shape
carat
color
clarity

Jadeite Bead Advice 2.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
As I will never own a truly "perfect" strand of jadeite beads (I am a mere mortal lol) I thought I''d shop around for a string I could afford. These are certified natural type "A" Jadeite beads. Yes go? No, wait? I have contacted a suggested jadeite dealer from the forum and found them a bit rude... So I am looking at dealers in Hong Kong... Tell me what you think.

wonderifthiswillwork123.jpg

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Same strand, white background.

maybethistimeillbelucky.jpg

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Again... I know these will have flaws... I cannot spend 100''s of 1000''s of dollars on a strand
39.gif
But I''m hoping for a nice green color with a little bit of translucency...

doyoulikethesebeads.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t contribute much here because I know little about jadeite beads, but I do think these are lovely.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I like green.
I also like pudding.
but puddingstone not so much

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Ermm... Huh? LOL!

jvLin

Rough_Rock
It''s not very translucent, and the colors are uneven on the individual beads, but altogether, they''re not bad. My mother recently bought a single jadeite ring in Shanghai comparable to this: http://www.sothebys.com/images/liveauctions/sneak/sp_generation0505_main1.jpg

....but it was only around 2-3 carats and over 13k USD. So you''re right, an entire string of these will cost a fortune.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would they come with a reputable laboratory memo? I'm not an expert on jade, except that I know it can be artificially enhanced by dying. I would want to know if they're untreated. Aside from that, they're very pretty, but again, I'm not well versed in jadeite.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I understand they come with a government issued certificate.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures are gone, so let's see....

newbeads1213.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the certificate verifiable, and does it list the treatment level, or say "not treated."

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but you know what... I think it is issued form Hong Kong, and I'm not sure it's in English 0.o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, it might be good to have someone who can read the Chinese characters to translate for you.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
soberguy said:
Yes, but you know what... I think it is issued form Hong Kong, and I'm not sure it's in English 0.o

soberguy, the best lab in Hongkong which verify Jadeite is the Hong Kong Jade & Stone Lab. Christie and Sotheby use them to verfiy their Jadeite pieces. This lab is in chinese with english translation. Hope that helps

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
It does! I'll send an e-mail and get the exact name of the certification organization.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results