shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got my new ring but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyubi

Rough_Rock
...should I get it re-appraised? It came with an independant appraisal that was sent by WF but since I now have it in my possession should we take it to a local jeweler and get it re-appraised? Also, how can I trust them? I know the inclusions in a diamond are like a fingerprint but our local jeweler stated he will need it for three days? Is it normal to have it for this long? (btw...this is the same guy that wanted $5000+ for a custom 24k gold bangle)
29.gif

I did a search on ''appraisal'' and got lots of hits and I''m still reading through those but I decided to start this one too...

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
All the Vendors have tons of security to protect both themselves and the consumers. White Flash brings in a Gemologist to verify that what they say is going in the box to be shipped to you really goes in the box and is shipped to you. That person is not a White Flash employee, but is paid by White Flash. As an extra service, the gemologist performs an average retail replacement appraisal of the diamond or jewelry item. In some areas that price is a fair replacement cost, in some areas it''s high, and in other areas it''s lower than what local appraisers would allow. My insurer would not accept the WF Verification Letter for insurance purposes. Their underwriters required a local appraisal be done before they would write the coverage rider.

If you will highlight the Resources link at the top of the page and then click on Appraisers, you''ll get a list of PScope approved appraisers. You may have on right in your area.
1.gif

aussiegirl

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 11:21:15 PM
Author:kyubi
...should I get it re-appraised? It came with an independant appraisal that was sent by WF but since I now have it in my possession should we take it to a local jeweler and get it re-appraised? Also, how can I trust them? I know the inclusions in a diamond are like a fingerprint but our local jeweler stated he will need it for three days? Is it normal to have it for this long? (btw...this is the same guy that wanted $5000+ for a custom 24k gold bangle)
29.gif

I did a search on ''appraisal'' and got lots of hits and I''m still reading through those but I decided to start this one too...

I have just ordered my ring from WF and will have it valued when it arrives here in Australia. I was quoted AUD$40-55 and it takes about half an hour. This is able to be used for insurance purchases. 3 days seems like a VERY long time to me!?

aussiegirl

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there were some other recent threads asking the same thing last week, maybe they can help!

i pretty much almost always figure on getting that second opinion...just to make sure, regardless of who you deal with....you can do a huge workup or spend less to just get a confirmation.

good luck!

kyubi

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 11:32:41 PM
Author: pqcollectibles

If you will highlight the Resources link at the top of the page and then click on Appraisers, you''ll get a list of PScope approved appraisers. You may have on right in your area.
1.gif

Thanks so much!! There is one right in my neighborhood!! Lucky me!!!
36.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Once again the forum slips into a phone box... changes into its rather snazy new blue suit... and in its hurry puts its undies on last... and emergies to resue another consumer with great advice.
36.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Kyubi,

How do you like your new ring and the color of the stone in person now that you''ve seen it!?!?

kyubi

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 4:38:32 PM
Author: katrina_33
Kyubi,

How do you like your new ring and the color of the stone in person now that you''ve seen it!?!?
I love it!!! At first I thought the ring was a little warm in the pictures but when I saw it in person,everything melted away. I''m happy that I went with that ring and also saved quite a bit of money. Compared to my friends F color SI Galia, it wasn''t that much warmer in color at all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results