shape
carat
color
clarity

jcrow and others in Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I''m over in Canada so I''m not sure how accurate these reports are but I am sitting watching the news and heard that Ike hit Galveston very hard and Houston too but that flooding and damage extends as far as Louisiana and am just hoping all the PSers there especially jcrow b/c I know you are from there are safe and ok and that your homes are fine and those of your relatives too.
Please let us know when you have time.
You are in my thoughts

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thank you so much for thinking of me and others in ike''s path. sorry it took a bit to see this thread. i been a bit busy
5.gif

good news is that we are safe and sound again. thank goodness. i was VERY worried, however since we were soo close to ike and had it moved just a tad more east, youch. that said, i know ike affected a lot of people. so terrible. i''m soooo tired of these hurricanes. they are extremely stressful and worrisome.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 10:24:38 PM
Author: jcrow
thank you so much for thinking of me and others in ike''s path. sorry it took a bit to see this thread. i been a bit busy
5.gif

good news is that we are safe and sound again. thank goodness. i was VERY worried, however since we were soo close to ike and had it moved just a tad more east, youch. that said, i know ike affected a lot of people. so terrible. i''m soooo tired of these hurricanes. they are extremely stressful and worrisome.
So glad you are OK jcrow, I was thinking of you. Scary indeed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/15/2008 10:24:38 PM

thank you so much for thinking of me and others in ike's path. sorry it took a bit to see this thread. i been a bit busy
5.gif

good news is that we are safe and sound again. thank goodness. i was VERY worried, however since we were soo close to ike and had it moved just a tad more east, youch. that said, i know ike affected a lot of people. so terrible. i'm soooo tired of these hurricanes. they are extremely stressful and worrisome.

Exactly where are you in Louisiana, jcrow?

Deborah
34.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 8:41:18 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
9/15/2008 10:24:38 PM

5.gif

Exactly where are you in Louisiana, jcrow?

Deborah

34.gif

if it''s ok, i''d prefer not to say
5.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''m from South LA - very close to the Gulf - I''ve since moved to a larger city, but my parents have been in their home for 35 years - the flood waters from Ike''s surge came up VERY fast. Everyone who had water in their homes when Rita hit had water once again - this is such a blow to these people.

Thankfully, my parents built their home very high and were lucky to not get water in their home for both Ike and Rita - but it''s heartbreaking to watch our neighbors and family members do all their can to salvage their belongings (for the 2nd time in three years) as water is rising in their homes
7.gif
And when I say water, I mean seeing waves roll in....

I''m actually going home this weekend to help 2 uncles and a few family friends HOSE out their homes and clean and salvage whatever we can
38.gif
....can you imagine taking a HOSE into your home?!

West Louisiana (closer to Texas) once again received a heavy blow - it''s hard to imagine how some of these people will rebuild again after so soon - I imagine many will not come home
38.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 5:23:52 PM
Author: Cleopatra
I''m from South LA - very close to the Gulf - I''ve since moved to a larger city, but my parents have been in their home for 35 years - the flood waters from Ike''s surge came up VERY fast. Everyone who had water in their homes when Rita hit had water once again - this is such a blow to these people.

Thankfully, my parents built their home very high and were lucky to not get water in their home for both Ike and Rita - but it''s heartbreaking to watch our neighbors and family members do all their can to salvage their belongings (for the 2nd time in three years) as water is rising in their homes
7.gif
And when I say water, I mean seeing waves roll in....

I''m actually going home this weekend to help 2 uncles and a few family friends HOSE out their homes and clean and salvage whatever we can
38.gif
....can you imagine taking a HOSE into your home?!

West Louisiana (closer to Texas) once again received a heavy blow - it''s hard to imagine how some of these people will rebuild again after so soon - I imagine many will not come home
38.gif

i''m happy you are safe too. you know, hubs and i were thinking the same thing... if something were to happen, i just don''t know if i could rebuild and stay. i have friends in nola that did. and with the scare of gustav, they said the same thing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/16/2008 5:04:09 PM

if it''s ok, i''d prefer not to say
Absolutely! I was just being friendly. :)

Deborah
34.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I just saw this, I''m so glad to hear you are ok jcrow and I just feel terrible for all the thousands affected by the last batch of hurricanes it is really unfortunate.
Fingers crossed a break for all those affected so that they can start to rebuild their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results