shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got engaged and a good experience with The Natural Sapphire Company

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 5:19:49 PM
Author: crasru
Congratulations! The stone looks amazing. I wanted to ask you about the origin of the stone. Maybe I have missed it. Also, is it a native cut? I do not know what you consider ''high price'', and of course I can not ask you how much you paid, but what do you consider a decent price per carat/per origin? Prices vary to the extreme with sapphires.

Hi there, the stone is from Madagascar. To be honest, I don''t know whether the stone was cut locally or on site.

I couldn''t really say what would be a high price and what would be a more reasonable price for a sapphire. In this case I think the stone''s price was justified by the color and the way the color is even across the stone. I didn''t do much research outside of the NSC, but on that particular site, per carat price seems to be tied directly to color and of course carat weight. Per carat price seems to go up VERY quickly once stones get over 1 carat. I would assume that this would be seen elsewhere, but I couldn''t say for sure of course.

One thing that stood out with my experience at NSC is I was looking at two stones of relatively equal value. I asked the rep''s opinion and she steered me to the stone that has a lower per carat price (and lower value) because she thought it had a better color. I thought that was a good, honest sign.

It seems at the NSC that stones of this size go from $1500/carat to $2300/carat. The highest I think I saw was $2600/carat but that was for a stone that had a cut better than the norm.

I''m guessing stones can be found for cheaper, but again, with the NSC I think you''re paying a premium for the service and knowledge. There''s also a guarantee that the stones are unheated in that if it were to turn out the stone was not as defined, they would take care of it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color! Congratulations on your engagement!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Elegant ring and the sapphire colour is beautiful, congratulations on your engagement.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vinkalmann,
Have you considered the total width of the e-ring and wedding band for the lovely lady? The -ering looks to take up quite a lot of finger length. The w-band, while gorgeous is also going to be of substantial width. Add the 2 together on a woman''s finger, I''d be afraid it''s going to be touching the knuckle, thereby making wearing the set together rather uncomfortable. Just something to consider.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:32:08 PM
Author: Chrono
Vinkalmann,

Have you considered the total width of the e-ring and wedding band for the lovely lady? The -ering looks to take up quite a lot of finger length. The w-band, while gorgeous is also going to be of substantial width. Add the 2 together on a woman''s finger, I''d be afraid it''s going to be touching the knuckle, thereby making wearing the set together rather uncomfortable. Just something to consider.

It''s funny, I was just thinking about this fact today. The band is only 3mm I think, 4mm at the most so it'' fairly thin. The pictures on the site tend to make things look huge when in reality they''re really less substantial. When I ordered the stone to take a look at it, I was expecting this giant thing based on the pictures. When I saw it in person I remember thinking, "That''s it?", lol.

But you''re right, it might be too much so we''ll definitely look into that before ordering.

One thing to note is that they can make the rings of different widths. For example, if we were to get matching bands, they would make mine a bigger width than hers. They can also do things like to use stones of one size and then make the metal on the edges wider or smaller. Pretty cool.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE colored stone engagement rings! That sapphire has so much personality and the light play on that stone is gorgeous. The setting is perfection too. I''m so happy your fiance loves it
36.gif

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Again, thanks for all the nice comments everyone, I love the vibe around here
21.gif

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 12:13:10 AM
Author: jewelz617
I LOVE LOVE LOVE colored stone engagement rings! That sapphire has so much personality and the light play on that stone is gorgeous. The setting is perfection too. I''m so happy your fiance loves it
36.gif

Me too. I was really happy when I heard she didn''t want a diamond. It was a lot of fun looking for the right stone. Before going through this process I didn''t realize how much each stone has its own personality. It doesn''t seem like diamonds would have the same depth of character.

You''re right- they have more
12.gif

Pretty ring. It''s a nice blue!!!!

Oh and congrats!!

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
When I saw the picture of the ring on your fiancée the first thing I thought was - wow the ring suits the wearer sooooooooo well!

Great job
1.gif

(I love the depth of the colour of the stone too btw
30.gif
)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Great unique ring that seems to suit your finacee
9.gif
My e-ring is from the natural sapphire company too and DH loved workign with them. Livia helped him design a gorgeous ring.

Congrats again on getting engaged!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous - the color of that stone is TDF. Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 2:22:35 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Great unique ring that seems to suit your finacee
9.gif
My e-ring is from the natural sapphire company too and DH loved workign with them. Livia helped him design a gorgeous ring.

Congrats again on getting engaged!
36.gif

=)

Do you have a picture of your ring on here? I looked a bit but couldn''t see whether you posted one or not.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!! What a lovely ring!!!! You did an amazing job!!!!!!!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations-- what a gorgeous sapphire and ring! You did an excellent job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results