shape
carat
color
clarity

Job hunting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Diver--yes, my husband and I own a "agent" dealership for Nextel. We are 100% commission and pay our people accordingly. We have inside telemarketing people who set appointments. When we get a new outside person we start them up as inside telemarketing because that has an hourly wage plus commission. Then transition people to outside sales. It's a good training ground...And you're right, sales gets lots of NO's. I work fulltime for a newspaper so carry the benefits for the family.

Strm--It seems like you need to come up with anything that will allow you to make enough money to get by so you can pursue doing something you really love like the web jeweler/photographer idea.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, I was having an idea as I walked to work this morning. In my real estate company an e-mail will frequently go out to all agents asking if anyone knows anyone who can come to their house and fix their computer for whatever reason. Maybe you can get some info out to local companies with a lot of employees who would need this type of service. Not sure if this is an area that you have any interest in or where you have an expertise, but I bet there are plenty of people out there who would call and pay you some decent $ to take care of something so they don''t have to deal with it themselves, or if it''s an issue that''s beyond the meager computer skills that most of us have.

Case in point: We have somehow contracted the smitfraud.c virus at home and the HH just doesn''t have time to get rid of it because everything we''re read says it''s a manual process to make it go away and that the virus softwares can''t get it. Seriously, I would GLADLY pay you to come to my house and get rid of it!

(Sorry, BTW, if this is what you meant in an earlier post by saying that you have been doing some "consulting".)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, just checking in to see how you''re doing and if you''ve come across any good leads.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 9:27:37 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Storm, just checking in to see how you''re doing and if you''ve come across any good leads.
nada yet...
still a bunch of crud on my credit report from someone using my SS# so got turned down for a gas station job I was looking into to fill in for a while....

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Storm, I wish I had some advice for you, but just wanted to say that I hope things get better for you! That''s awful about your SS#, so sorry.

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 9:34:37 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 6/21/2007 9:27:37 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
nada yet...
still a bunch of crud on my credit report from someone using my SS# so got turned down for a gas station job I was looking into to fill in for a while....
that is horrible. I am sorry.
I still think you should contact Abazias and see if you could do something like John does for WF. You already know all of us and we think you are great so why not
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stormdriver, just wanted to say still thinking positive thoughts about your situation. You seem so smart, knowledgeable, and resourceful. If you persevere I know something WILL work out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, I am late to this but I just wanted to say I am rooting for you and that I KNOW a great opportunity is out there for you. I know this must be so hard right now, but a positive change WILL happen, this hard time is needed to allow it to materialize. Keep your chin up
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results