shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen - colored stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a colored stones set into any James Allen settings? I was just browsing that site and the prices are pretty affordable for some of the settings that I like. I assume they will set your colored stones? If you have James Allen settings please post. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not but I did spy some pretty settings.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
BEG does - I think her Homer sapph is in the JA common prong solitiare, no?

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:39:52 AM
Author:hoofbeats95
Does anyone have a colored stones set into any James Allen settings? I was just browsing that site and the prices are pretty affordable for some of the settings that I like. I assume they will set your colored stones? If you have James Allen settings please post. :)

They will set them, but they''ll charge $150 extra for outside stones. It''s in their FAQ. There was a gorgeous stone on here in the timeless setting a few weeks ago - don''t remember who''s it was, but it looked very nice.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oh shoot. Well then it would make more sense to order the setting and have a local jeweler set the stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just about to say the same thing as Magenta, I talked with them directly and yes it is a whopping $150 setting fee.. the timeless the other poster had was in green gold I beleive, very beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$150 is a hefty fee to set an outside stone. Will JA sell the setting without setting it?

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 7:31:15 PM
Author: Chrono
$150 is a hefty fee to set an outside stone. Will JA sell the setting without setting it?

I was recently reading the FAQ, and looking at it again - it appears that they will. Might be worth trying.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:09:54 AM
Author: arjunajane
BEG does - I think her Homer sapph is in the JA common prong solitiare, no?

Hey AJ! Thanks for remembering - my RH sapphire is indeed in the JA common prong.

HB, here are a few links to the ring: 1, 2, 3, and 4

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:12:23 AM
Author: Magenta
Date: 6/17/2009 9:39:52 AM

Author:hoofbeats95

They will set them, but they''ll charge $150 extra for outside stones. It''s in their FAQ. There was a gorgeous stone on here in the timeless setting a few weeks ago - don''t remember who''s it was, but it looked very nice.

I forgot - I was charged a fee for setting an outside stone, though mine was $100 (and I paid another $50 for them to do claw prongs). This was back in Sept. or Oct. of 2008 though, so I don''t know if they''ve upped it to $150 since.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 7:31:15 PM
Author: Chrono

Oops, sorry for responding in all separate posts, but I believe they will - I would have gotten the setting separately, but after talking with them, we decided it was best to have them custom make the head and set it since the girdle of the sapphire was really thin (I think because of the concave faceting?) and they wanted to get it right.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
mommachristine has one too, in the timeless setting, green gold head and wg shank.

tabulem

Rough_Rock
I emailed JA about this just a couple of weeks ago. They told me it would be $100 to set a sapphire into one of their settings. I also saw $150 in the FAQs, but $100 is what they told me by email.

I am inclined to just pay it so they can make the head right and everything... but how much do you guys think it would cost to have a local jewelery set it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a local jeweller charges depends not only which state you are in but varies from store to store in the same town. I’ve seen some as little as $50 and some up to $150. Since it is a JA setting, I am more inclined to have them set it as well.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 12:15:23 PM
Author: tabulem
I emailed JA about this just a couple of weeks ago. They told me it would be $100 to set a sapphire into one of their settings. I also saw $150 in the FAQs, but $100 is what they told me by email.

I am inclined to just pay it so they can make the head right and everything... but how much do you guys think it would cost to have a local jewelery set it?
for me it was anywhere from $24-$45 (depending on the size of the stone, prongs or complexity of the head) the last two have been $30 for me simple six prongs.

sapphire.panda

Rough_Rock
When I inquired about the James Allen "Etoile" style setting (the best reasonably priced Tiffany Etoile-style setting I''ve seen), I was told that they will only sell their simplest prong settings for outside jewelers to mount the stone in. The setting I was interested in is a heavy half-bezel which has to be custom made for the stone, and they insist on setting it themselves. I believe the $150 setting fee includes insurance against breakage during setting for your stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results