shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am super excited, We are having JKT make our nieces Baptism/Christmas present. It is a Butterfly Cross pendant that I designed and is going to be in argentium silver, high shine on the cross and brushed on the butterfly wings, also a bezel set marquise cut peridot as the head of the butterfly(her birthstone). I can't wait to see it come to life and be able to see it in person in a few weeks!

butterflycross JKT pendant.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very artistic and fluid, I really like your design. Its going to be Beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it''s just perfect for a baptism gift. It''s so pretty, delicate and carries a lot of meaning with the design. I can''t wait to see it completed. Is Julia providing the marquise peridot? You are very artistic to come up with that design.
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Thoughtful and amazing baptism gift!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s beautiful!!!

I hope you don''t mind, and I certainly don''t mean to ruffle feathers, but does anyone else think it kind of looks like a Ankh with the marquis in that proportion?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 5:41:27 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Oh it''s beautiful!!!

I hope you don''t mind, and I certainly don''t mean to ruffle feathers, but does anyone else think it kind of looks like a Ankh with the marquis in that proportion?
I thought an Ankh is a circle at the top?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:42:01 PM
Author: Chrono

Oh it''s beautiful!!!

More of an upside-down pear, but yes, I see an ankh in this piece. I would consider moving the marquise to the center of the cross (where the horizontal and vertical parts intersect) if you want to avoid confusion.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 11:48:44 AM
Author: D&T
Very artistic and fluid, I really like your design. Its going to be Beautiful!
Thanks D&T :) I can''t wait to see it finished!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 12:26:49 PM
Oh, it''s just perfect for a baptism gift. It''s so pretty, delicate and carries a lot of meaning with the design. I can''t wait to see it completed. Is Julia providing the marquise peridot? You are very artistic to come up with that design.
36.gif
Thanks so much Chrono! I am hoping Julia can provide the peridot, as I have one but it is a little windowed. I am just an artsy kind of girl-watercolor paint, make my own jewelry(I like it unique and colorful),draw-the only thing I can''t draw well is jewelry for some reason though.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:26:52 PM
Author: packrat
How exciting! Thoughtful and amazing baptism gift!
Thanks packrat! I think her parents will really appreciate the effort and sentimentality!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's beautiful!!!

I hope you don't mind, and I certainly don't mean to ruffle feathers, but does anyone else think it kind of looks like a Ankh with the marquis in that proportion?
Thanks.

I don't mind at all, it actually is similar, but also similar to many looped Christian Crosses. From my understanding the Ankh actually is representative of Life, Immortality and Fertility. So no bad meaning in my eyes.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 11:41:06 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Date: 12/28/2009 10:42:01 PM

Oh it''s beautiful!!!

More of an upside-down pear, but yes, I see an ankh in this piece. I would consider moving the marquise to the center of the cross (where the horizontal and vertical parts intersect) if you want to avoid confusion.
I don''t think there will be any confusion involved, but thanks for your concern :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Great! I like the meaning behind the ankh too and don''t see it as counter to monotheistic thought. Anyway, I''m sure it will turn out lovely.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Should be here soon! I am excited to see it in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a very large piece and I’m sure the recipient is going to be absolutely delighted!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 8:24:15 AM
It’s a very large piece and I’m sure the recipient is going to be absolutely delighted!
I am sure her parents will be excited and appreciate the gesture, it is about 1 inch x 1 inch.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! TFS!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A very pretty and unique cross. I''m sure your niece will love it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! I''[m sure she''ll love it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that turned out perfect! I hope she appreciates you for giving her such a special gift.
1.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I always love to see creativity like this - beautiful!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, and a lovely idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results