shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered my Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
So, I just ordered a garnet that I have been contemplating on for a few weeks now! I ordered it today with the intention that I will set it with bullet sidestones in rose gold someday...like when my dumb car is paid off...haha!!!

Here is the link.........
Garnet Link Here

Will post pics when I receive it in the mail
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I''m a huge garnet fan!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color. The setting will be beautiful too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! love the shape

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Love the emerald cut; can''t wait to see pictures when you get it!

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Thank you all :)

Actually, the stock picture on the link is quite dark. I had requested info from Rick, and he emailed me multiple pictures. I was worried the stone was too purple, but his pics confirmed there is a lot of deep red. The stone is translucent and I think the emerald cut really accentuates the clear red color. Woohoo!!!
9.gif

I must say, Rick at Art Cut Gems is a pleasure to work with!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you are going to get a lot of nice purple flash.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely... I have one of those from Rick and absolutely love it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome choice. I love Rick''s Royal Rhodolites. I put together a small suite several months ago. Link I''d like to add a bracelet when finances allow.

Yours should be beautiful. The color of those garnets is quite striking and lovely.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a nice sized stone! And it''s calibrated! Good job, I can''t wait to see your photos and find out about what the color is like from you. I am a big fan of Garnets since PS informed me that they''re not all DARK DARK red blobs.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:01:33 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
That''s a nice sized stone! And it''s calibrated! Good job, I can''t wait to see your photos and find out about what the color is like from you. I am a big fan of Garnets since PS informed me that they''re not all DARK DARK red blobs.
REALLY DUMB QUESTION - What does it mean for a stone to be calibrated??? I have the slightest idea.

You know, I went to a local jewelry store and all their garnets were so dark and red, they almost looked black! And they had that checkerboard cut, which NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE, I personally can''t stand. I figured, I''ll just have the stone I bought set at a later time instead of spending too much money for a mediocre piece of jewelry. The stone''s ''carat weight'' is 2.95 - I asked because I definitely wanted something substantial and didn''t quite understand the dimensions. I figured, it was kind of a good price for a nice size stone (definitely a much better buy than the jewelry store''s asking price for a 3ct dark red blob that you can''t see through at all - opaque!).

Thanks again for your comments everyone
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It is my understanding that a calibrated stone is in a stock size, like 5 x 7 mm or 8 x 6 mm. This means you can purchase a stock setting, rather than having to go custom. Saves $$$.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 11:02:55 PM
Author: Fly Girl
It is my understanding that a calibrated stone is in a stock size, like 5 x 7 mm or 8 x 6 mm. This means you can purchase a stock setting, rather than having to go custom.

ETA-Here is an example from Stuller. Link

Oooohhhh yeah that makes sense! Duh! Thanks for the input!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Trying to fix my link Link Here is a sample picture.

Stuller7273_P_.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post pictures when you get it
12.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a real beauty. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results