shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry and silver cleaner? Ultrasonic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m looking to buy an ultrasonic cleaner for my jewelry, but I was also wondering, if there''s a model that would clean my table silver? I read almost all the threads about US, but didn''t find a unit big ehough to stick my forks, knives, etc... Should I even try to clean my table silver in an US? If not, what is the best way?

Thanks!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have a thread on Rockytalky about ultrasonics, and I have added in your question as well there. Hopefully we will both get some info!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about the US, but I clean by silver (jewelery, flatware, vases,) with an old method. You just line a plastic container with aluminum foil (I usually use a doubled up piece) and fill about half way with really warm water. Then you just add a couple tablespoons of baking soda and let it dissolve. Add your silver and you can actually watch it become white and shiny again. You may have to change out the water a couple times, and you may need to use a toothbrush in the nooks and crannies but it works great! I''ve been wanting to try it with one of those disposable aluminum pans and skip the foil, it seems like that might work, too. I usually use the disposable plastic lids off a 13x9 when I''m cleaning large items.

Good Luck!

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LitigatorChick and Somethingshiny!

I''m following your thread in the Rocky Talky already, but thanks for adding my question there, LitigatorChick (are you a lawyer? - sorry for being nosy
1.gif
).

We''re having a dinner party this week, and I will try the foil-soda method for now, and see what else I find. Thanks for the advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results