shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tuesday! YAY! They''re doing the full gamut of tests, u/s, pelvic, etc...LOL I never thought I''d be excited to get a pap smear!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, what''s this about nail biting aversion stuff on nipples?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
haha cara..i just might have to try that! we are down to one short nursing session at night, which is definitely progress. but neither of us wants to cut it off completely! he looks at me with these big brown eyes and signs for milk, and it just melts my heart. my husband, on the other hand, is ready to kill me for giving in!!!!

HH: wow...so soon! we''ll be thinking of you tuesday. VERY exciting!!!

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
HH, Good luck on your appt Tuesday! I have to wait another 2 weeks for my first pap smear and u/s!

So far I haven''t had much m/s, just a little queasy every now and then, feeling like I am going to throw up but I haven''t yet! My problem is nothing sounds good to eat! It''s hard to eat when you are having to force something down!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Update from me: I finally connected with my OB on Wednesday. She apologized profusely and said she had just then gotten my message. So, the weak link in that office are the nurses, clearly, who are supposed to connect the doctors to the patients. Well I know what to do next time. Anyhow, she basically reassured everything that we all have discussed about SCH, put me on "pelvic rest" (no sex) for 2 weeks and to take it easy. I still have had no bleeding which is good, but still have cramping and pressure frequently, like daily and sometimes for hours at a time, which I worry about and then convince myself is normal. Gah! I am going in to see her a week from today, no scan scheduled just a regular appointmnet, but hopefully we can get the heartbeat on the doppler which would make me feel better. 8w0d tomorrow! I am so freakin exhausted I don''t know how people hold down full time jobs while pregnant...all I want to do is sleep sleep sleep. Somehow I will have to figure out how to stay employed. Zzzzzzzz....

Cara, I am still suffering here, no changes. The prune juice does nothing. My mom told me to get metamucil, which I will try. Ugh. I wanted to mention that my sister was on Zofran with both her pregnancies and she absolutley had to be on it. She lost 15 lbs in her first tri with her DD, honestly it was frightening and she had to go to the hospital for dehydration and electrolytes. Anyhow, she really couldn''t handle being pregnant without it. I hope it works for you and you feel better soon! Great news about the 7 week scan, yay for your little tadpole
2.gif

Hudson, that would be totally amazing if you were actually more far along than you thought. Wow. Let us know what happens on Tuesday!

LL, thanks for the sweet note
1.gif
I am glad my words are encouraging, I know the temping is a PITA but you will really thank yourself in the days leading up to AF/test day.
1.gif
It takes some of the mystery out if your temps take a nose dive or reach for the sky.

Jena, totally feeling you on the food thing. Nothing sounds good, but I do get hungry, then starving, then I''ll eat something, feel immediatley gross and icky from it. Rinse and repeat, all day long.
14.gif
My little bean had better be doing some serious growing in there!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Kit, I''m really taking the meds so that I can stay employed happily. I''m not throwing up when nauseous, just varying levels of miserable, so could probably safely if unhappily survive at home being a slug. At work however, it is definitely pushing it so... the pills kicked in this morning and I am still tired and a little off, but much much better on the nausea front. So that is good!

Hope your little bean stays safe in there! And yeah, it is amazing what a punch they pack for the size. Grown woman down for the count, again!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered my fetal doppler rental from Stork Radio, I expect it sometime next week due to the weather delays. Anyone else on here crazy enough to order one of these?
9.gif
I figure by the time I get it I will be 9w and I really need something to hold me over between my next OB appointment this Friday and my next u/s which is on March 8th, when I''ll be 12w.

How is everyone feeling? I am feeling crappier and eating poorly. Everything makes me feel gross. Can anyone related to craving highly processed foods? If it hadn''t been for the Snowpocalypse (as they are calling it around here), I definitley would have hit the McDonald''s drive through yesterday for a cheeseburger meal. I NEVER, EVER go to Mickey D''s. Ever. So weird. Thank goodness for prenatal vitamins.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re feeling crummy Kit. I''m feeling good today. Really really tired though. Yesterday we went and helped some friends tile their fireplace and the bending over repeatedly and sitting on a hard granite hearth stone did a number on my back, I''m so sore today.

Tomorrow is the big day, YAY!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, Hudson glad you are feeling good! That tilework does not sound like work for a preggo though, haha. Maybe try a heating pad on your back? Me and my pad have been BFF lately, I just keep it away from the bean. Can't wait to hear about the results of your appointment!

ETA: holy mackerel! my doppler has already shipped. my goodness that is fast service. am supposed to get it wednesday...nice.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL it really wasn''t that strenuous, just a lot of bending over and standing up and I haven''t been to the gym in awhile.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
good luck tomorrow hudson!

kit: i''m SURE you already know this, but don''t freak out if you can''t find the heartbeat using the doppler. 9 weeks is super early to hear it, even at the OB''s office (where they sometimes have more high-tech devices and know exactly where to look for it)! my last appt was close to 9 weeks and they wouldn''t even try listening. i hear it around then with my first pregnancy though!! GOOD LUCK!!

everything going well on my end. starting to feel a little better. already at 11 weeks...it''s FLYING by! we''re going to vancouver on saturday for a week for the olympics (we''re psychotic and bringing along our 1 yr old son...i have NO idea what we''ll do with him all day!), and then when we get back i''ll have my nuchal translucency u/s at 13 weeks. can''t wait!!

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Kit, I know how you are feeling, Nothing sounds good to me latley and it is always the bad foods that I end up eating because by the time I NEED to eat cause I am feeling sick there is nothing easy and healthy to make that is quick so I go for the bad foods! Not good, but thank god for the vitamins! I feel like I am not taking care of my baby by eating all the bad foods so today I brought some healthy snacks to work!

HH, good luck with your appointment tomorrow! How exciting! I''m jealous, I have 2 more weeks until my first appointment! Can''t wait to hear about yours!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 7:10:51 PM
Author: lover in athens
good luck tomorrow hudson!

kit: i''m SURE you already know this, but don''t freak out if you can''t find the heartbeat using the doppler. 9 weeks is super early to hear it, even at the OB''s office (where they sometimes have more high-tech devices and know exactly where to look for it)! my last appt was close to 9 weeks and they wouldn''t even try listening. i hear it around then with my first pregnancy though!! GOOD LUCK!!

everything going well on my end. starting to feel a little better. already at 11 weeks...it''s FLYING by! we''re going to vancouver on saturday for a week for the olympics (we''re psychotic and bringing along our 1 yr old son...i have NO idea what we''ll do with him all day!), and then when we get back i''ll have my nuchal translucency u/s at 13 weeks. can''t wait!!
Is this the one that is part of the down''s screening? I think that is what I am having after 12 weeks.

I''m into my 11th week now and I''m still super tired...mainly afternoon/evening time. I have some better days / some worse. Going to get all my bloodwork done this week...there sure is quite a long list of stuff!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, how was the appointment?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It went really well, glad to hear yours did too! I''m measuring right at 8 weeks, which in my heart of hearts knew to be the case (silly step sis!). S/he had a strong heart beat around 165. I''ve posted a sonogram pic over in the pregnant PS''er thread. It was so cool to see my anatomy via u/s! My ovaries looked HUGE on the screen. Apparently my left one did all the work.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yay HH! Great news at your first appt. Exciting!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
congrats HH. also so special the first time you see that heart flickering away!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 6:17:34 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
It went really well, glad to hear yours did too! I''m measuring right at 8 weeks, which in my heart of hearts knew to be the case (silly step sis!). S/he had a strong heart beat around 165. I''ve posted a sonogram pic over in the pregnant PS''er thread. It was so cool to see my anatomy via u/s! My ovaries looked HUGE on the screen. Apparently my left one did all the work.
Glad to hear that all is on track, HH!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HH - yay! I''m glad it all went well and you got a good pic.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson, that''s great news! So happy to hear it.

So, yesterday I really took a turn for the worse. I feel like I have the flu, but I know I don''t actually have the flu. I have not barfed, but I''m not the barfing type. I just wasn''t eating or drinking and got dehydrated and just felt absolutley awful. I had the chills, but no fever. Well, I spoke to my sis who has had super bad m/s with both of her pregnancies and she gave me some good advice. I''m basically putting myself on a BRAT diet and going to focus on staying hydrated and eating extremely small portions, more like snacks. So far so good. My DH keeps telling me to picture the baby. Eyes on the prize...

cara

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, Kit I am your misery loves company buddy with the ''flu''. Well, today is going slightly better but yesterday was brutal! I''m on the meds but they are not miracle pills. Well, at least not consistent miracle pills. Who knows if random moments of functioning normal-person feeling are blessings from the little pills alone or the MS gods. What is this BRAT diet you speak of?

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 5:34:03 PM
Author: Kit
Hudson, that''s great news! So happy to hear it.

So, yesterday I really took a turn for the worse. I feel like I have the flu, but I know I don''t actually have the flu. I have not barfed, but I''m not the barfing type. I just wasn''t eating or drinking and got dehydrated and just felt absolutley awful. I had the chills, but no fever. Well, I spoke to my sis who has had super bad m/s with both of her pregnancies and she gave me some good advice. I''m basically putting myself on a BRAT diet and going to focus on staying hydrated and eating extremely small portions, more like snacks. So far so good. My DH keeps telling me to picture the baby. Eyes on the prize...
Kit: I am sorry to hear that the m/s is really bad. It is so important to stay hydrated though, so keep up the drinking and the BRAT diet. I hope you feel better soon!

HH: I am so happy to hear that your appt went well. Yeah for hearing/seeing the heartbeat. Congrats
36.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cara, we can be miserable together
14.gif
The BRAT diet stands for bananas, rice, apples/applesauce, and toast. It''s a bland diet I think hospitals put you on when you have digestive troubles? I can usually eat these items. I just wish I never even got hungry! This would be ideal because then I wouldn''t have to eat anything. Ugh. Last night I tried about 1/2 a cup plain buttered noodles and I felt sooo ill afterward, it was bad. Evenings are the absolute worst. The only consolation is that I hope the little bean is thriving and therefore wrecking hormonal havoc in my body. Time cannot pass quickly enough, I cannot wait until this phase is over!

DC, thanks
1.gif
Hope you are holding up with all this snow! I am going stir crazy having been home bound since Friday. Bla.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish we had tickers like they do on the bump so I could keep up with when everyone''s due.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I thought we had a thread somewhere with everyone''s due date?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
we do but I''m lazy and I live for instant gratification.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 10:38:18 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
we do but I''m lazy and I live for instant gratification.
haha me too. That''s why I have no idea where it is. I think it''s a good idea--also for knowing how old little ones are once they''re here!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thread is called: Preggos In Waiting List

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to resurrect this thread, if anyone feels like posting over here! Since the only proof I have that I''m pregnant is the POAS, I can''t bring myself to post in the preggo thread. So....icekid, split, any others...???

I''m 5 wks today. I read the little bean is about the size of a seasame seed right now...how did that little thing start wrecking havoc already? I have been super thirsty...I cannot drink enough water. And my nips are sore, but not my bbs in general. I''m bloated like crazy, which bugs me bc its such an awkward size and feeling. I just started P90x last week, so I''m a bit scared that if I start packing on pounds people will get suspicious at work, and I am going to wait as long as I can before telling them.

What''s up with other JBP ladies??? How''s it going?

cara

Ideal_Rock
Hi Charbie! Just wanted to say hi though I am now more usually on the big thread now at 15 weeks - come on over when you feel brave enough! Scary for sure but you might not have as many buddies over here and we don''t bite!

But yeah welcome to the first tri w/ the bloating and other fun symptoms. All I can say is that to some extent its out of your control - some women woln''t show at all til well into the second tri, whereas I was busting out of my clothes halfway through the first tri and thought for sure it was obvious to anyone that bothered to look... Turns out most people were not looking! (Except I think my boss...) anyway, you can''t control much of that so just take care of yourself and little bean. My bloating/constipation got super uncomfortable, so if you feel yourself heading that way maybe invest in some fiber-foods and stool softener (not laxatives). When the nurse said I could take one or two colace with every meal (!), I said a thank you prayer and I am not religious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results