shape
carat
color
clarity

Just proposed. I think I screwed up with my ring choice...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Just proposed. I think I screwed up with my ring choice

Oh.
Sorry. :oops:

Some things 'don't compute'.

screen_shot_2014-11-13_at_0.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Pyramid|1415922816|3782965 said:
This is horrible all this ganging up on one poster, this is bullying.

I don't think he is a troll, I think he was unsure of what he felt but the picture in the bathroom let him see that it was for the better they are apart. Sometimes it takes something like that to make you feel good, not bad, so the reason he wrote about the big sigh of relief etc.

It is no wonder the pricescope post numbers are down, the posters are different now from in the past, yes there was sometimes a ganging up on a poster, but it was usually like the icy white diamonds post and just a very cheeky poster who could give as much as they got. Nowadays it is a poster like this telling their story with no malice to other posters here. I feel like the posters here are very sarcastic now. I think this forum is about done.
Even if the poster is a troll, they say the reaction they get, any reaction is what they want. So why don't people just do this -

If you having nothing nice to post don't post it (unless it is a civilised type discussion)
If you believe it is a troll, then done post either.

Maybe it is the posters here who are gang trolls and do this to get reactions and make fun of people.

I think I am done with this board and will just lurk from time to time now. It is a pity Pricescope has gone down so far.

It was a great educational tool, but as diamond cut has improved generally, even in mall stores, maybe there is no need for it now and it is just an advertising board or fun board for people to act like 16 year olds again on. Think how you may be making this man feel at
a very bad time in his life. Not saying he is perfect either. However they are not for each other or ready for marriage, especially her.

+1 Pyramid. I have been here over 10 years. In the past at least it was constructive criticism. But now it is just plain meanness. There was always give and take as long as the OP kept responding. Now the piling on continues way past the point that the OP has stopped posting. I mostly look at the old threads. Very little that is new on here is worth reading.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny said:
Oh.
Sorry. :oops:

Some things 'don't compute'.

That's okay, kenny... [emoji12]

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I called troll on page 2... Do I win?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HappyNewLife|1415926068|3783010 said:
I think I called troll on page 2... Do I win?

Not if you're wrong.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If so, then...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1415926219.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop..loved the statement about teen romance without the vampires! :lol:

I usually answer these with the assumption the person is real, just in case.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he posted the last post with all her supposed indiscretions! I think after his reaction at the revealing the unsolicited kiss, there is NO WAY she told him she was sending pictures of herself in just a bra to a guy at the gym! :lol: Give me a break. He may be a good writer but he needs a little help with the plot.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aaaannnddd, if you are right, you are so so clever.

I work with a few people who are sarcastic, always making fun of others, maybe lots of people are like that, but I know when the joke is on one of them, they don't say anything but you can tell they are not liking it.

Nobody is right or wrong, just our own opinions and sometimes we forget to write 'in my opinion' that is all.

The bit that really gets me though, is how some of them make these sarcastic remarks, like private jokes thinking others don't know what they are saying, but they are really see through, some know they are making a fool of them and don't react because the joke is on themselves as they are not really switched on enough to know that people can see through them and look at things from different angles that they are not aware off. Especially if overtime, you know the little jibes and looks that have passed between them that you can see from the side of your eye. So their next comment is not an inside joke but something you can be aware off. Best to say nothing sometimes and watch them revel in their cleverness knowing you know what they think you don't.
Its like someone said onetime, the loud people in the room, don't know that quiet people know they cannot live with their own silence due to insecurities and that is why they are loud and speak and make comments about people all the time. May not be true but sometimes it is. Not always right, sometimes wrong, but often both. Hate sarcasm.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1415926289|3783016 said:

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he posted the last post with all her supposed indiscretions! I think after his reaction at the revealing the unsolicited kiss, there is NO WAY she told him she was sending pictures of herself in just a bra to a guy at the gym! :lol: Give me a break. He may be a good writer but he needs a little help with the plot.

Agreed.

Watch out, DS... you may be borderline "bullying" him. :rolleyes: ::)

...of course, that's just my opinion. ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04|1415926542|3783023 said:
diamondseeker2006|1415926289|3783016 said:

Agreed.

Watch out, DS... you may be borderline "bullying" him. :rolleyes: ::)

...of course, that's just my opinion. ;))

That is so so funny, has made my night really. So dull really.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Some people like winding people up and that must be a personality disorder, who cares most people have something.
Diamond addiction is one found on this forum for sure.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

now this is more like the old days.......

cbird

Rough_Rock

Kane Kung Fu?

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

Why would she not have deleted the pics??? Twenty photos? Sounds like either fiction or she wanted to get caught.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pyramid said:
That is so so funny, has made my night really. So dull really.

Sorry you didn't like my little ribbon… But according to your own post, I think that would have been the point where you would have chosen to write nothing at all... since it was meant to insult me and definitely wasn't constructive. So by your own standard, you just bullied me. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

If you believe pricescope has gone down/isn't what it used to be, and you feel you are clearly above it all, why do you continue to post? Seriously, unless it's just to play net nanny and remind us that we're not as good as the "old posters" were, and you disapprove.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe in their talk which took place days after, he had mellowed a bit after reading from posters on here how he was wrong and she was right, then she wanted to unburden all her guilt and come clean, when she saw he was not getting at her about the kiss now, he said she wanted them to stay together, she had made lists of weddnig guests, children' names, she was immature. She was obviously interested in other people since making those photos, but meant to say he was not giving her the attention she needed. Still making photos in his bathroom, doing her hair makeup, not innocent, maybe just young and interested in lots of boyfriends. I do agree with him that I would be relieved to find out after finishing things that I had real reason to and not just that I had jumped to fast at her for a kiss that was maybe not through her cheating.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop I didn't bully you. I wrote to more than one person, then I retorted to your bullying of me. Oh and old posters were not like this all of them.

I AM NOT SAYING I DISAPPROVE, it is nothing to do with me really it is not my forum which I own and cherish, I am just stating fact, people are not decent to others anymore. It is all about a fun for those on the inside, why does everything have to be funny, can people not be serious and even if their post is not what YOU believe is genuine, you don't actually 100% know, so why be horrible to them.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never said I was above it all, that is how you all think, when you gang up on people are sarcastic and are sure they are a troll.

I can read the forum if I want the same way you can.

As I don't post that often, see you have been reading my old posts, see that is what this forum is about now, just making trouble.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Karl_K|1415927670|3783042 said:
now this is more like the old days.......

I was just thinking that.

I think some people have rosy colored glasses on about the 'good old days'.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pyramid said:
msop I didn't bully you. I wrote to more than one person, then I retorted to your bullying of me. Oh and old posters were not like this all of them.

Oops, you're right. You "bullied" others too. [emoji38]

In all seriousness, I'm well aware that you didn't bully me, the same as no one here is bullying the OP.

Telling someone your opinion, as opposed to what they want to hear may be harsh , but it isn't bullying... and saying you don't believe their story isn't either.

Regarding the pictures people post, they are meant to be funny. I think most would agree. Clearly, you don't think so... It's called a healthy sense of humor. Get one. They're nice. [emoji4]

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04|1415930168|3783068 said:
pyramid said:

In all seriousness, I'm well aware that you didn't bully me, the same as no one here is bullying the OP.

Telling someone your opinion, as opposed to what they want to hear may be harsh , but it isn't bullying... and saying you don't believe their story isn't either.

Regarding the pictures people post, they are meant to be funny. I think most would agree. Clearly, you don't think so... It's called a healthy sense of humor. Get one. They're nice. [emoji4]

Yes!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover|1415930226|3783069 said:
pyramid said:

Yes!

Well I agree, maybe I am getting too much into this and it has two sides to look at, I will try to improve my sense of humour. I do think though it is not great for the original poster if he is genuine and like me, needs to work on a sense of humour too.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Someone once posted about their personal situation in Hangout, starting the post with something like "I'm a longtime poster but I'm posting under a new name..." They then proceeded to describe a relationship issue that sounded so preposterous, so out there, that I thought it had to be a work of fiction. I was sure it was, in fact - maybe someone was bored, or in need of attention, or in need of a class project? Anyhow, I wasn't alone in calling "troll". I don't recall whether I reported it and got a personal response from Ella, or whether she responded on the thread (I think it was the latter) but Ella assured us that the poster was in fact a long-time poster, using a new name. And the thread went on for awhile and we got updates and I came to believe that the poster was indeed describing a real situation. So, these days I'm not so quick to call "troll."

In any event, I've known some pretty confused young women - heck, I was one myself - and the scenarios the OP describes don't seem all that preposterous to me. The pressure to marry by some magical age (which has nothing to do with emotional maturity) can be very strong, whether it's self-imposed or cultural, and it's not hard for me to imagine a young woman who tries desperately to hold on to the soon-to-be-sure thing while a part of her remains open to other options. The cell phone photos are a bit harder for me to imagine, but I think that's almost kind of a currency among kids who grew up with cell phones.

And if I offer the OP my thoughts and it turns out that this is a work of fiction? *SHRUG* Doesn't bother me.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jeez Louise.. you are quite judgmental. I believed the poster was a troll, a person looking for sympathy, rise and just to be annoying and I said so, and I still think so, most people don't 'spill their guts' the way this poster did without having some sort of connection as in this case, posting information on a diamond(s)..

my mom always said: "it's the pot calling the kettle black"...

I didn't come here years ago, I came here because I was looking for a special diamond.. found it at GOG and enjoy reading about peoples settings, their love of diamonds, I usually read 1 to 2x a day.. I think most posters are very nice. I have so enjoyed Mr. DancingFire's stone quest.. I LOVE Kenny's pix of his stone(s).. I enjoy all the posters.. I was never the type of person to join a sorority in college and am sort of glad I missed the good old days here on Pricescope.. seems people got mad, tempers flared and I see this only occasionally here.

Pyramid|1415927224|3783036 said:
Yes you could be 'borderline' personality disorder, see people know what your private jokes are. Not so secret.

I don't think the poster is a troll and I don't think most posters here nowadays are decent people, not nice, just decent.
If you find that funny, have a good time then.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed. We gave responses based on the information we had.

People keep saying there are two sides to every story: well, we had OP's, and we were trying to fill in the other side. You'll note, we were trying to fill in the other side with versions that COULD SAVE HIS RELATIONSHIP. If the story is true, it turns out those were wrong and OP's girlfriend was only half in it and liked to string a lot of guys along. And that's definitely wrong and he is right to end it. But SORRY for not AUTOMATICALLY THINKING THE WORST about someone. :roll:

1stTimeRockHunter

Rough_Rock

distracts|1415831076|3782245 said:
So... she was out being social (yep, friendly flirting is a part of being social for many people), some dude kissed her, she pushed him away (yep, being kissed feels nice, sometimes it takes a moment for your brain to kick in), felt horribly guilty about it anyway, told you all about it, and you are breaking up with her?

?????????????

Honestly I think you probably weren't ready for marriage then. So, I guess, good to know that now.

I don't think its fair for you (/us) to say because of his decision to call the relationship off, that he is not ready for marriage. Honestly that makes NO sense. You were very quick to go to the defense of the lady. This situation is definitely not a black and white scenario and can only imagine what OP is going through.

I can also imagine everyones ""friendly flirting is different, but most people's "friendly flirting" doesn't lead to them being kissed unexpectedly.

EDIT: WWOOWW didn't realize this was a 6 page topic, I have some reading to do :read: :wall:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1415930762|3783075 said:
Someone once posted about their personal situation in Hangout, starting the post with something like "I'm a longtime poster but I'm posting under a new name..." They then proceeded to describe a relationship issue that sounded so preposterous, so out there, that I thought it had to be a work of fiction. I was sure it was, in fact - maybe someone was bored, or in need of attention, or in need of a class project? Anyhow, I wasn't alone in calling "troll". I don't recall whether I reported it and got a personal response from Ella, or whether she responded on the thread (I think it was the latter) but Ella assured us that the poster was in fact a long-time poster, using a new name. And the thread went on for awhile and we got updates and I came to believe that the poster was indeed describing a real situation. So, these days I'm not so quick to call "troll."

In any event, I've known some pretty confused young women - heck, I was one myself - and the scenarios the OP describes don't seem all that preposterous to me. The pressure to marry by some magical age (which has nothing to do with emotional maturity) can be very strong, whether it's self-imposed or cultural, and it's not hard for me to imagine a young woman who tries desperately to hold on to the soon-to-be-sure thing while a part of her remains open to other options. The cell phone photos are a bit harder for me to imagine, but I think that's almost kind of a currency among kids who grew up with cell phones.

And if I offer the OP my thoughts and it turns out that this is a work of fiction? *SHRUG* Doesn't bother me.

I agree with this. And I remember this as well.

Even when I have my doubts (as I did with this poster) I will still respond on the off chance it is real. But also acknowledge it may not be. Either way, if it's real, I've given my opinion and if it isn't? Not a big deal.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock

I'll reserve judgment on what I think of OP's situation, but on whether I think his story is real or not- it doesn't really matter, because in the off chance it is, you've all just run a person out of this forum. i felt like that a few months ago when I was being ridiculed to the point where someone started a thread mocking me. I think some posters were skeptical of my story too (which was about my eRing and what someone said about it). It was such an unexpected response and so totally took me by surprise- people find comfort in being able to unburden themselves in a tell-all , with the protection of anonymity, I did too, and I was shocked that people doubted my story. And felt personally hurt that I was being mocked, despite the fact that my anonymity protected me. it was a fleeting moment however, I posted again and still visit the forum. I like diamonds, and reading this forum is a fun break in my day, but I am kind of reluctant to post. I recently posted about my wedding band since my wedding is coming up and I'm excited about it, but I don't think that I'd post about any of my other diamonds or jewelry and I do feel like people get bullied in this forum. I'm no expert and probably don't have much value to contribute here, and won't be missed if I don't post again, but people do seek advice from this forum. many posters foray into PS is about diamonds, and if one of the purposes of this forum is to educate, you may want to uphold a space that is safe for everyone to participate in. Not saying that it has to be welcome hugs, pats on the back and smiley emojis galore, it should just be a space free of bullying. not too much to ask I dont think. I learned so much from PS and feel very grateful for its existence, I stuck around despite being in a thread that was turning sour. I would want others to benefit from it and from your vast treasure trove of knowledge and expertise as I did

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yasssss|1415966874|3783315 said:
I'll reserve judgment on what I think of OP's situation, but on whether I think his story is real or not- it doesn't really matter, because in the off chance it is, you've all just run a person out of this forum. i felt like that a few months ago when I was being ridiculed to the point where someone started a thread mocking me. I think some posters were skeptical of my story too (which was about my eRing and what someone said about it). It was such an unexpected response and so totally took me by surprise- people find comfort in being able to unburden themselves in a tell-all , with the protection of anonymity, I did too, and I was shocked that people doubted my story. And felt personally hurt that I was being mocked, despite the fact that my anonymity protected me. it was a fleeting moment however, I posted again and still visit the forum. I like diamonds, and reading this forum is a fun break in my day, but I am kind of reluctant to post. I recently posted about my wedding band since my wedding is coming up and I'm excited about it, but I don't think that I'd post about any of my other diamonds or jewelry and I do feel like people get bullied in this forum. I'm no expert and probably don't have much value to contribute here, and won't be missed if I don't post again, but people do seek advice from this forum. many posters foray into PS is about diamonds, and if one of the purposes of this forum is to educate, you may want to uphold a space that is safe for everyone to participate in. Not saying that it has to be welcome hugs, pats on the back and smiley emojis galore, it should just be a space free of bullying. not too much to ask I dont think. I learned so much from PS and feel very grateful for its existence, I stuck around despite being in a thread that was turning sour. I would want others to benefit from it and from your vast treasure trove of knowledge and expertise as I did

I remember your situation and it was completely uncalled for. i myself had had situations where people from this forum post nasty things about me. I guess I'm some of that "new blood" some veterans don't appreciate

Its not fun. And its unnecessary.

However, I take exception to people coming here as trolls, as I suspect others do too. The concept of trolling is to get this forum riled up and to mock us-either on another forum or other platform.

And they get worse. The troll mentioned previously in this thread got to the point where he was trying to get peoples emails and meet up with them. I don't know what for, but that's dangerous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results