shape
carat
color
clarity

Just had my first legit celeb sighting since living in LA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I am really bad at this seeing celebrities thing. I''ve lived in LA for two years now but...either I don''t see them at all, or I don''t recognize them, or they''re not really celebrities...

But, I just saw David Beckham in the mall next to my office building. My verdict:

-Not quite as cute as you''d expect
-Kind of short
-And yucky tattoos

But he seemed to be very nice to the fans...he took photos with a bunch of people/kids. I guess if he didn''t want to be recognized he would have worn sunglasses...

RZ

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
People go gaga over him, not into the tats at all, but hey, to each his own. NIce to know he was nice to the fans, though.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo...funny thing is he is a import Celebrity...huh? But I think he is more like royalty. So I think you get double credit for that ranking of sighting. Good Job! What was he doing there? The mall? Like.... Like...Oh My Gosh!! Totally dude!

Too cool. Hey this is a fun subject for a new thread...Celebrity sightings!!

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s pretty cool rockzilla. When I was visiting LA about 15 years ago my best friend and I saw Mary J Blige in Betsy Johnson and Nell carter at some frozen yogurt place. it was pretty cool. I live in nashville and never see celebs. I keep hoping to run into Nicole Kidman at WildOats
3.gif
. I did see Ashley Judd with her hubby and mom at a restaurant once but that''s it. that, or I just don''t recognize them when I''m out and about.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
Funny you should say that, mrs. S!! I DID run into Nicole Kidman at Applebees in Brentwood. She was at the bar--no sign of Keith...she''s VERY VERY skinny in person. Kind of skeleton-ish.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:26:29 PM
Author: parkerj
Funny you should say that, mrs. S!! I DID run into Nicole Kidman at Applebees in Brentwood. She was at the bar--no sign of Keith...she's VERY VERY skinny in person. Kind of skeleton-ish.

applebees??? Nicole Kidman eats/drinks at applebees? that is just too funny. I'm not surprised that she would be so skinny, she looks it on the screen and in pics so I can only imagine how much thinner she is in person. my hubby actually sees keith all the time at various places in town of course, I'm never with him when it happens..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is pretty cool! I guessed he was short because he is almost the same height as his wife! How funny; that''s great that he is nice to people!

Wow, about Nicole Kidman. She seems nice.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
It was weird that she would be in Applebees in Brentwood, TN. I wanted to feed her. ha.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:47:08 PM
It was weird that she would be in Applebees in Brentwood, TN. I wanted to feed her. ha.
Did she eat or was she just having a drink?

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
I met Carmine from Laverne and Shirley one time. Does that count?? ha- I crack my self up.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in high school I got to meet Jeff Daniels. He was a pretty laid back sort of guy. Other than him I don''t think I''ve ever met/seen anybody famous.

Jess

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
She was just sitting at the bar like she just got off work from the local grocery store or something. weird.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:47:08 PM

yeah, I guess even celebrities have to eat..still seems funny to me though. Did anyone go up to her or did most folks leave her alone?

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
Oh I just thought of one--James Iha of the Smashing Pumpkins is a family friend. Although the band broke up a while ago, I think he still counts.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
Everybody just left her alone- I think everybody respected her space and the need to have a drink at Applebees in peace.
2.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve met/seen Farrah Fawcett, Julia Roberts, Thelonius Monk, Amy Grant, Arthur Ashe, Smashing Pumpkins, Sam Donaldson, George Stephanopolos, and Donald Trump. Also some DC locals, Mayor Barry and Marion Wright Edelman.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 10:26:48 PM
Author: BizouMom
I''ve met/seen Farrah Fawcett, Julia Roberts, Thelonius Monk, Amy Grant, Arthur Ashe, Smashing Pumpkins, Sam Donaldson, George Stephanopolos, and Donald Trump. Also some DC locals, Mayor Barry and Marion Wright Edelman.
Wow, how did you meet so many people? I met 3 but the nice one was Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie).

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I see Robbie Coltrane often, the actor who plays Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies. Also, Billy Boyd who played Pippin in Lord of the Rings. They both live quite close to me, not exactly A-class but famous enough I guess.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
When you said Brentwood, I was assuming the LA neighborhood of Brentwood...but I didn't remember ever seeing an Applebees there! TN makes more sense...

Beckham was actually at one of the weirder carts in the mall...one of those kiosks that sells "Evil Eye" paraphenalia. Let's see if I can post an example.

Very odd.

PS the cart itself looks a lot weirder...imaging it completely COVERED with these eyes of all shapes and sizes...

evil eye.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 10:54:26 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/23/2007 10:26:48 PM
Author: BizouMom
Wow, how did you meet so many people? I met 3 but the nice one was Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie).
Hi Miss Skippy. I''ve met most of these people through various charitable/political/work functions. I''ve also met a few at Dulles Airport in the United lounge.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I thought Beckham was kinda cute but then I heard him speak...
20.gif
his voice is the same tone of a 12 year old boys voice!
23.gif
And since pre-teen and teenage boys aren''t my thang...
25.gif

My hairstylist went to.. Prague I think (?) for a hairshow and training this summer. She and her sister were at the hotel gym and who hops on the treadmill next to her? Justin Timberlake! She said she damn near fell off her treadmill- and that he''s really hot in person!

And my neighbor just got back from a 7 day trip to Italy with her friend and they ran into Howie Mandel from Deal or No Deal! She said they said hello to him and he, his wfe and kids spent almost an hour talking to her and her friend! She said he was very cool, sweet, funny but refused to shake their hands, lol.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My best friends from college are pursuing acting so every once in a while they get small bit roles like Nurse Itsu in Cuckoos Nest. So I've met Bebe Neuwirth (Lileth), Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan), Brian Dennehy, and John Cusak. David Schwimmer's lawyer worked in the same building that I was concierge in for four years. He is so much hotter in person cause he doesn't make that 'huh' puppyface in real life :) My coworkers were pointing out athletes coming into the building all the time but I didn't know them - not much of a sports fan.

Haha - I'll never see another celebrity in this small town of 4400
20.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 8:44:29 PM
Author:rockzilla
So, I am really bad at this seeing celebrities thing. I've lived in LA for two years now but...either I don't see them at all, or I don't recognize them, or they're not really celebrities...

But, I just saw David Beckham in the mall next to my office building. My verdict:

-Not quite as cute as you'd expect
-Kind of short
-And yucky tattoos

But he seemed to be very nice to the fans...he took photos with a bunch of people/kids. I guess if he didn't want to be recognized he would have worn sunglasses...

RZ
Hey Rockz...nice work!! I'm really bad at noticing celebrities too. Which mall did you see him? I live in LA too and was wondering if it was near the Home Depot Center, or in Beverly Hills, near his home.

ETA: I had to add my celebrity sightings
41.gif
I saw Nicole Richie and Tyra Banks at Kitsons on Robertson last summer. Nicole was sooooo thin, but very sweet.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 9:31:57 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/23/2007 9:26:29 PM
Funny you should say that, mrs. S!! I DID run into Nicole Kidman at Applebees in Brentwood. She was at the bar--no sign of Keith...she''s VERY VERY skinny in person. Kind of skeleton-ish.

applebees??? Nicole Kidman eats/drinks at applebees? that is just too funny. I''m not surprised that she would be so skinny, she looks it on the screen and in pics so I can only imagine how much thinner she is in person. my hubby actually sees keith all the time at various places in town of course, I''m never with him when it happens..
I saw here at a Lakers game a few years ago...she is VERY VERY skinny! Did you actually see her eating when she was at Applebees?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Living in New York City I''ve seen Mike Meyers, Claire Danes, Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz (when they first started dating), Kerri Russel, Ashlee Olsen, Joan Rivers - these were all in restaurants or on the street.

Paul Teutul, Sr.from American Chopper rode his motocycle past my buidling, Martha Stewart whose office is in my building for work, Dan Lauria - the dad from the Wonder Years (random), Sarah Jessica Parker w/ her son and nanny, Freddi Prince Jr. shooting a movie and Diane Swayer/Charlie Gibson/Robin Roberts from GMA, etc (I work right near where their summer concerts are performed so, I get to see all the stars who perform at the concerts too since my window faces the stage).

When I think about it, I probably pass someone famous everyday just walking to and from work!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 1:17:50 PM
Author: february2003bride
I thought Beckham was kinda cute but then I heard him speak...
20.gif
his voice is the same tone of a 12 year old boys voice!
Too funny! Some people are attracted to nice eyes, legs, whatever, but for me, a great voice totally does me in.

I once saw Sean Penn and his wife, Robin Wright, at the mall near my house. I did a double-take, thinking, "whoa, is that Sean Penn!?!" He looked quite shy, shrugged, smiled and waved. I always thought both of them were nice looking, but in person, much more impressive. Robin Wright is super teeny tiny! Saw Chris Issac at Grand Cafe in San Francisco, and this will only matter to Bay Area locals, but my cousin''s best friend is an ex news anchor - Terilyn Joe (that woman is a pistol!!!).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I sat right behind ''Jack'' at a Laker''s game...He''s a little greasy looking, if you can imagine LOL. Dianne Cannon was there, too. When I was 17 walked right by ''The Governator'' Arnold at the LA auto show. I can''t think of who else right now, but, I''ve seen quite a few living in So Cal my entire life.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I saw quite a few of them living in LA for 8 years. These are the ones I can remember. It has been 10 years since I was there.

Lindsay Wagner
Bruce Dern
Goldie Hawn
Linda Hamilton
Kate Mulgrew
Ed Asner
The dad on Seventh Heaven (can''t remember his name). Michael something maybe?
The guy who played Miles Silverberg on Murphy Brown.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve actually met a few celebs here in Portland, OR. (movies get filmed here from time to time...) The funniest one went like this.

Him: "Excuse me (pulling car up to curb & rolling down window) can you please tell me how to get to Sam Jackson Rd?"

Me: "Follow this road to the light, take a right & go up the hill towards that hospital you can see".

Him: "Thank you!"

Me: "Gosh, you look so familiar, where do I know you from?"

Him: "I''m an actor....." (looking at me now like I''m a total idiot)

Me: "ummmm...well, this is Portland, sorry if I can''t place your face".

Him: "I''M MARTIN SHEEN!"

Me: "oooh....Ok".

Him: "Can I give you a ride anywhere?"

Me: "ummmm, no, I''m only a block from home, but thanks..."

I was 22 at the time maybe...it was a riot.

I also met Willem Dafoe...they were filming that Madonna movie here (can''t remember name) and used my friends martial arts studio for some of the scenes. I used to live downtown & boyfriend & I were walking home at 2:30am, totally trashed....when my friend pulled us into his studio "c''mere!! check out the filming!" My boyfriend goes to use the bathroom & who do I find standing next to me? Willem! He introduces himself & I start yammering something stupid about his character in the last movie I saw him in. (god, can''t remember that one either...Lara Dern was in it) I told him he succeeding in completely grossing me out and turning me on at the same time.
20.gif
OMG...well that''s being 22 or 23, drunk off Spanish coffees & letting the mouth run without the brain supervising. How embarrassing.

Then in 2001, I was in the Hunted with Benicio Del Toro & Tommy Lee Jones (just an extra...but I did get used in 4 scenes...it was funny to see my face so big on a movie screen...very cool) and I had to wait for makeup with Benicio. He was uber molten hot! omigosh...and tall. And nice. Stood next to me & said "good morning, how are you?". I think all I managed was "fine thank you".

The AD''s did go around and invite all the girls they liked to a party....of course I took my dh (who was a FI a the time) and we saw a ton of actors. So it was fun. Actually, my DH didn''t like it so well, because I got hit on right in front of him. Oh well....but the dark haired actor from Con-Air was there, he used to do a lot of stuff.

There''s been a few more, but I just crack up at how many we get here.

My husband almost ran over MC Hammer with his rental car in Oakland a few years back....had to step on his brakes --- almost hurt the guy! Fortunately he didn''t.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I have had a few celeb sightings in my life, but the latest one was Joey Fatone formerly of N''Sync and now on that karaoke show which I think airs on NBC(?). Some friends and I were in Miami last summer and he was having lunch with a group of folks at Cafeteria. Our group was in the back because there were a lot of us and we were seated next to his party. Sounded like he was taking a meeting...quite possibly for the show he is on now. He seemed nice and signed autographs for two little girls who ran giggling up to his table.

The best sighting was the rapper Jay-Z who was standing directly in front of me at a party some years ago. Everyone (including other famous folks) was coming up to him and chit-chatting. He is a really nice guy despite the stage persona that he''s created.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results