shape
carat
color
clarity

JFF - Repeat Dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else get dreams that repeat over and over and over again?

There are two dreams that I have a LOT:

1. I dream that my cat Ferris gets out of the house (I use house loosely. Sometimes we''re in airplanes, or cars, and he gets out, too), and I''m panicking trying to get him. It''s weird because he''s never gotten out before, and has never really tried. I have this dream, at least once a month it seems.

2. THIS one is weird: I have dreams about overflowing toilets. I''ll go to the bathroom, flush, and the toilet will start overflowing and I can''t turn the water off, or unplug it or anything, and I just stand there panicking. This dream I have about once a month, if not more.

I have no idea why I have these dreams. It''s strange. I do have a weird unnatural fear of toilets, though.
20.gif

Anyone else want to share??
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have the same dreams about my kitty! She also doesn''t try to get out and never has been.. but I still get that darn dream!

I also have a weird dream sometimes that I am stuck in some sort of inanimate object. No one knows there is a person inside there but me, but I can''t speak! It''s really strange. Sometimes there are other people (friends and family) that are stuck with me and we can hear each others thoughts.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I have sleep papralysis sometimes, and my dad does too. I guess it''s not really a dream, but it goes along with dreams. There''s apparently some part of your brain that constricts movement in certain parts of your sleep to protect you from hurting yourself. As you wake up, this part of your brain kind of "de-activates" so you can move. Sleep paralysis is when your conscious self wakes up but not this part of your brain, so you are completely unable to move or make a sound. It can be QUITE terrifying, but now that I know what it is it doesn''t freak me out so much. I have it on occasion now, but I used to have it a LOT, and it always went with some kind of dream about being attacked by people/ghosts/aliens, etc. My dad always thought of it as some sort of ghostly thing too before we found out what it really is. It feels like there''s a giant weight on you but you can''t see it. Then you try to scream and you can''t make any noise. You try to move and can''t budge. I actually saw a tv show once on strange happenings (like ghost and alien encounters) and scientific explanations to explain them. Sleep paralysis was the explanation for all kinds of weird occurances. It all made sense to me then, and once I learned about what it was, the terrifying dreams stopped. I still wake up and can''t move sometimes, but the dreams are not nearly so intense or scary.

So that''s my weird thing!

Also, I still dream about my ex-boyfriend ALL the time. (I''ve never told my finacee this, because I can''t control it and in real life I have ZERO interest in him.) But my dreams happen at least once a month and when I wake up sometimes the feelings are overwhelming! It usually involoves some kind of breaking up, or some kind of searching for him and not finding him-- basicly how it used to be LOL!! The dreams are pretty intense, but once I''m out of bed I can forget all about it. Anyone else have this? I always feel guilty about it, but I can''t help it. I''ve had more than enough chances to go back but NO THANKS!! I just think it''s weird I keep dreaming the same stuff about him. We were high school (and kind of middle school) "sweethearts" if you could call it that, but we''ve been broken up for almost NINE years! Weird right?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl: That dream of yours is frightening! Although it is pretty cool that you can hear each other''s thoughts. I always wonder what dreams like that mean, if anything.

Kelli: Ohhh my goodness. The first time you ever had sleep paralysis must''ve been so, so scary! I can''t even imagine!! I have dreams about my ex also (We''ve been broken up for 4 years now) but they''re getting less and less frequent. They''re always bad ones about him hurting me emotionally. Kind of like it was when we were together. I think people get dreams like that because even though they''re over the person, the emotional damage that was done lingers. Sometimes it can be a source of anxiety. I hate that years after you break up, they get to stay in your head!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
elledizzy: It REALLY was as a kid, but now it''s no big deal.

I''m glad other people have dreams about their exes too. It makes me feel less gulity! Every once in a long while it''ll be a really happy dream. I think those are even worse LOL! I have this dream that I''m back in the good days with him and have that warm fuzzy feeling. Then as I''m waking up I know we''re not together and I feel those bad break-up feelings like it just recently happened or something. Then I REALLY wake up and realize that I have everything I wanted with my ex, but it''s with my fiancee (who is EVERYTHING my ex was not), and then I feel horribly guilty about dreaming of someone else. But I have to realize it''s my subconscious and I guess I can''t help it. I think I''d rather have the toilet dreams though! That is too funny about your toilet fears!
9.gif

oupeargirl your dream about being stuck in an inanimate object seems kind of like the not being able to move thing. It must be scary!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i dont have weird dream that keeps coming again and again, but i too have a fear of toilets!! i cant believe there is someone else out there! i wouldnt use a toilet that i didnt "know" until i was a teenager.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I have the same dream about my cats getting out. Also a recurring dream where I have bubble gum in my mouth and I try to spit it out - no matter how many times I spit it out, there is still gum in my mouth. Another one about trying to write down my address or phone number and I can''t get it right - I keep trying over and over but I run out of paper or time.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I have repeat dreams of being at my dad''s house. I have no idea why. I had one again last night, and when I showed up with my dog (who always goes with me when I visit him cause he loves her!), he had gotten like 10 cats! The house was decorated for Christmas, and one of the cats had eaten tinsel and was getting sick, and I got really upset that my dad was taking care of the cat instead of paying attention to my dog. Weird, huh? Especially since my dad is NOT a cat person (he vehemently hates them actually), but maybe it has something to do with the fact that my brother got a dog this year and will be bringing her when he visits our dad over Christmas...

I also have repeat dreams of being at our old family home that was sold when my parents got a divorce right after I finished high school. But the really weird thing is, in the dreams, usually both my parents will be there, but they still aren''t happy. They avoid each other and don''t talk just like they did in real life...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results