shape
carat
color
clarity

J VS2 / I SI1 / F-H SI2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

recran

Rough_Rock
We are getting sooo close to getting to the diamond purchase. I''m definitely going to get at least an ideal from WF... also considering EC/ACA... That said... in the price range I''m lloking at, it seems my options are J VS2 or I SI1 or F-H SI2. Whatcha think? Just generally... (When I''m 100% positive we can buy, I''ll be bugging you guys with the stats of the specific diamonds I''m looking at.
28.gif
)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
now why is there no jsi2 on the list? i know you are giving your budget categories, but don''t forget to look at jsi''s as well!

recran

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
emotion-40.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Recran,

It seems to me, although I am fairly new here too, that you should be considering all the combinations that fall in these ranges. I.E. color in F-H, and clarity in VS2-SI2. I don''t think that you necessarily should think that because you''re going "warmer" in color that you have to go higher in clarity, and vice versa. Think of them as independent variables.

Also, I think that a lot of people don''t realize that Is and Js are really quite white, especially with an ideal cut. Unless you are color sensitive, as they say here, don''t be afraid to look in the J-K range. And, there are diamonds out there with SI2 that are eye clean with white inclusions that present a great value.

Do what they all recommend here: put all your budget into the cut.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 9:33:16 PM
Author:recran
We are getting sooo close to getting to the diamond purchase. I''m definitely going to get at least an ideal from WF... also considering EC/ACA... That said... in the price range I''m lloking at, it seems my options are J VS2 or I SI1 or F-H SI2. Whatcha think? Just generally... (When I''m 100% positive we can buy, I''ll be bugging you guys with the stats of the specific diamonds I''m looking at.
28.gif
)
I vote I SI1.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote J SI1 or J SI2!
9.gif

If you are already considering J''s and SI2''s then combine them for the best of both worlds for your budget.

And unfortunately without more info on the STONES themselves, its really hard to say definitively what to tell you to choose. What are we comparing here other than the color/clarity?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I vote for F, SI2. For me, color comes before clarity
21.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for I/SI1. It''s a beeeeautiful combo.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size stone are you looking for. If size is a big factor then I would say an Ideal cut J SI1, or SI2 as long as it''s eye clean. It will face up very white and give you a bigger size than if you go for say and F SI2, etc...

recran

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at around 1.1-1.3 carats, at worst a round "ideal" through WhiteFlash. Definitely going GIA/AGS (I plan to upgrade). And I might go for ACA or ES. I''d LOVE to do bigger than this range, but I am totally sold on going for a smaller but high quality diamond with the upgrade thing in mind for a few years down the road. The diamond budget would be totally maxed at $6K, and I''d love to get something for closer to $5-5,500. That said, the stones that are meeting my cut and price requirements are all J VS2 or SI1 / I SI / F-H SI2. I''ve seen beautiful J diamonds IRL, so I trust that a GIA/AGS J is going to look good to me. I did, however, prefer the look of the EGL G that I saw... and I''m really bad about finding inclusions other than in I1-I2s. So... I guess that means I''m slightly color sensitive but not overly sensitive to clarity. But I am wondering if the sparkle factor is better one way or the other... or if I should just shoot down the middle... I''m just SOOO excited to be planning!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results