shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His prices, too.
Much better than what other people charge

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I had a lovely chat with him a little while ago about his settings. What a nice man. I was also pleasantly surprised by his prices too
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Crasru, have you talked with him regarding a specific stone or mounting?

It certainly is NO secret that I love his work!! He is the kindest man to work with also!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He charges surprisingly reasonable fees for excellent custom work that is not only well done but jaw droppingly gorgeous.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 1:37:23 PM
Author: Chrono
He charges surprisingly reasonable fees for excellent custom work that is not only well done but jaw droppingly gorgeous.
+1

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yup the guys really nice and does great work. He set a spess for me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but don''t be concerned: there is a long waiting list, and I am not a bride so I am not in a hurry.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Not concerned, just interested....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part of the reason I decided to go with him is that he sounded so nice. I spoke to another jeweler, or rather, his representative, and the guy''s voice was so "uncouthed" that I instantaneously disliked the jeweler - and I never spoke to him!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
What I also love about Jim (of course plus one to everything said above);
is that he hasn''t taken advantage of his PS popularity and raised the prices of his settings.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!
But here is what surprises me...I am leafing through "Masters", a gook on gem designers. I read the names, then went to their websites. All of them are award-winners, all talented. Some of the charge delusional prices, some still stay within decent range. I guess it partially depends on a person...also, the quality of website may be an indirect indicator of the price. If you see beautiful videos, movies, all modern knick-knacks and "call for prices" on the bottom - run away, and fast!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 1:20:36 AM
Author: crasru
Ditto!
But here is what surprises me...I am leafing through ''Masters'', a gook on gem designers. I read the names, then went to their websites. All of them are award-winners, all talented. Some of the charge delusional prices, some still stay within decent range. I guess it partially depends on a person...also, the quality of website may be an indirect indicator of the price. If you see beautiful videos, movies, all modern knick-knacks and ''call for prices'' on the bottom - run away, and fast!
yes, i''m always wary when prices are not stated on the website at the outset (unless it''s for some honker of a fancy colored diamond or something!)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 8:06:37 AM
Author: rosetta

Ditto!
But here is what surprises me...I am leafing through ''Masters'', a gook on gem designers. I read the names, then went to their websites. All of them are award-winners, all talented. Some of the charge delusional prices, some still stay within decent range. I guess it partially depends on a person...also, the quality of website may be an indirect indicator of the price. If you see beautiful videos, movies, all modern knick-knacks and ''call for prices'' on the bottom - run away, and fast!
yes, i''m always wary when prices are not stated on the website at the outset (unless it''s for some honker of a fancy colored diamond or something!)
I think it can be somewhat misleading when prices are marked on pieces listed on a website (although Jim does this) because those prices are for the finished piece as shown. I know, for the pieces I''ve commissioned through James Meyer, I have provided the stones, so the cost of the finished piece is much lower than the website describes because he did not need to source the stone or factor having that cash tied up into his overhead.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2010 11:29:55 AM
Author: Upgradable

Ditto!
I think it can be somewhat misleading when prices are marked on pieces listed on a website (although Jim does this) because those prices are for the finished piece as shown. I know, for the pieces I''ve commissioned through James Meyer, I have provided the stones, so the cost of the finished piece is much lower than the website describes because he did not need to source the stone or factor having that cash tied up into his overhead.
BTW I have not answered your question. I sent him a tiny ruby as a first try.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2010 11:29:55 AM
Author: Upgradable

Ditto!
I too hate it when web sites don''t tell me the prices. I love to shop around and that makes it hard.

Oh Upgradable that''s a good point! Guess without emailing him it would be hard to guess the cost of a setting only.

Crasru -- do keep us posted about your stone/setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results