Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....from a vendor. Whaaa

uploadfromtaptalk1368285781462.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now THAT's customer service! I need to shop where you shop!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
num num num Godiva no less, Good for you!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thoughtful. Pretty flowery box!! I love Godiva Caramels. mmm mmm good... Enjoy!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very sweet. I sometimes get imported European chocolate from Whiteflash on V-Day and they are out of this world! Enjoy it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think it's weird, myself. I don't like it when the insurance company sends a birthday card, either.

I don't like it when companies use a personal celebration (like Mother's day!) to make themselves look good. :|

I did get a flower arrangement after buying a car, but that wasn't connected to a holiday, and it seemed okay. It did make me think I overpaid, though. :???:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil, are you a woman?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow!! from a vendor you work with in your 'real life' or a PS vendor??

so... how were the chocolates?? ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1368472949|3446151 said:
Neil, are you a woman?

She is a woman.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1368481859|3446265 said:
kenny|1368472949|3446151 said:
Neil, are you a woman?

She is a woman.

Yeah they were from Whiteflash. It was weird

Yeah I am a woman. I shortened my name recently sense people kept misspelling it, and I chanced my picture to neil degrasse tyson as both an ode to the new name, and as a way of expressing my feeling toward some things on the board lately. ::)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
What does being a woman have anything to do with receiving chocolates from vendors? :confused:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368537143|3446606 said:
Kenny,
What does being a woman have anything to do with receiving chocolates from vendors? :confused:

Not kenny, but they were Mother's Day chocolates, so it would be kind of weird to send them to a dude. Also, Niel's name is a common male name, albeit misspelled (Neil) and her avatar is of a guy, so if you just saw the post title and username from the main Hangout page and thought she was a he, it would seem strange for a vendor to send a guy Mother's Day chocolates, no?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume Kenny was just asking that because its true my name plus Avatar may imply I am male. Which if i were, it would make this thread more interesting :lol:

And My name used to be Nielseel on here, so shortened it does to Niel it does seem mispelled "Neil", but thats sort of what i was going for ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thanks for the explanation. I suppose I knew Niel is female so never thought otherwise.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1368537143|3446606 said:
Kenny,

Nothing.

The name Neil us usually a man's name but getting a Mother's day gift is usually for women.
That raised the question.
I have a woman in my avatar so Neil's avatar being a man wasn't so much a factor.

Zillions of threads have posts that have nothing to do with the thread's subject.
So, why your question?
Do you feel it is wrong to ask a poster's gender?
Did you hear a blip from your misogyny-radar?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1368547091|3446703 said:
Out of curiosity, how would a vendor know if a female customer is a mom or not?

I had created a nice relationship with Brittany at Whiteflash when I was buying my stone. She know I was super preggers at the time :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1368488969|3446326 said:
... and I chanced my picture to neil degrasse tyson as both an ode to the new name, and as a way of expressing my feeling toward some things on the board lately. ::)

What emotion is he supposed to be conveying to us?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its not to everyone just a few comments directed toward me recently. But I don't want to say anything and cause an issue. So it was just a silent statement. Mostly to make myself feel better without causing drama. Not a big deal. Its most because I wanted a neil degrasse tyson avatar as a nod to my name. Until my ring is finished at least. :lol:

But I don't know how many of these ladies are up on internet memes, so I'm not sure anyone noticed.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked your avatar with the fluorescent pear! That was cool!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1368568118|3446970 said:
I really liked your avatar with the fluorescent pear! That was cool!
Wasnt it?! She isn't mine anymore though so its false advertising

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh.... well... onwards and upwards! another new treat is just around the corner... ;))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1368570385|3447005 said:
oh.... well... onwards and upwards! another new treat is just around the corner... ;))

Don't worry Ill get a pretty awesome once my settings finished :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1368567939|3446967 said:
Its not to everyone just a few comments directed toward me recently. But I don't want to say anything and cause an issue. So it was just a silent statement. Mostly to make myself feel better without causing drama. Not a big deal. Its most because I wanted a neil degrasse tyson avatar as a nod to my name. Until my ring is finished at least. :lol:

But I don't know how many of these ladies are up on internet memes, so I'm not sure anyone noticed.

I like your avatar Niel and the (what I think is the) message too. Though I am not sure what comments inspired your avatar change I think it is a cool (though only temporary) avatar.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Your avatar is just passive aggressive.

I wrote something else but I deleted it. It's not worth it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1368575814|3447053 said:
Your avatar is just passive aggressive.

Huh?
How so?

The image itself very skillfully conveys, "Hey man, it's not MY fault!"
How is that PA?
Granted I do not know the back-story if there is one.

Neil, IS there a backstory to why you chose this image to this avatar?
If so, what is it?

There's a backstory to my sigline.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, some people, YT being one of them, seem to make comments about my presents on this public board being slight unwelcome. at least in part because i was giving advise to other people while simultaneously unhappy with my ring. Im not sure why that was a point of tension, but it was.

I guess I am not informed enough to be helping other people, and YT and others have used other peoples posts to blatantly point out their opinion about that. I do believe her comments on charmy's recent "strangers" post is directed squarely at me.

also i disagreed with some veterans about something and i guess that came of as insulting. unintentional, but nevertheless

So my avatar is an "excuse me"... inside joke to myself instead of saying anything to create another reason for more of the popular group to dislike me.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just try to ignore any of the rude comments. It's the internet, everyone has an opinion.

I always thought this was funny

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1368579051|3447084 said:
yes, some people, YT being one of them, seem to make comments about my presents on this public board being slight unwelcome. at least in part because i was giving advise to other people while simultaneously unhappy with my ring. Im not sure why that was a point of tension, but it was.

I guess I am not informed enough to be helping other people, and YT and others have used other peoples posts to blatantly point out their opinion about that. I do believe her comments on charmy's recent "strangers" post is directed squarely at me.

also i disagreed with some veterans about something and i guess that came of as insulting. unintentional, but nevertheless

So my avatar is an "excuse me"... inside joke to myself instead of saying anything to create another reason for more of the popular group to dislike me.

Niel, I don't post very often (I guess I'm one of those "creepy lurkers," but I have always enjoyed reading your posts and think you're a sweetheart! Don't let the cackling hens steal your joy.

And I love the chocolate. What a fun surprise!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results