shape
carat
color
clarity

Just starting to research

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel03

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new here. Will be getting engaged in a few months and am just starting the research. Any help at all is appreciated. We live in Los Angeles and the budget is $7000 - $9000. My ring size is very small (size 4) and I''m pretty sure I want white gold. I found this ring on the Robbins Bros website, but I''m not sure how I feel about that company.

http://www.robbinsbros.com/productsearch/productDetail.asp?prod_id=27398&pType=ring&intIsJewelry=0&set_shape=1012

Would it be possible to purchase a loose stone and have a jeweler make something similar? Where in the diamond district in LA are the best places to go and what should I be looking for. I would like at least one carat for the center stone. So, what color, cut and clarity are within my budget. I definitely want something eyeclean and I feel that the cut is very imporatant as well.

Thanks in advance for your help (I love this site).

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, take the picture and ask around.

I bought my e-ring at Oscar''s Design Jewelry in the Jewelry District. He can make that ring. They do good work. My fiance was looking at her ring under a loupe last night (ok, she does this every night) and noticed that when he set the stone, it was set so that the prongs were exactly in the middle of the arrows so that the prongs didn''t cover the tips of any of the arrows. Great attention to detail on our ring. Polishing took far longer (about 1/2 hour) and was much more thorough than this other store where we bought some cheap setting at for her mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results