shape
carat
color
clarity

Just engaged! Many ring pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is classic and beautiful! Congrats on your engagement!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That size is just perfect on her tiny finger.
That stone is yummy.
I love how icy it looks against her lovely tanned hand.
It makes it really pop.

Congrats to you both on your engagement.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 12:45:45 PM
Author: lili
Wow!! That size is just perfect on her tiny finger.
That stone is yummy.
I love how icy it looks against her lovely tanned hand.
It makes it really pop.

Congrats to you both on your engagement.

Thanks! It really looks very icy white in the sun, and against black. I''m very sensitive to color (i.e I see color in F-Gs), and had a hard time finding a D-E that met the rest of the specs...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s a stunning ring.
Excellent choice! It''s such a classic beauty

lost in new york

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring, beautiful proposal, beautiful fiance! Loved all the NYC references!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring...in a beautifully large size...I can clearly see how delighted she is! It''s gorgeous.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!! Very classy and elegant. Congrats and best wishes to you both.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect ring, great proposal, beautiful girl! Congratulations!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO ...You did way more than "good" ... you did "GREAT"!!!
9.gif
WOW is right! Even down to the shaving!!! Why can''t more guys be into the DETAILS like that!???!!!
3.gif

Lucky girl, lucky guy, SLAMMIN ROCK!!

p.s - how perfect is it that she *happens* to have a flawless manicure.
31.gif
28.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOD you SURE did good!! it''s beautiful!!!! it looks PERFECT on her!!!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 5:34:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
IMHO ...You did way more than ''good'' ... you did ''GREAT''!!!
9.gif
WOW is right! Even down to the shaving!!! Why can''t more guys be into the DETAILS like that!???!!!
3.gif

Lucky girl, lucky guy, SLAMMIN ROCK!!

p.s - how perfect is it that she *happens* to have a flawless manicure.
31.gif
28.gif

Funny you mention that... I suggested that we go get manicures on Friday (the day before)... And yes, I get manicures occasionally...
3.gif
At first I was opposed to it, but now I like them... I give someone $10 and they scrub my hands for 15 minutes... Its kind of relaxing. Anyhow, she was just getting pink put on, and I was like "noooo! Get French!" I''m glad I didn''t give it away... I just didn''t want her complaining the next day that her hands were a mess when she was showing the hardware off to her family.
37.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
hehe my FI also loves getting manicures and pedicures, he is always the one suggesting it..

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 6:20:38 PM
Author: anacgarcia
hehe my FI also loves getting manicures and pedicures, he is always the one suggesting it..

haha. The pedis are even better... i read a magazine while someone massages my lesgs and clips my ugly toes!
9.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring. Congrats.
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations sna77! I am so glad you FINALLY found the perfect stone! Your fiancee looks absolutely thrilled! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I was kinda wondering what happened - it seemed like a lot of the stones you had looked at were sold right under your nose! This look like a really nice one. So you have to fill us in on the dirt - what about your fiancee''s sister? I remember you saying you had to give your fiancee a large diamond because of the stone her sister had. What did her brother-in-law say when he saw it?? I''m dying to hear the story!

I am really happy for you!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow wow wow! i think her finger might break off!
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 10:49:41 PM
Author: starryeyed
Congratulations sna77! I am so glad you FINALLY found the perfect stone! Your fiancee looks absolutely thrilled! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I was kinda wondering what happened - it seemed like a lot of the stones you had looked at were sold right under your nose! This look like a really nice one. So you have to fill us in on the dirt - what about your fiancee's sister? I remember you saying you had to give your fiancee a large diamond because of the stone her sister had. What did her brother-in-law say when he saw it?? I'm dying to hear the story!

I am really happy for you!!
Thanks starryeyed! I LOVE this stone. It is completely eye clean, and I can see it glittering from across the room.

Her entire family saw the stone at the NYE party the next night. Her sister thought it was "nice." haha. I think she missed the attention of having the nicest ring in the family.
1.gif
J/K. But it looked great... They held theirs side by side and they looked very similar in terms of size. Lin's was much shinier (since it was new, and freshly polished) but they both looked nice. I like Lin's setting much better. I'm not sure where the sister's came from, but when I finally took a look at it in person, it looked similar to this style:

gi_ST6Pptl_f.jpg

Nice, but I like the Tiffany replica better than the 6 prong style above

I didn't really speak to the brother-in-law about it, I just thanked him for helping me look around a bit...

Everyone else (all the other 75 family members included) have been commenting on it non-stop for the last few days.
9.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
That ring is just FABULOUS!!! sna77, you did GREAT!! I loved hearing your proposal story, so thanks so much for sharing. The ring looks beautiful in every picture even dim basement lighting. CONGRATULATIONS and MORE PICS PLEASE!!! Btw, is there some trick to attaching more than one pic per post?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sna, what a great story and what a great plan you had in place. The ring is great and she looks so happy.

Congratulations to you both...

I had on almost the exact same dress and black boots today, I was laughing noticing her outfit!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 1:12:41 AM
Author: bargaincrazy
Btw, is there some trick to attaching more than one pic per post?
I hosted those pics on my won web space, and then just linked to them directly... It didn''t stop me me from uploading more, soI did 4-5 per post...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 1:26:44 AM
Author: diamondfan
Sna, what a great story and what a great plan you had in place. The ring is great and she looks so happy.

Congratulations to you both...

I had on almost the exact same dress and black boots today, I was laughing noticing her outfit!

Thanks! Oh, the dress... Hers was a Diane von furstenberg that she''d worn to a wedding a while back, and the boots were some Jimmy Choos that were her Xmas present from me
9.gif
. I always liked that dress. I had the hardest time convincing her to wear a dress though. I kept getting the "people wear jeans out in NYC all the time, this is too dressy" (we both used to live in Manhattan for a number of years). I was like "stop arguing, you''re going to ruin it for yourself if you go out in jeans!"
3.gif
Oh one other interseting clthing note about the night... I wore jeans into the city, and packed my black dress pants to change at my friend''s house before hand... Or at least I thought I did... In the dim lighting, I grabbed her black dress pants (size petit 0). UGH. Those things wouldn''t fit over my arms. haha. SO after all that, I had to wear jeans out to dinner!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sna, my dress was DvF also, and my boots were Manolos so absolutely the same idea...as for grabbing the wrong pants you had a lot on your mind! And in NY I noticed most people, even the theater and nice restaurants, were wearing jeans!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 8:13:00 AM
Author: diamondfan
Sna, my dress was DvF also, and my boots were Manolos so absolutely the same idea...as for grabbing the wrong pants you had a lot on your mind! And in NY I noticed most people, even the theater and nice restaurants, were wearing jeans!

Haha. It sounds like you and my fiance have the same taste.
9.gif

I love that jeans have become dressy enough to wear out at night etc. I practically live in mine. Haha. I knew she would have been upset had she not worn a dress though, so i had to push for it.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Holy RingPop, Batman!!!

That sucker is awesome!!! You did fantastic! Thanks for sharing the pics...she looks so happy!! Congratulations!
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 12:32:16 AM
Author: sna77

Her entire family saw the stone at the NYE party the next night. Her sister thought it was 'nice.' haha. I think she missed the attention of having the nicest ring in the family.
1.gif
J/K. But it looked great... They held theirs side by side and they looked very similar in terms of size. Lin's was much shinier (since it was new, and freshly polished) but they both looked nice. I like Lin's setting much better. I'm not sure where the sister's came from, but when I finally took a look at it in person, it looked similar to this style:

Nice, but I like the Tiffany replica better than the 6 prong style above

I didn't really speak to the brother-in-law about it, I just thanked him for helping me look around a bit...

Everyone else (all the other 75 family members included) have been commenting on it non-stop for the last few days.
9.gif

sna77, I would have to agree with you - the setting you selected looks much nicer. I'm really glad you found the stone on your own and wow'ed the family at NYE. It's clear from the photos that your fiancee LOVES the ring! The diamond looks incredible and pretty spready for the carat weight - it could easily be a 2.5 carat! I'm thrilled for you! Congratulations!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
I agree sna77 and starryeyed, the setting you selected looks much nicer. Just curious, the classic Tiffany 6 prong setting has changed over the years, hasn''t it? I don''t remember it looking so nice 8 yrs ago when I got engaged. Didn''t it used to look more like your FI''s sister''s ring?

sna77...just curious (if you don''t mind me asking) how did you end up going with the Whiteflash over the Superbcert? I think the Whiteflash is more substantial and suits the enormous rock perfectly.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 1:13:51 PM
Author: bargaincrazy
I agree sna77 and starryeyed, the setting you selected looks much nicer. Just curious, the classic Tiffany 6 prong setting has changed over the years, hasn''t it? I don''t remember it looking so nice 8 yrs ago when I got engaged. Didn''t it used to look more like your FI''s sister''s ring?

sna77...just curious (if you don''t mind me asking) how did you end up going with the Whiteflash over the Superbcert? I think the Whiteflash is more substantial and suits the enormous rock perfectly.

I actually like the SC setting a bit better than the WF one... Although the WF one is very nice quality, its a bit thicker. I had them shave the band so that it would be thinner like the SC one. Ultimetley, WF had the stone I wanted at a competitive cost, so I ended up going with that one.

susi

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful romantic proposal.....

As I was looking at your pictures the first thing I noticed was the beautiful mount. I like it! It reminds me of mine, but yours ( your fiancee''s
36.gif
) is alot prettier. Your stone a smart choice... and your new Fiancee just a lovely happy lady!

Your story made me smile.....

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 10:35:34 PM
Author: susi
What a beautiful romantic proposal.....

As I was looking at your pictures the first thing I noticed was the beautiful mount. I like it! It reminds me of mine, but yours ( your fiancee''s
36.gif
) is alot prettier. Your stone a smart choice... and your new Fiancee just a lovely happy lady!

Your story made me smile.....

Thanks! We had my company holdiay party last night, and everyone was gushing over her ring all night.
1.gif

We are sending the stone to AGS to be laser inscribed next week, so Lin is going to be without for a week or so. She is going to be in pain without it! I wanted to do it before I gave it to her, but AGS was really backed up before Xmas....

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, Sna77, you picked my dream stone. It''s FANTASTIC. Congratulations to you and your fiance - the ring and your fiance look radiant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results