shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry styles you hope will come back?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giant shoulder duster earrings?

Baguette brick settings?

27.gif
What would you like to see stay in the past?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,
I have no idea what styles you are referring to. Do you mind providing example pictures as to what a shoulder duster earrings and baguette brick settings are?
9.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I think yellow gold is making a "comeback" of sorts, which is good. I love yellow gold because white metals tends to look dead on my skin. But for awhile there I was getting the vibe that people thought it looked dated.

I''d like to see more tastefully done turquoise.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... Did you want this to post only in Colored Stones?

I like some of my 80''s earrings. I have some Italian enameled ones, panthers with black spots and ruby eyes. The workmanship is excellent. I also have dolphins with emerald eyes that wrap around the back of the ear. Both are buttery yellow gold with texture. They are so out of style now, but I love them.

I also still have my gold add a bead necklace. If they make a comeback, I''m ready. I loved collecting the beads. That was so much fun.
Add a pearl necklaces are still alive here in the Deep South for little girls, and I love them.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 5:22:22 AM
Author:Gypsy
Giant shoulder duster earrings?

Baguette brick settings?

27.gif
What would you like to see stay in the past?

Comeback item - Long long long strands of pearls

Stay in the past item - Really dark reddish brown garnets and "blue-black" sapphires (runs away quickly from my friend who luuurves blue black sapphires
6.gif
)

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Filigree! Its nowhere to be found inless its antique and $$$$$.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
bring back - rose gold.

beveling - especially with internal milgrain. it used to be so common in the 20/30''s. and it was delicate and gorgeous. now - you almost NEVER see it on rings. pendants - sometimes - rings - never.

never wanna see again - 1970''s style cocktail rings with looooots of little diamonds and no focus or design quotient of any kind. i''m thinking about one my aunt used to wear - prong set flower style with rows and rows of small diamonds - all prong set. the whole thing must have had at LEAST 200 prongs on the head of it, and it was MASSIVE.

puke.

(sorry aunty glenda)

20.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know that it qualifies as jewellery... remember those yellow plasticy rubbery Livestrong bracelets that everyone wore as a necessary fashion item? They were actually thoughtful and meaningful, supportive gestures, once upon a time, but then the trend caught on...And the subsequent abundance of fakies, and derivatives... People in HS had yellows, pinks, greens, blues down their forearms.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:27:21 AM
Author: yssie
I don''t know that it qualifies as jewellery... remember those yellow plasticy rubbery Livestrong bracelets that everyone wore as a necessary fashion item? They were actually thoughtful and meaningful, supportive gestures, once upon a time, but then the trend caught on...And the subsequent abundance of fakies, and derivatives... people in HS had yellows, pinks, greens, blues down their forearms.

cant we just get rid of teenagers?

i''m sorry - did i say that out loud?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/18/2010 10:28:21 AM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 1/18/2010 10:27:21 AM
Author: yssie
I don't know that it qualifies as jewellery... remember those yellow plasticy rubbery Livestrong bracelets that everyone wore as a necessary fashion item? They were actually thoughtful and meaningful, supportive gestures, once upon a time, but then the trend caught on...And the subsequent abundance of fakies, and derivatives... people in HS had yellows, pinks, greens, blues down their forearms.

cant we just get rid of teenagers?

i'm sorry - did i say that out loud?
Ditto! *as half the neighborhood is wiping the F word in mustard from our cars from a teenage 'fun night out'* I am caging my kids once they hit 13. (to keep this on topic, kids do kinda become a fashion accessory right?)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, all I can say is that you can keep all jewelry styles from the 70's, 80's and early 90's away from me. I'm know some people like them, but they're not my thing.

If I had to go back to an era that I absolutely adored for jewelry, it would be the Edwardian, Art Nouveau, and Art Deco periods. I'm not really into Victoriana and early 19th century jewelry (wearing the hair of dead people doesn't suit me). However, I do also love 16th and 17th century jewelry as well. I also love Asian jewelry from centuries back as well. Too bad we can't find gems that are in their pristine untouched condition as they were back then as well. It seems like nowadays everything and anything is nuked, dyed, diffused, filled, coated, pressure cooked . . . etc. . .

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Want To Come Back ---- Add-A-Beads!!! Eh, just nostalgic I guess. And along those lines Tin Cup necklaces. Pendant watches.

Want To Disappear ---- Cameos, Cameo chokers on black ribbon (shudder), Ear-stretchy holey things and - a personal & irrational peeve: pendants hanging out of a cowl neck sweater -- vaulted up over the cowl & dangling. Rings with dangly bits.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 10:26:34 AM
Author: whitby_2773
bring back - rose gold.

beveling - especially with internal milgrain. it used to be so common in the 20/30''s. and it was delicate and gorgeous. now - you almost NEVER see it on rings. pendants - sometimes - rings - never.

never wanna see again - 1970''s style cocktail rings with looooots of little diamonds and no focus or design quotient of any kind. i''m thinking about one my aunt used to wear - prong set flower style with rows and rows of small diamonds - all prong set. the whole thing must have had at LEAST 200 prongs on the head of it, and it was MASSIVE.

puke.

(sorry aunty glenda)

20.gif
Oh, I think it''s made a come back, much to some people''s chagrin. I find that people either love it or hate it (and you people know who you are
2.gif
).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
I most certainly do!
9.gif

Rose gold should be consigned to the past I''m afraid UNLESS it''s to compliment a pink diamond
9.gif
Sorry to all the rose gold fans!

The only real "hate" that I have that I hope never makes a return is the 70s and 80s engagement rings that were popular in the UK (not sure if they managed to invade the rest of the world) where it was thousands of small diamonds made up to look like a flower type pattern) or a pyramid effect eugh!
20.gif

What do I want to see the return of? Nothing really because it then puts the price up!
9.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 12:49:34 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
2.gif
I most certainly do!
9.gif

Rose gold should be consigned to the past I''m afraid UNLESS it''s to compliment a pink diamond
9.gif
Sorry to all the rose gold fans!

The only real ''hate'' that I have that I hope never makes a return is the 70s and 80s engagement rings that were popular in the UK (not sure if they managed to invade the rest of the world) where it was thousands of small diamonds made up to look like a flower type pattern) or a pyramid effect eugh!
20.gif

What do I want to see the return of? Nothing really because it then puts the price up!
9.gif

My engagement ring is rose gold
7.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
MORE "GET RID OF" WISHES (and am ducking for sure)
* ballerina settings
* floating diamonds .... especially in watches
* claddagh rings
* tension settings
6.gif

* wide "hammered" bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results