shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious: Those that have a solitaire Cushion/OMC ering, what do you do for a wband?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious what people wear for a wedding band if they have a Cushion / OMC ering (especially if it''s a soliaire no-pave band)? Just curious as they don''t seem to make wbands with cushion cut diamonds...do you opt for a plain band? Any pics would be great too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 5:43:02 PM
Author:blingergrrrl
I am curious what people wear for a wedding band if they have a Cushion / OMC ering (especially if it''s a soliaire no-pave band)? Just curious as they don''t seem to make wbands with cushion cut diamonds...do you opt for a plain band? Any pics would be great too!
When stones get so teeny -- like micropave size -- you can''t even tell what SHAPE they are -- unless you''re 2 inches away. I''d guess that most micropave bands would look very nice with a solid polished solitare, especially if both bands were thin. All people will see is SPARKLE -- they won''t be analyzing the "match"
2.gif

Travelinggal has a cushion solitare -- maybe she''ll weigh in with pix -- I think her band is solid metal too though!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan of plain bands (for a buncha reasons, one being they go with *everything*) but I''m having my ring made with beadset single cut stones... wink and ocean and I all agreed that the single cut stones would play to the chunky antique quality of my center stone. I don''t know anyone other than leon and wink that can actually GET single cut stones though... and as for wink you have to get in line! ;-)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 5:48:12 PM
Author: decodelighted

When stones get so teeny -- like micropave size -- you can''t even tell what SHAPE they are -- unless you''re 2 inches away. I''d guess that most micropave bands would look very nice with a solid polished solitare, especially if both bands were thin. All people will see is SPARKLE -- they won''t be analyzing the ''match''
2.gif

Travelinggal has a cushion solitare -- maybe she''ll weigh in with pix -- I think her band is solid metal too though!!
Yes, I do have a cushion solitaire. Because of the setting, it is often confused with a princess. The cushion is square and on the smaller side...1.03 carat.

Because exactly the reason Deco stated above, I chose to go with a plain band - a matching Jeff Cooper. My setting is pretty modern (there is a pic around here somewhere with both rings - but I should take a hand shot as I never took one with both) and it is also wide. It''s actually a lot of metal and goes against all the lovely delicate settings for cushions that are so popular these days, but as I''m a steely kinda gal, the look worked for me.

I bought the setting initially wanting a thin diamond eternity band for more sparkle. You definitely don''t need cushion wbands...the rounds look just fine with a cushion...or even princesses in my case. But I liked the plainer look of the plat band...which surprised me because it was my choice to buy whatever I wanted.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What''s the difference between single cut and fully cut stone? Just curious.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:00:47 PM
Author: surfgirl
What''s the difference between single cut and fully cut stone? Just curious.

From Leon''s site-
“single cut” diamonds have far fewer facets (17 total facets). High quality, perfectly cut, single cuts are also known in the diamond industry as “eight cuts.” The fewer number facets on a single cut diamond are proportionally bigger and tend to reflect more noticeable flashes of light. High quality single cuts are mainly used in expensive watches to decorate the dials and mark the hours. But single cuts are very scarce, not to mention expensive, with the luxury watch industry consuming almost all of the production. "

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 7:12:57 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I''m a fan of plain bands (for a buncha reasons, one being they go with *everything*) but I''m having my ring made with beadset single cut stones... wink and ocean and I all agreed that the single cut stones would play to the chunky antique quality of my center stone. I don''t know anyone other than leon and wink that can actually GET single cut stones though... and as for wink you have to get in line! ;-)
Huh! I never heard of sigle or eight cuts before. I LOVE this site! I can''t wait to see what your ring turns out like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results