shape
carat
color
clarity

Kaleigh, Mara, Ron(Tierhog)-- HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
Thread hike here-- excuse me,.....Kaleigh and Mara--etc etc etc...-- I need your help!!!... I need some suggestions on places to get a great asscher or radiant... We are STILL looking!!!! OHG. Crazy. We have tried DBOF and Diamonds by Lauren, Good Old Gold, Georgia Diamond. We really need to be able to jus sit down with some wholesale mart place and let them spread out the options before us.... preferably a place that works alot in asschers, radiants, and maybe cushions - although i really want an asscher. Please HELP!!!- Amyfortner

please someone give me a lead as to if there is a place I can do this and even if it''s by appt.
It''s been three months and we can''t still find the right stone.....

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
Still wearing his grandma''s ring.
No one mention to Jon that I put this pic on here-- HE hasn''t seen me in the dress yet.

I love that Jon wants me to pic out my own ring. I just need more quality options similiar to the ones I have seen and we''d like the option of seeing a wholesaler in person.

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
It''s not that DBoF doesn''t ahve what we like- they definitely do... But there are only four to choose form-- plus the Royal Asscher price mark-up is preventing us from getting a larger stone that look prettier with the setting I like from Diana. If Michael Asscher on here were to give me a great deal that would be one thing, but otherwise we are stuck with the current options, and only four options really. I have looked at 1.27 and a 1.23 and both are beautiful in their own way, but one has flourescence which I love (obviously a non-royal) and one Royal has great fire, not so much scintillation and white light as the Lazare flourescent one. I love the royals - especially if it were ust a little bigger- as is you can''t really tell the extra facets are really there with the sizes we are having to look at based on price. The Lazare flourescent one had great scintialltion, and brilliance, but not much fire. So - basically I just need more options,... or a donation. - Thanks again for your help- Amy

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Amy, you'll get a lot more responses if you post your question in Rocky Talky . . .

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 6:19:43 PM
Author:AmyFortner
Thread hike here-- excuse me,.....Kaleigh and Mara--etc etc etc...-- I need your help!!!... I need some suggestions on places to get a great asscher or radiant... We are STILL looking!!!! OHG. Crazy. We have tried DBOF and Diamonds by Lauren, Good Old Gold, Georgia Diamond. We really need to be able to jus sit down with some wholesale mart place and let them spread out the options before us.... preferably a place that works alot in asschers, radiants, and maybe cushions - although i really want an asscher. Please HELP!!!- Amyfortner

please someone give me a lead as to if there is a place I can do this and even if it''s by appt.
It''s been three months and we can''t still find the right stone.....
I don''t know of any wholesale mart Amy. I got my asscher from GOG. I''m sorry you didn''t have any luck with the vendors you mentioned. Please ask for this to be moved to Rocky Talky. You''ll get lots more help there. Good luck.

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
I don''t know how to do this. Do you mind explaining. Sorry. Thank you.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Use the "msg admin" button (red question mark) at the top right of this page.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure where in the country you are located, but I''d suggest trying Mark Turnowski at ERD. He is in the center of the diamond district, so he can collect a few options and ''lay them all out'' as you say, if you are able to get to him.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''ve listed some of the best options amy. not sure why it''s proving to be so difficult for you. If i were getting and asscher, I''d go with Goodoldgold in a heartbeat. I''d just call Jon up and tell him what I wanted and let him find it. have you talked to any of the vendors in person? sometimes it can make a difference rather than just looking at what inventory they have on their websites. good luck.

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
thanks you guys-- nope, have''t spoken with Jona but another guy. When i was first there in july had great prices,.. have seen some higher pricinf lately that is different than DBOf and they are offering Royals. I really like DBOF and just need only a few more options I think due to the low brilliance factor for all asschers,... want to get just a little more(brilliance), but at least cheaper than the royals as we would also want flourescence and don''t mind a little lower color of G/H

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 8:35:01 AM
Author: AmyFortner
thanks you guys-- nope, have''t spoken with Jona but another guy. When i was first there in july had great prices,.. have seen some higher pricinf lately that is different than DBOf and they are offering Royals. I really like DBOF and just need only a few more options I think due to the low brilliance factor for all asschers,... want to get just a little more(brilliance), but at least cheaper than the royals as we would also want flourescence and don''t mind a little lower color of G/H
I''m afraid I don''t know what you''re asking for .. the problem you''re having is not a unique one. It happens to EVERYONE who wants an asscher ... you just haven''t adjusted your expectations yet. There aren''t many retailers for asschers that keep a "wide variety" of them in stock. There just AREN''T. It is not a popular enough cut for it to make good biz sense for them to do so OR THEY WOULD. Ya gotta face facts, Amy.

Your choices of how to proceed are limited whether that''s what you wanna hear or not. Most folks on here would probably tell you to work with a trusted vendor or two to figure out what you like stats wise (on paper) ... narrow the field ... call in a couple stones for the vendor to photograph & look at ... if it''s something they think you will like you either
a) get your little caboose on down there
b) ask for it to be sent to an appraiser near you for independent analysis
c) ask if you can have it sent to you (for some kind of deposit or outright purchase with return rights)

Rounds, you can go & look at a bunch & choose ... ASSCHERS: NOT LIKELY.

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
I see Deco-- I have had several brought in and one was fabulous , but just faced up so small and was only 3700 dollars which I can afford closer to 9000. So I was interested in getting bigger. Unfortunately - none have looked as good as that one and it was a Stuller. Amazing. I guess it''s just a matter of the cutter at the time, but somewhere in my elephant of a heart and peon of a mind- i think I will find a larger more appropriated sized and yet beuatiful asscher (just as beautiful as the tiny one). Here''s hoping and praying. Good to know that I may not find someone who deals mostly or only in asschers.

Thanks for your help!!- Love, Amy

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
No Mind! We just bought the most beautiful asscher this morning!!

here''s the specs:

6.40 x 6.34 x 4.44

1.51 cts

F

SI1

T=57
D=70

girdle thick to very thick

no culet
polish=ex
sym=ex

no flourescence, but it looks blue anyway

Cert is GIA-- matches with the very simple inclusionf os a faint cloud near one of the windmill pavilion corners, a feather, and several pinpoints (all of these are eye clean though).. everything matches the cert.

And--- IT is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Price-- great deal. Appraisal with national Skatell based appraised it at $4,000 more than what we paid the 46th ave NEw York Dealer for it.
It was such an easy process and great prices. We are so thrilled. I get it set tomorrow in the Diana setting I love and I am so excited.

PICS TO FOLLOW!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Yay!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see it!

widget

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like that one spoke to you! Can''t wait for the hand shots. I love seeing asschers in settings, on fingers, in flowers, on GRAPES, everywhere!!! Can''t wait for yours. Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Amy can''t wait to see it, that''s great!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

AmyFortner

Rough_Rock
still waiting for the setters to finish as the stone was too large for the head.. not a bad problem!:)
Will get pics on here as soon as possible.... Yeha!!
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results