shape
carat
color
clarity

Joe''s Jeans-- will they strecth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ostroff

Rough_Rock
HI

I purchased some Joe''s Jeans. This is my first time wearing them. I tried on some at Nordstrom''s but they were 27 and too big so I ordered a 26 off the website. Apparently, the jeans I bought were not the exact same ones. They are muse fit wide leg knightly and the are 26. They are 100% cotton and I am concerned the jeans will not stretch. I usually wear a 27 in SFAMK with stretch and a 28 without stretch. The Joe''s are kinda tight, but I am able to bend, move, etc.. and still feel okay. They are just a little tight in the front and my thighs. So, should I return them for the next size or should I wear them and wait for them to stretch? I normally don''t dry my designer jeans.. I will use air dry or just spin them down and hang them to dry.

Thanks for your answers!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how much lycra is in them?

my Joe's totally stretch out. too much in fact.

and also i have heard from multiple people that Joe's run big so that you will probably wear a size smaller than in a lot of other brands.

ETA..doh i see you said 100% cotton. well cotton still does stretch. so i would imagine they would stretch. do you feel uncomfortable in them now? if not, i wouldn't worry about them. nothing is worse than a too big pair of designer jeans. well a too small pair is a close 2nd.

ostroff

Rough_Rock
I can bend, do everything in them. They just feel a bit tight in the thighs and the waist. I think I will try them around the house for a couple of hours and if no stretch then return them. My seven''s are now a bit too big, so I don''t want them being like that!!

Thanks!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I find them to strectch a whole lt. I have had mine taken in twice and whilst I lost a bit of weight I think they do really bag out.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have Joe''s in the Muse fit. (not wide leg though) I initially bought a 27 and decided after trying them on again at home that they were too big. Took them back and the girls working there talked me into the 25''s. Got those home and wore them around and decided I felt painted in them. They were uncomfortable. So I finally exchanged them for the 26''s which seem to fit perfectly. I''d say if yours are just a bit snug in the front and in your thighs they''re probably the right size. Mine stretched a little but not very much. I don''t think they''ve stretched as much as some people have said. But I don''t think wearing them only a few hours will really stretch them if that''s what you''re thinking. It generally takes longer than that.

ostroff

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I was debating on to return them or not but after putting them on again they don''t seem to be as tight. I think I was bloated anyways when they came in. I thought the thigh area made my thighs looked big, but I have big thighs and they look the same as in all my jeans. Of course my hubby said the jeans looked weird on me because he does not like the snug at top wide leg at bottom look. Overall, I am happy with them. I am gonna take them to get altered soon. I also purchased Seven for all mankinds A pocket and Ravens trouser jeans and I love them too!! I can''t wait to have them all hemmed and start wearing them!! My fav jeans so far are SFAMK. I tried on AGs at Nordstroms, and really wanted to buy them, but I had already bought 3 pairs of jeans that day, so I am definately going to go back in a couple of months and get me some of those.

Thanks everyone for your replies to my question!!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Mine have also stretched out a lot...too much..hehe

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Yes, and YES!!!! It''s the type of spandex that they use. The more you wash them the more flimsy the spandex becomes and the jeans slowly stop returning to the oribinal shape.

On that note however... they WILL become your favorite jeans, bc they become uber soft and almost like a comphy pair of sweat pants. I have had my first pair for 2.5 years now. About 5 months ago, they began ripping just under my right bottom-cheek, and I still wore them around until about a month ago. Chris finally told me, I needed to retire them... to just in house wear.

I am currently on a JJ hunt for my "NEW" favorite pair. However, I only buy them for casual jeans, bc of the stretching issue. If you''re looking for a great pair of "going-out" jeans, I suggest Paige. I have had them for over 3 years, and I still have to do stretch squats when I put them on just out of the dryer. (All you girls no what I''m talking about... when you have to bend up and down to make the thigh area looser!!!!) They''re great!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought two pairs of Joes in Dec. and both are a size smaller than I normally wear and they''ve stretched out to looking not as fitted in the rear! Luckily I found one of the pairs at Nord. Rack for $79 so I wasn''t out as much money, but I won''t buy another pair of them after seeing how poorly they maintain their shape.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results