shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Jeff White Pink Spinel Asscher Ring

ihy138|1391712704|3609348 said:
Gorgeous stone! I am drooling over that color - like candy! :love: :love:
Thank you! I'm so in love with it. And pink is NOT my favorite color by far!

More pics! Still from yesterday though! I will take more when my daughter goes to take her nap.

pink_asscher4.jpg

pink_asscher7.jpg

pink_asscher11.jpg

pink_asscher17.jpg

Beyond amazing.....so excited for you!

Lori

Oh, Freke... This is my dream ring...Seriously, i look at it and it makes me happy!! Imagine how i'd feel if i wore it!!!
Congrats on this beauty... :appl: :appl: :appl:

More...Some of these were taken in my garage yesterday while someone refused to get out of the car.

pink_asscher19.jpg

pink_asscher21.jpg

pink_asscher24.jpg

pink_asscher27.jpg

Last ones until I take more.

pink_asscher47.jpg

pink_asscher48.jpg

pink_asscher49.jpg

Gorgeous! Amazing color and cut on this stone.

Wow...truly stunning in every way. The color's terrific, faceting is mind-boggling, proportions are perfect. Congrats!
And please share the backstory, details and more pics when you have time.
Way to showcase a stone - wow!

I love this ring!!! Freke I think you have outdone yourself this time this ring is gorgeous :love:

Backstory:

Preloved Jeff White spinel, 3cts, 7.9mm
Preloved tapered baguette setting

The stone was originally commissioned to be an ering. The original owner had it custom set into a Daniel M split shank with pave...and then sold it later on on LoupeTroop when she decided she missed diamonds. Luckily it was to a friend of mine. But my friend didn't love it in the setting. She took the asscher out, put in a light blue spinel and now that ring is one of her favorite pieces. She only decided to sell the asscher...when I talked her into it...ahem, I mean, when she realized that one of her other stones was very similar in color, but larger.

Original thread on the stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-spinel-is-being-shipped.159593/#post-2899962

Original setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nk-asscher-spinel-e-ring-is-here-pics.162567/

The tapered bag setting was the one my Big Blue spinel was in. I had originally bought it from jbkhere - she had a blue spinel in it before. As soon as I saw the asscher in hand, I knew it would be perfect in the tapered baguette setting. I've hard the hardest time figuring out what I want Big Blue to live in. So, for now, it's loose, and probably will remain that way until I figure out a forever home....far into the future! My bling budget is totally tapped out.

Her thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-spinel-is-mounted.177909/

My thread with Big Blue in the setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-spinel-blue-sapphire-an-oldie.185246/

More pics that I took while sitting here at the computer. I think that darker orange pink is coming from my cabinets - a orange-y honey oak color.

p_asscher.jpg

p_asscher2.jpg

p_asscher3.jpg

p_asscher4.jpg

OMG WOW Freke, this ring is absolutely stunning!! :love: :love: I love the baguette band paired with it too (I'm a bit partial to baguettes myself...). Perfect set -- it's looks gorgeous on you. :appl:

Oh my word. I should NOT have opened this thread. No no no :nono: Seriously want :lickout: So jealous :mrgreen:
Goooorrrr- geous! :love:

Holy C :love: W!!!!!!
Stunning. I l :love: ve it !!!!!

It's cold (for here) and rainy (WOOHOO! We need it!) here today, but I went outside anyway.

_14581.jpg

_14582.jpg

_14583.jpg

_14584.jpg

Lots and lots of orange, purple and blue flashes...

_14585.jpg

_14586.jpg

_14587.jpg

_14588.jpg

And last bunch.

A couple without the band.

Hope you enjoyed! :wavey: :wavey:

asscher10.jpg

_14589.jpg

_14590.jpg

_14591.jpg

FrekeChild|1391717927|3609404 said:
Backstory:

Preloved Jeff White spinel, 3cts, 7.9mm
Preloved tapered baguette setting

The stone was originally commissioned to be an ering. The original owner had it custom set into a Daniel M split shank with pave...and then sold it later on on LoupeTroop when she decided she missed diamonds. Luckily it was to a friend of mine. But my friend didn't love it in the setting. She took the asscher out, put in a light blue spinel and now that ring is one of her favorite pieces. She only decided to sell the asscher...when I talked her into it...ahem, I mean, when she realized that one of her other stones was very similar in color, but larger.

Original thread on the stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-spinel-is-being-shipped.159593/#post-2899962

Original setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nk-asscher-spinel-e-ring-is-here-pics.162567/

The tapered bag setting was the one my Big Blue spinel was in. I had originally bought it from jbkhere - she had a blue spinel in it before. As soon as I saw the asscher in hand, I knew it would be perfect in the tapered baguette setting. I've hard the hardest time figuring out what I want Big Blue to live in. So, for now, it's loose, and probably will remain that way until I figure out a forever home....far into the future! My bling budget is totally tapped out.

Her thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-spinel-is-mounted.177909/

My thread with Big Blue in the setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-spinel-blue-sapphire-an-oldie.185246/

More pics that I took while sitting here at the computer. I think that darker orange pink is coming from my cabinets - a orange-y honey oak color.

Wow, FrekeChild - what incredible luck with the stone - I was waiting for the whole story :-)

OMG. It positively glows! It's ethereal and dreamy and I think I am swooning (whatever that is exactly haha). :love: :love: :love: You can get lost in those dreamy facets.
Thank you for the extra pics. It is so gorgeous Freke... wear in much health and happiness always.

I'm swooning over this set! I love the color of the spinel...looks just gorgeous on you!! :love: :love:

WOW!!! That stone is simply gorgeous :love: The bag setting is absolutely perfect for it. I am seriously jealous of this ring :Up_to_something:
You always find the most amazing stones :appl:

That is a GORGEOUS stone!! :love: :love: :love: Oh how I would LOVE to have a Jeff White asscher spinel!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am happy this one went to someone who'd really appreciate it, though! A wonderful addition to your collection!

Yeah. It looks kinda okay. :cheeky:

beautiful result! that colour... OMG.

Loooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrlllyy

I'm a huge pink spinel fan, but not really an asscher fan...until now. That is just breathtakingly gorgeous!!! :love:

*swoooooon* It's GORGEOUS! Those steps!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

It's absolutely perfect with the band, and I love the shade of pink! So fresh!

How can it be so perfect in *every single picture*!!! This ring is just blowing my mind. The stone, setting, and band are all just made for each other. Good work, Freke!

Love it!

It's ALMOST enough to make me want a pink stone :P

natyLad - thank you! I look at it and it makes me happy too!

baby monster - thank you! Jeff really is a master!

gemmyblond - thank you! I can't believe how it came out!

artdecogirl - It's ridiculous ho giddy I feel to own something so pretty. I think it's very much at the top of my favorites list!

staci76 - I never realized until about a year ago how much I would love step cut stones, when I got this band and bought an emerald cut spinel. And I haven't looked back since! Thank you!!!

blingymo - LOL! Thank you!

Scarlett1 - thank you!

endless_summer - Right?! Luck luck luck! JW stones do NOT come up secondhand, and if they do, they are snapped the heck up fast!

missy - thank you! What is swooning anyway? Hah! Doesn't matter, I do it when I look at it too!

SparklyOEC - thank you! I wasn't a pink lover before, but I sure am now!

woofmama - Thank you! I think it looks so much better with the asscher than it did with my round.

diamondseeker2006 - thank you! It's certainly different from everything else that I have!

NKOTB - hah! Thanks!

gregchang35 - thank you! I know, when I joined PS, I never thought I'd buy a pink ring!

Winks_Elf - ME EITHER! And I'm head over heels in lurrrrve!!!!

petit_bijou - Thank you friend!

GemFever - Thank you! I actually send some pics to Jeff and he complimented my photography, which was really nice and unexpected. I didn't have to do much - the ring is just so beautiful!

MTG - Hah! If I can convert you to pink, I'll consider my work here done! Thanks!

I know you won't reply, but I'm really happy that you got this spinel...Jeff's pink asscher spinels are truly amazing and are rare.

Lori

I remember seeing that a few years ago on his web site and saying WOW. Such a gorgeous color and it is cut so perfectly. Just amazing :love:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP