shape
carat
color
clarity

Just purchased 2 tourmalines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
I just purchased two lovely little sparklies. Wish I could say I was Christmas shopping but they are for me!
27.gif
27.gif

First up is a 5.7mm square green tourmaline. I''m thinking of a ring for this one.

The second is a 4.5mm square pink rubellinte tourmaline. This one has inclusions but a gorgeous color so I''m thinking better for a pendant? What do you think?

Both stones are from Bob Kast. Will post more pics when I receive them. Thanks for looking and any setting suggestions!
35.gif

5.7mmgreentourm.jpg

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
The pink rubellite. Couldn''t resist the color!!

4.5mmrubtourm.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you found Bob, he is such a nice guy and a skilled lapidary. The rubellite is really pretty!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That rubellite is really something; it reminds me of a fine Mahenge. Whatever design you chose, I'll go with V prongs on both to protect the pointy tips.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d be tempted to make a pendant with both of them (the Rubellite at the top and the Tourmaline at the bottom) just because of the cut. Very pretty.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the tourmaline would look great in a pendant, kite set with a lavender briolette or pear hanging from it.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely colours and the cuts are interesting.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
very pretty! I love the pink one!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not a fan of pink...but i really like that rubelite!

mz

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good grief: he''s a stone''s throw from where i grew up!

mz

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those colors look lovely!

Bob is sweet, though his email responses can be kind of flighty, lol. Still, no doubting his skills!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah both stones have really lovely color to them! Congrats!!
9.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the green! does it appear a little dark IRL?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I must check out his website.

Love your new purchases shoechick, especially the Rubellite.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 9:47:52 PM
Author: chictomato
I like the green! does it appear a little dark IRL?
My concern too, because of which I''d suggest the green one for a prong set pendant, to allow as much light in as possible. And if you''d like at least one of them in a ring, I''d suggest to use the pink one and go with a bezel setting to a) possibly deepen the color (but that''s just my preference, you might not like it) and b) protect the stone. Bezel could also make the stone seem larger, especially if you opt for a rose gold bezel on a white or yellow gold shank.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love the pink toumaline. Bob is a very good cutter and I have a few gemstones from him. I do have a green toumaline and it''s a bit dark IRL, but the cut is fantastic.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.
36.gif
I purchased a chrome green tourmaline from him in the same shape. Its a really well cut stone though a little dark. A pendant would work really well with both stones if thats what you choose to do.

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous but my favorite is the green one.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments. I will definitely post IRL pics when I receive them. And great suggestions! I was originally thinking of setting the green tourmaline in a ring but now I am thinking pendant. And I do really want to set the pink as a pendant as well. Will have to see what inspiration takes over me when they arrive!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! That rubellite has amazing color too!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering that pink rubellite myself!
30.gif
Very pretty stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results