shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer-Sale?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I got an email ad from James Meyer Jewelry saying they will have a sale soon.

I don't really care, because unless he's going half price, it's all out of my price range right now. :rolleyes:

Thought I'd mention it, because apparently it's a "once in 40 years" thing (statement from the email) and maybe somebody on here would be happy to hear it.

He didn't say when the sale would start, but I will tell you when I know. Or maybe I will tell you after I have gotten all the deep discount stuff :naughty:

http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, everyone of James Meyer's customers got it. I think it is worth while if you like his workmanship because it is a class of its own.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Workmanship, yes, and his styling. He manages a simple elegance that's completely individual - you'd know his pieces anywhere. Wish he still worked with outside stones.

--- laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I agree, his work is stunning. I'm just pouty because I don't own any . . . 8)

I inquired about setting one of my own stones, I guess that's why I'm on the list.

I'll still post when the sale actually arrives, in case there are any lurkers or non-customers interested.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1290108022|2771623 said:
Oh, I agree, his work is stunning. I'm just pouty because I don't own any . . . 8)

I inquired about setting one of my own stones, I guess that's why I'm on the list.

I'll still post when the sale actually arrives, in case there are any lurkers or non-customers interested.

I'd appreciate that, because while I haven't actually bought anything from him yet, he has definitely been on my radar.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Jim will be focusing on his other interests from now on - so if you love his style - be sure to check out what he has available

the sale is soon and IMO the discount quite good

if I can - I will be sure to snap up one of the rings I have had my eye on

I adore my JM ering and to date his delicate work still makes my heart sing

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the heads up; it’s a good time to get a very well made piece of jewellery at a discount. I shall be on the lookout as well.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
heliotrope|1290112194|2771733 said:
Jim will be focusing on his other interests from now on -

So, will he no longer be making jewelry?

--- Laurie

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
well - he cut back on taking outside stones about 6 months ago as he wanted to focus on print making and furniture making again

he has many amazing talents from what I learnt on my one visit to his studio (so far from my home in AU) last year

from what he tells me - he wants to spend more time in other areas these days for a change

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'll be watching, also!

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll be watching for the sale too..no hope to get anything but I'll still check it out.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting for this sale, too, but can't get anything. Hopefully, we'll have some PS eye candy!!! :naughty:

Lori

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
His designs are so beautiful. However, does anyone know whether any of the coloured stones (esp. sapphires) are treated?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Virgoruby,
My guess is that the treatment on his sapphires will vary; some might be heated and some might not be. I don’t think a designer pays as much attention to gem treatment as us gem lovers.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono, I suppose the best thing is to ask Mr James Meyer himself..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
virgoruby|1290172788|2772744 said:
Thanks Chrono, I suppose the best thing is to ask Mr James Meyer himself..

Agreed.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In general, I tend to agree with you, Chrono. Actually, I have been thinking about it for a while.

Not about anyone specifically, but I think "inspiration" is an inexplicable thing, and an artist can be inspired by a tiny branch of coral, or a small pearl, and then he/she will create a beautiful piece around this coral or pearl. And it is a thing of art, and we buy it as such, because of its beauty. Rarely because of the jem.

When we buy a stone, many factors come into play. Color, of course, and beauty, but also rarity, absence of treatments, types of inclusions. I imagine that sometimes it may be difficult for an artist to work around client's stone because it may simply not inspire him. Or a stone is too soft for the artist to set it the way he would want to... Either way, it is hard.

Agent P

Rough_Rock
Oh, I want a James Meyer ring so badly! It is up there on my list with a Van Craeynest. :cheeky:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed him a few days ago to ask when the sale would be, if all his inventory was included and what % "off" things would be. He said all his inventory would be on sale and to watch the site for further updates.

Agent P

Rough_Rock
I keep stalking his web site. I want a James Meyer piece so bad even if DH kills me! LOL

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Agent P|1290463905|2775839 said:
I keep stalking his web site. I want a James Meyer piece so bad even if DH kills me! LOL
A JM piece is worth ANY punishment!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
SALE IS ON! GO! GO! GO!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, looks like 35% off.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still can't afford anything. And honestly, the one piece I covet from the tips of my toes is Uppy's 3 stone, so if I did have the money for anything, that'd be the one!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1290532248|2776778 said:
Still can't afford anything. And honestly, the one piece I covet from the tips of my toes is Uppy's 3 stone, so if I did have the money for anything, that'd be the one!
Me too, but pin 1343 is really nice

Agent P

Rough_Rock
The ring I really want is still a tad too high for my budget. :( *sigh*

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Thank you so much for the heads up. The one I wanted is gone already. LOL (the 3 stone diamond with the blackened silver) but I'm sure it went to a wonderful owner. I've always wanted James Meyer ring!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
*EVERYTHING* is too far outside of my puny budget...LOL! I've always admired JM's work but not his prices!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results