shape
carat
color
clarity

just curious....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
who has their rings (either engagement or wedding band) engraved? whats it say?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Inside my ring says: "My Heart, My Life, My Love" except it''s all squished together due to lack of space.

I put inside my hubby''s wedding ring: "By Your Side" I only had 12 spaces so I had limited space, too.

chirp

Shiny_Rock
my grandmoher''s ring is engraved. it has my grandpa''s name inside it along with the date they got married. and also I know of a couple having each other''s name engraved.
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of mine are engraved and both of his are engraved.

No one knows the sayings in our rings except us (and the jewellers, engravers, and I hear from DH''s best man that my best man peaked but didn''t understand since he only saw half of the saying), I kinda like it that way. But it''s something meaningful to us.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Our w-bands are engraved with our initials and wedding date.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I had my husband''s engraved with "Forever My Love" and our wedding date...

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I was going to start the same topic
1.gif

Both of our rings are engraved with "I will". In the Episcopal church, you say "I will" rather than "I do". I love that it's future tense; a continual promise. It really resonated with me when I found out that was in the vows and I figured if we ever were having problems or tough times, reading that inscription would remind us of the promise we made, and continue to make.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 10:13:13 AM
Author: Ausable
I was going to start the same topic
1.gif

Both of our rings are engraved with ''I will''. In the Episcopal church, you say ''I will'' rather than ''I do''. I love that it''s future tense; a continual promise. It really resonated with me when I found out that was in the vows and I figured if we ever were having problems or tough times, reading that inscription would remind us of the promise we made, and continue to make.
Wow, I love that, Ausable!

My e-ring has "Forever" engraved in it, and our wedding bands have our names and wedding date engraved with a little AIM kiss smiley like this; " Weston and Lauren 03-09-06 :-*".

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of ours are engraved with our names and wedding date.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I had my FI''s platinum 5mm engraved with "Roger, I cross my heart" 02/16/08 - in reference to the great George Straight song - and we are not even big country fans, but the words talk to us.

By the way - the big day is four weeks from yesterday - Auggh! I am ready. I am ready. I am ready.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH''s says "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine," - my original band is too narrow to have engraved, but we''re having my plain band (matches his) engraved to say the same.

The selection has a couple of different meanings for us - around the time DH and I met, I had written a section from the Song of Solomon on the wall before my bed and read it, praying each night that I would find what I felt was missing. It was also what we said in our ceremony when we exchanged rings.

Ausable - I literally teared up when I read DH your post - we had an Episcopal blessing, and I never thought about that beautiful difference in the wording until you pointed it out. The second I submit this post, I''m going to dig out the recording of the service.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this will probably sound morbid, but when my Dad passed away unexpectedly many years ago, it was my job to take care of all of his final arrangements since my Mother was in shock and incapable. When it came to choosing something to be engraved on the headstone over our family''s cemetary plot, and since it had to be something from the Bible, I choose a verse that ends "Love is Forever". Those three words became a sort of mantra for me after losing my most favorite person in the world. So inside of our wedding bands, it says in mine, "for Lisa....Love is Forever..... 5/6/98" and inside in husband''s "for Neil.....Love is Forever.....5/6/98".

They were hand engraved and it cost me a small fortune but hey, what the heck!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My ering says "I will love you and honor you..." and my wedding ring says "10.08.04." DH''s wedding ring says "...All the days of my life 10.08.04." Those engravings are the last line of Roman Catholic vows (I will love you and honor you all the days of my life), and obviously our wedding date.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
My band says "Together" and his says "Forever" followed by our wedding date. Twenty years so far and going strong!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ours have an infinity symbol and the wedding date. We used a modified infinity symbol as our wedding motif so when we were deciding on engraving, DH suggested it and I was thrilled because it was subtle and secret. My wedding ring has hardly any band, so I had to have my engagement ring engraved, so it''s good that we kept it short!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Initials and date on my wedding band.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
FI and I are having one another's wedding bands engraved but not telling one another what they say until we look at them after the wedding ceremony..

I've decided that his will say "That's Awesome!"

The Story: he proposed at Fenway Park during a Red Sox game and my aunt was videotaping the proposal.. In the video, you can see a guy walk by and ask "Is he asking her to marry him?" My aunt replies "Yep". Then the guy says "That's awesome!"

It's the best part about the video and we say it to one another all the time now..

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
His name and wedding date on my mine, my name and wedding date on his..

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
someday...
Frankies will say..... DO NOT REMOVE....

its a funny saying because he is constantly moving things on me and not telling me where he puts them....

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 11:38:12 PM
Author: heather318
FI and I are having one another''s wedding bands engraved but not telling one another what they say until we look at them after the wedding ceremony..

I''ve decided that his will say ''That''s Awesome!''

The Story: he proposed at Fenway Park during a Red Sox game and my aunt was videotaping the proposal.. In the video, you can see a guy walk by and ask ''Is he asking her to marry him?'' My aunt replies ''Yep''. Then the guy says ''That''s awesome!''

It''s the best part about the video and we say it to one another all the time now..

Great story and perfect engraving! Love it.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 4:26:45 PM
Author: Elmorton
DH''s says ''I am my beloved and my beloved is mine,'' - my original band is too narrow to have engraved, but we''re having my plain band (matches his) engraved to say the same.

The selection has a couple of different meanings for us - around the time DH and I met, I had written a section from the Song of Solomon on the wall before my bed and read it, praying each night that I would find what I felt was missing. It was also what we said in our ceremony when we exchanged rings.

Ausable - I literally teared up when I read DH your post - we had an Episcopal blessing, and I never thought about that beautiful difference in the wording until you pointed it out. The second I submit this post, I''m going to dig out the recording of the service.
Elmorton: thanks, I''m so glad it was meaningful to you. It really has meant so much to me. It''s an amazing thing to make a promise for life not knowing what the future holds. I love your engraving too-- that is a beautiful passage.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
FI and I are having one another''s wedding bands engraved but not telling one another what they say until we look at them after the wedding ceremony..

The Story: he proposed at Fenway Park during a Red Sox game and my aunt was videotaping the proposal.. In the video, you can see a guy walk by and ask ''Is he asking her to marry him?'' My aunt replies ''Yep''. Then the guy says ''That''s awesome!''

It''s the best part about the video and we say it to one another all the time now..

How awesome will it be if he engraves your wedding band with the same thing?! That''s a great story.

I''ve got a Claddagh ring that says, "Awake and Unafraid." They are lyrics from a My Chemical Romance song that means a lot to me. I wear that as an e-ring right now, but am hoping to get a spinel e-ring soon!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I think we will probably pick something for each other''s, then not compare until afterwards. I want his to say "For Keeps" with the date. I have the ring my great-grandmother gave my great-grandfather for their wedding (not really a wedding band, per say) and it says the same thing. Every time I see it I smile, because it is so silly and true.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Ours say "Forever this way", meaning we forever want to feel the love and joy with one another that we felt on our wedding day.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
We have our date on ours, not very original, now I could come up with lots of things but at the time, that is what we chose,
35.gif
D2B

sara_mm

Rough_Rock
both of ours say "sempre 07.20.07"

We got engaged in Italy and "sempre" means "always" in Italian. 07.20.07 is our wedding date.

canadian_bling

Rough_Rock
hehe... This thread makes me chuckle about the engraving job I had done of my ring.

Sorry that this a bit wordy but the stuff before sets the scene for what happens to my rings.

First of all, let this be a cute lesson learned about purchases made in China.

I found platinum wedding bands for my husband and myself in China before we were married. Although the quality was lower than those that I''d found in higher end stores in Canada, for $550 CAD for two bands, I said what the heck and I was sold. So I went about to get them engraved with our Chinese names and date for the wedding. I was told that I could pick them up in three days. As I was there for an extended trip, I thought no problem. Three days go by and I go and pick them up. No rings. Oh well, I thought, this is what I get for relatively inexpensive product. Finally after 5 days, they''re ready. Woohoo...

Anyways, when I when to pick them up, I noticed that the font was really really squished together and tiny like so. Plus, the engraving was not straight. But here was the kicker.... The engraver had put my name on my ring and his name on his ring. I couldn''t help but laugh at the store. Why would I need my name engraved on my own ring for? Lost and found??? I told them I had never seen engravings on rings where people put there own names on their wedding rings. In any case, I told them to fix it upon which they replied that their factory would be on holiday and that it would take another 10 days to get it back to me. I told them that that would be unacceptable as I would be back in Canada by then. So finally, I got ahold of their manager and received agreement that they would engrave the proper names, now I have both our whole names on the rings. Well, I guess the engraver this time must have been much more skilled as the engraving came out straight and much bigger than before.

Anyhoo, this is what ended up on the rings my name, his name, and the date of our wedding. and vice versa.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 11:07:12 AM
Author: stacy

How awesome will it be if he engraves your wedding band with the same thing?! That''s a great story.

I''ve joked with one of my friends that he''ll put the same thing in my ring.. I think it would be awesome if we ended up with the same thing without even knowing it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results