shape
carat
color
clarity

jeweler touched up my platinum prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone
35.gif

i got my diamond set at Kays, needless to say they did a horrible job and didnt cover the feather with the prongs, and one of the prongs werent even on the stone (it was up above it) and buffed out the 14 K stamp that was supposed to be inside the ring (i was pretty P O''d). SO, i took it to a local jewler, and he rotated the diamond to cover the feather, and closed all of the prongs tightly over the stone, and restamped the 14K. WELL, when i got it back I noticed that the platinum prongs were knicked pretty noticeably.....should i take it back to him, is there anything he can do? Thanks

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kNight,

Yes, there''s a pretty good chance he can fix that as well. While you''re at it, tell us the name of the jeweler, there are undoubtably other people in your town who are looking for a good craftsman and it sounds like you''ve got a keeper. Help out your neighbors, and him, and give him a plug.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results