shape
carat
color
clarity

Julia Kay Taylor + Gene''s Grossular Asscher = Sunshine On My Hand!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This project has been a long time coming. I just ran by the post office and picked up my 1.38 ct. Grossular Garnet cut by Gene, that had been set in an 18k bezel setting with a split shank by Julia Kay Taylor. I''m apologizing in advance for the pics I''m about to post, because it was after dark when I picked it up, and it''s been raining in Dallas all day, I don''t think I''m doing this ring any justice.

Also, through all of the stops and starts and craziness with our schedules, Julia was a joy to work with and I am already scheming!
27.gif

Gene''s picture of my stone. 1.38 ct. - 6.61 mm.

1.38ct.GrossularGarnetAsscher6.61mm2.jpg

Thread on the Grossular here;

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-collection-feat-my-precision-gem-grossular-garnet.125183/

original.aspx

Julia''s sketches here;

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-grossular-sketches-from-julia-what-do-you-think.129209/

LaurensGarnetRingSketch.jpg

Julia and I started talking in late August, and I have to say, she is just a wonderful, amazing, creative woman, and I am looking forward to sending her another project in which I have little to no input, and just let her go crazy. She absolutely nailed this ring, and I love this little ball of sunshine on my hand.

As I just picked this ring up, I still have yet to see this ring in sunlight, but I am so impressed with how lovely it is in this dark house, that I can''t wait for the sun to come back!

Now for some background; originally, Julia and I thought she could get this ring done by October, but her schedule went crazy, and she started asking for deposits for December timeframe. I hemmed and hawed over it, but after talking to her about budget, I felt comfortable to go ahead and have her order the material. Yay! In early November, we were pretty much on our way!

Then, December exploded. Almost literally. She had quite a few rush jobs, and since my ring wasn''t for any special occasion, I completely understood the push back.

Unfortunately, Julia was finally able to get my stone on the bench during the same week a good friend of mine passed away suddenly and tragically and I was consumed with helping his wife sort out everything from the memorial to moving. It''s been a stressful couple of weeks. But Julia has been a ray of sunshine through it all. I even asked her if she could do anything with my friend''s wedding band, and because it was tungsten, which is pretty much unworkable, she sent along a lovely chain on which my friend can wear her dear husband''s wedding band.

Now; onto the pics!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey look! A box full of lavender tissue!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inside? Two little boxes! And a sweet note!

original.aspx

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tease!
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to pause for a moment and thank Julia again for her extremely kind offer of sending along that chain for my friend, Nicole. Nicole and Kevin, my friend who passed away on December 30th, 2009, were newlyweds who had just celebrated their wedding in Mexico in March after tying the knot in Austin in December last year. They had been married only 1 year and 17 days when Kevin passed away. He was so young - only 34, and Nicole is only 24. I am comforted by the fact that they expressed their deep love for each other often, and that they shared that love and enthusiasm for life in everything they did.

Kevin will be greatly missed, and I'm so touched that Julia so kindly offered her lovely words, and a gesture that is uniquely hers. Thank you, Julia!

Here is the necklace;

original.aspx

And Kevin and Nicole. They were so in love.
7.gif

KevinAndNicole1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was a beautiful gesture. I'm saddened to read of your friends death.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve teased you enough! LOL

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The profile!

original.aspx

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
I love the colour combo...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close up - it''s picking up some green from the background I think. When Julia and I spoke last week, she was so sweet. She said that garnet was a whole lot more yellow than it looked in the pictures. It''s pretty much a true yellow, but I am having a heck of a time capturing it!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A bit of a side view.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLURRY finger shot!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took the next couple of pics for Freke - I bought a pair of gold Giuseppie Zanottis and took a pic on the heel!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, one more with the shoes. lol

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, Yssie and Maisie, my friend!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three bezel set asschers.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And finally, all of my set asschers . . . that''s it until the sun comes out in Dallas!

original.aspx

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just lovely Lauren! I''m so sorry for the loss of your friend. How sad.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Laila!!!! I appreciate the kind words.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another.

original.aspx

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh it''s pretty! I like it lots! You have such a gorgeous collection Lauren.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one more.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:20:19 PM
Author: Maisie
Ooh it''s pretty! I like it lots! You have such a gorgeous collection Lauren.
Thank you, Maisie, dear! How are you doing these days, hun?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:10:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Three bezel set asschers.

original.aspx
Mama bear, papa bear and baby bear! I love them all, and the new one in yellow gold is stunning.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP- You are my colored asscher idol
30.gif
I love this ring! it is such a blessed sunshine on your finger. Darn you made me all teary
39.gif
what a sweet gesture!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Dreamer and D&T!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow...

I''m at a loss for words. Its beautiful LTP. I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend; it is lovely that she has a friend like you to be there.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lauren, it''s gorgeous! She did a great job, it really is like a ball of sunshine on your hand. I look forward to some daylight pics! And I am so very sorry for your friend
39.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful shade of green.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results