shape
carat
color
clarity

j color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nverlast1

Rough_Rock
any opinons on j color diamond engagement ring?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Shape and cut will be HUGE determining factors!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2005 5:59:26 PM
Author: researcher
Shape and cut will be HUGE determining factors!
ditto

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I saw Mara''s 1.6 carat J RB in platinum in person and LOOOOOVED it. I think it was gorgeous.

Of course, the extent to which the color will be noticeable depends on the cut. IMO, cut is WAY more important than color. And of course, one J won''t necessarily look like the next J; it really depends on the particular stone and where the cert. is from (some certs are more strict than others...i.e. a GIA J might be called an I or maybe even an H by a cert with less strict standards.)

What matters most is what your eyes like.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
As the wise consumer cadre has offered, it''s about shape - and especially about cut.

The shape of a diamond influences the amount of color people may see in it. A round brilliant is the most efficient shape for returning light and shows less apparent color than another shape like a princess, an emerald or asscher. As for cut - diamonds are graded in the face-down position, viewed from the side. This is because superior light return in a diamond can ‘mask’ color. Extremely well-cut diamonds may appear more colorless in the face-up position than the grade they received at the lab due to superior light return. For instance, a diamond that was graded H in the side position can ‘face-up’ like a G or an F, but only if it was cut extremely well.

I would also add that the lab that graded the diamond is very important. Some labs are stricter than others. The AGS and GIA are considered very strong labs in ''these parts.''
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You need to check this thread out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results