! And I love that "snorkel" blue color on her. :love: Her jewelry is perfect.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She truly is classically beautiful in my opinion. I love that he gave her an eternity band. She is elegance personified!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double post

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can sort of see it here. I think she is lovely. :))

_15099.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poor girl should get something of her own!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty! Love the look of a delicate eternity - I think the sapphire ring looks beautiful on her hand, too. Kate is really lovely.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's lovely for Kate to have an eternity band in white metal to match the white metal of the sapphire engagement ring. I read that someone who saw the ring up close, when Kate visited Cambridge, said the ring was really large. I doubt she wears it when she's off duty. A small eternity would probably suit being around baby Prince George better.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie - thanks for cropping the pictures. I am RUBBISH with technology!

Polished - Kate has stated in the past that she rarely let's the sapphire out of her sight due to the responsibility she feels towards looking after it. She says she wears it pretty much all the time as its safer on her hand.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1392775335|3618253 said:

+1 LOL :lol: I thought it macabre that he gave her Di's ring for the engagement ring. No way would I wear that bad-luck ring as my e-ring. Might have been okay as just a general gift, or to wear at government functions. But not for e-ring. Too much bad karma with that, starting with how Charles was in love w/ Camilla but married Di for a broodmare, then how Royals treated Di. ick and double ick, that whole family!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope they are genuinely in love. They look like they are to me. They seem to have fun together which is more than Charles and Diana did.

These are my favourite photos of William and Catherine. They were taken at the Olympics.

_15113.jpg

_15114.jpg

_15115.jpg

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
TC1987|1392832035|3618612 said:
AprilBaby|1392775335|3618253 said:

+1 LOL :lol: I thought it macabre that he gave her Di's ring for the engagement ring. No way would I wear that bad-luck ring as my e-ring. Might have been okay as just a general gift, or to wear at government functions. But not for e-ring. Too much bad karma with that, starting with how Charles was in love w/ Camilla but married Di for a broodmare, then how Royals treated Di. ick and double ick, that whole family!
I felt that way too at first. Now I actually think it's brought them good luck. They look genuinely happy and in love. I'd like to think Diana's spirit lives on in her ring and that through her son it's now finally the symbol of a loving marriage.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with all the comments about what an absolute beauty she is. And class and elegance, too. I think William dearly loved his mother, and that ring was the most special thing he could give his future wife. Jewelry just doesn't carry luck of any kind, in my opinion. I have high hopes these two will have a long and happy life together.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree Diamondseeker. And even though i'm almost 40, my mothers wedding rings still make me feel comforted & calm when i'm with her & i suspect William felt like that about Diana's ring. Clothes & fashion come & go, hair styles & colour come & go, but mums wedding rings have always been the same & I find them very beautiful. My own girls are always touching my rings when we have cuddles etc, and I hope they will feel the same about treasuring them when I am no longer around :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results