shape
carat
color
clarity

jersey girls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I just read that there is going to be Real Housewives of NJ.. i am so excited... thoughts?

pixie1216

Rough_Rock
what!! why, they already did one in nyc, close enough!
28.gif
i know there are a lot of affluent areas in nj, but i think the most cosmopolitan areas are closest to nyc, which would be like the nyc housewives. do you know where in nj they will be from? (p.s. i'm from nj, about 20-25 min. from manhattan-no traffic of course!) i watched the atlanta wives last night and wondered where they would do it next. they have done west coast, east coast, the south, i guess midwest is due they turn! where did you read that?

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
BTW.. i asked to have this moved but it has not been doen yet..

i am from Jersey too... Bergen county actually and it is apparantly being filmed in Franklin Lakes. I think that its a great idea... no one understands that nj is beautiful and that we are one of the wealthiest states in the country.. should be interesting. I hope that people can see that we are not all turnpikes big hair and accents!!
20.gif

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
That would be incredible! I''d definitely watch. I''m a Bergen County girl (who is now stuck in the South) so it would be nice to see some familiar sites on tv.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 2:52:57 PM
Author: DiamondsforDee
That would be incredible! I''d definitely watch. I''m a Bergen County girl (who is now stuck in the South) so it would be nice to see some familiar sites on tv.
what part of bergen county? i miss nJ so so much.

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 2:48:40 PM
Author: cbs102
I hope that people can see that we are not all turnpikes big hair and accents!!
20.gif
Oooh, interesting! I think it could be great. I especially hope it dispells some of the NJ myths also. Although, with shows like this they tend to pick stereotypes so maybe not. Still interesting either way.
I am a Jersey girl also, now stuck in South Jersey though. --which makes me think, wouldn''t so many people be suprised that I am practically surrounded by all farmland? Jersey is funny like that.....everyone pictures how it looks on the Turnpike and the sopranos...

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 2:48:40 PM
BTW.. i asked to have this moved but it has not been doen yet..

i am from Jersey too... Bergen county actually and it is apparantly being filmed in Franklin Lakes. I think that its a great idea... no one understands that nj is beautiful and that we are one of the wealthiest states in the country.. should be interesting. I hope that people can see that we are not all turnpikes big hair and accents!!
20.gif

I LOVE real housewives and grew up in franklin lakes!!! I am excited to see if I recognize anyone!!! So excited!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i great up in bergen county, too!! a have a lot of family and friends in the franklin lakes & alpine area. should be interesting to see how this show pans out. hahaha. maybe this will change people''s opinions of jersey....i would hardly call a place like franklin lakes...the "armpit of america". hahahaha

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 11:04:24 AM
Author: waitingpatiently
i great up in bergen county, too!! a have a lot of family and friends in the franklin lakes & alpine area. should be interesting to see how this show pans out. hahaha. maybe this will change people''s opinions of jersey....i would hardly call a place like franklin lakes...the ''armpit of america''. hahahaha
I am so over the stereotypes.. they are so ridulous.. big hair... seriously??? and who says Joisey... NO ONE. i know that they have been filming in ridgewood, wyckoff, wayne and other various areas around bergen county. i am so damn excited to see my neck of the woods on tv again!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
that's great!! I'll definitely watch. I grew up in South Jersey (near all those farms!!), but currently live in Hudson county. My DH is from Bergen County.

waitingpatiently - I had to laugh at your "armpit of america" comment....I remember when someone on here said that! I was sooooooooooo pissed, but didn't say anything as I rather not start argument.

ETA - When I went to college in No. VA, EVERYONE would say "oh you're from Joisey?" OH MY GOODNESS PEOPLE!!!! NO ONE says that!!! It was sooooooooo annoying!!!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
you know.. i have lived in many different states across the country and there is not place that i long for MORE than NJ. i love every single thing about it.. the fast talking, the fast compentant drivers... the beauty- yes, i said beauty. the mountains, the shore...the amazing mansions of saddle river, alpine, and franklin lakes. i also love that people in NJ don''t bulls*it you. you know EXACTLY what you are going to get. i am done with my rant! i have noticed that i have had to defend my state so often lately.. and its irritating. people should go and visit before they make a generalization.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 12:03:08 PM
you know.. i have lived in many different states across the country and there is not place that i long for MORE than NJ. i love every single thing about it.. the fast talking, the fast compentant drivers... the beauty- yes, i said beauty. the mountains, the shore...the amazing mansions of saddle river, alpine, and franklin lakes. i also love that people in NJ don''t bulls*it you. you know EXACTLY what you are going to get. i am done with my rant! i have noticed that i have had to defend my state so often lately.. and its irritating. people should go and visit before they make a generalization.

I am not from NJ but my FF is (South Jersey) and I have to admit that I have been terribly guilty of placing these stereotypes on people from NJ. The one that made me laugh out loud listed above is the "fast competent drivers". I fear for my life whenever I have to pass through NJ to drive home to New England. I really think that its not scary when you''ve grown up with it and you expect people to cut you off, not use turn signals, and drive way too fast. I suppose if you were looking at NJ drivers during rush hour from a birds eye view it would probably resemble some sort of organized chaos. FF drives just like that and I pretty much have to shut my eyes when I am in the car with him or else I end up doing that thing where you''re grabbing for the "oh s**t" handle on the door and mashing your foot into the floor for the imaginary brakes.

I have to appreciate New Jersey very much for what has to offer. Parts of the shore are very nice. I haven''t seen any mountains yet but I haven''t seen much of the northwestern parts of the state. I am proud to say that I haven''t used the "armpit of America" term in a very very long time nor would I continue to describe it that way. You guys are right- NJ gets a bad rap and deserves a second look.

Joisey? You''ve got to be kidding me. I bet that would annoy anyone from NJ as much as people asking if I "pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd" when I tell them that I was born in Boston, raised in RI.
29.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:49:39 PM
Author: Clairitek

I am not from NJ but my FF is (South Jersey) and I have to admit that I have been terribly guilty of placing these stereotypes on people from NJ. The one that made me laugh out loud listed above is the ''fast competent drivers''. I fear for my life whenever I have to pass through NJ to drive home to New England. I really think that its not scary when you''ve grown up with it and you expect people to cut you off, not use turn signals, and drive way too fast. I suppose if you were looking at NJ drivers during rush hour from a birds eye view it would probably resemble some sort of organized chaos. FF drives just like that and I pretty much have to shut my eyes when I am in the car with him or else I end up doing that thing where you''re grabbing for the ''oh s**t'' handle on the door and mashing your foot into the floor for the imaginary brakes.

I have to appreciate New Jersey very much for what has to offer. Parts of the shore are very nice. I haven''t seen any mountains yet but I haven''t seen much of the northwestern parts of the state. I am proud to say that I haven''t used the ''armpit of America'' term in a very very long time nor would I continue to describe it that way. You guys are right- NJ gets a bad rap and deserves a second look.

Joisey? You''ve got to be kidding me. I bet that would annoy anyone from NJ as much as people asking if I ''pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd'' when I tell them that I was born in Boston, raised in RI.
29.gif
now i have to giggle... i too lived in RI before i moved to NJ (east greenwich)..my mom was raised there as well... and we all kid that RI drivers are the WORST on the planet... so who knows. i think jersey drivers are deemed crazy..because we kinda have to be. if you are not a defensive driver in the state than you are screwed!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:56:05 PM
now i have to giggle... i too lived in RI before i moved to NJ (east greenwich)..my mom was raised there as well... and we all kid that RI drivers are the WORST on the planet... so who knows. i think jersey drivers are deemed crazy..because we kinda have to be. if you are not a defensive driver in the state than you are screwed!!!
Agreed!!

I''m not sure why RI drivers have such a bad reputation. MA drivers scare me almost as much as NJ ones.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock

I am not from NJ but my FF is (South Jersey) and I have to admit that I have been terribly guilty of placing these stereotypes on people from NJ. The one that made me laugh out loud listed above is the ''fast competent drivers''. I fear for my life whenever I have to pass through NJ to drive home to New England. I really think that its not scary when you''ve grown up with it and you expect people to cut you off, not use turn signals, and drive way too fast. I suppose if you were looking at NJ drivers during rush hour from a birds eye view it would probably resemble some sort of organized chaos. FF drives just like that and I pretty much have to shut my eyes when I am in the car with him or else I end up doing that thing where you''re grabbing for the ''oh s**t'' handle on the door and mashing your foot into the floor for the imaginary brakes.

I have to appreciate New Jersey very much for what has to offer. Parts of the shore are very nice. I haven''t seen any mountains yet but I haven''t seen much of the northwestern parts of the state. I am proud to say that I haven''t used the ''armpit of America'' term in a very very long time nor would I continue to describe it that way. You guys are right- NJ gets a bad rap and deserves a second look.

Joisey? You''ve got to be kidding me. I bet that would annoy anyone from NJ as much as people asking if I ''pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd'' when I tell them that I was born in Boston, raised in RI.
29.gif
i am suprised that people don''t say "oh my gaad.. you ah so wicked queea (you are so wicked queer)
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 2:17:50 PM

29.gif
i am suprised that people don''t say ''oh my gaad.. you ah so wicked queea (you are so wicked queer)
1.gif

Haha... I do get teased about the word "wicked" a lot. I also get asked why I don''t have an accent. The reason I don''t have one is that I have worked to pronounce words with a "generic" American accent like you''d find on a national news broadcast. I found that when I started going to URI a little bit of the RI accent crept in. It was being around all those northern RIers (Cranston, Warwick -aka wahwick, Providence, and Pawtucket).

Do you have any idea when they will air this new Housewives of NJ? Something tells me that this show isn''t going to do much to dispell the stereotypes that the rest of the country believes apply to people from NJ.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i am not sure although they are filming it now.. guarantee they will have the token italian princess on there...eh, you take it with a grain of salt i guess... i come from North jersey where they are filming.. i do not have big hair, nor do i ahve fake nails..or an accent (but it does sneak out when i have had a few drinks)... i feel lucky to have grown up there but you are right..i will be defending my beloved state the minute this show hits there air!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results