shape
carat
color
clarity

I''''ve waited 10 years and look what I am getting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi...I found PS about a month ago and have been doing lots of reading. I had no idea how much I DIDN''T know about diamonds. Well here is my story...

We got engaged 10 yrs ago and my DH bought me a 2 ct RB stone....I don''t remember the stats on it...because he spent about $20,000 on it and I was floored...he saved his money for 3 years and worked so very hard. We live in NYC and were having a mid size wedding for 120 people. I knew that if I kept that diamond that we would have to charge almost the entire wedding. I convinced my very reluctant husband to bring the ring back and we will take the money and pay cash for our wedding...start out our lives debt free. I also told him that I could get the same stone in a CZ (no one would know the difference) and in the future when we could afford it (not charge it) we will get my ring.... WELL 10 YRS, 2 BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS LATER...GUESS WHAT I AM GETTING. Last month on our 9th wedding anniversary he told me that he had saved money to get my ring. What an anniversary gift. Being the typical mom that I am, I started to say we could use the money for the kids but he was not going for that. He told me to start looking to see what I wanted.
I found PS...THANK GOD....and a whole new light went on....after much lurking...and pricing....I contacted WF (Denise) and purchased my stone this week. I am also have the Setting custom made. I am so excited about this. I never buy myself anything so I am like a kid in a MAJOR candy store.

Here is the diamond information from the sarin:

1.770 RB, faceted girdle, strong flour.
H SI2 (very eye clean as per the WF staff)
Depth 60.7
table 57.6
Pav. Dep 43.6
Pav. ang. 41.1
crown Height 13.9
crown angle 33.2
culet 0.5%
girdle min 1.0%
girdle max 1.9%
girdle ave. 1.5
proportion grade: 1

HCA: 1.5

I am having the stone set in an Octagonal Halo and will hopefully post the wax model when it is ready.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Annette, NYC

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
That sounds beautiful! I can''t wait to see the pics!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thank you...I can''t wait to see it either...I just have to learn how to post pictures...
40.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story. Congratulations! It sounds like it will be beautiful.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
We can wait together...I''m waiting for my 11.3 anniversary upgrade! Same sort of story as yours, always something else that we wanted to do or have...and I coudln''t justify spending the $$ on a diamond!

I''m doing the halo thing too....

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Tawn!!!! Have you approved your wax model yet? If so when do you get your ring? I am going on vacation next week and I am hoping to see my wax before I leave....this waitig is driving me nuts...but since I waited 10 yrs....a few more weeks won''t hurt.
26.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oohh i want to see it!

to post pictures, make sure the file size is within ps limits. also make sure the name is unique and has no special characters or spaces in it.

if you can''t get the pics to load, feel free to email them to me and i''ll post

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are the pics

troop_1.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

troop_2.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks a MILLION Belle for Showing my new BABY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome
2.gif

and don''t forget...we''ll need the ''done'' pics too! (and anything in between)
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Definately...once I get the wax pics and the finished pics I will try to post them!
30.gif
30.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your wax gets here before you leave! Do you have a picture of what your halo is going to look like? There was a really cool octogon one on Fay Cullen at one point!

I''m waiting for the second wax...and have already checked my email 3 times today! My husband is amused that I''m impatient all of a sudden, after waiting soooo many years! Mine was supposed to be a 10yr upgrade (and a 5yr, 7yr, etc...), but I wanted a new truck and vacation last year! It''s funny how much you can *want* something, but guilt yourself right out of it! Even now...I could have spent significantly more and got a bigger stone than I did (1.11ct), but I want to go on vacation for 2 weeks at Christmas, even though I''ve vacationed over 5 weeks of the year away already! I think I''m part gypsy...I get itchy feet and have to travel!

Oh well....this way I can plan another diamond upgrade for our 15th anniversary! Of course, that would probably really mean our 20th...
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your story, as well as Tawn''s, just touches my heart so much. What wonderful husbands you have. Of course, those sacrifices make you both wonderful wives as well. Congrats on your beautiful new baby. Can''t wait to see pics.

Shay

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I hope the wax is ready before I leave too....it would be so hard to be on vacation knowing that it is in my mailbox and I am not sure if I will have access to a computer.

I don''t have pics of the setting. I kind of took 2 samples and meshed it into one ....I will have the octagonal halo with an emerald cut Baguette on the West and East side of the halo...not set into the Halo but right outside of it.

Tawn...I hope you get that email you are waiting for!!!!
41.gif

anika

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful surprise from a wonderful husband!
We''ll enjoy seeing the ring unfold; it sounds like a stunner.

Anika

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your well wishes....I am just getting sooooo excited.....
31.gif
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Annette- that is such a sweet story, and you certainly deserve your ring after all of this time! Your hubby sounds like a sweetie.

I have my very own octagonal halo.. somewhere in my house! Waiting for bf to let me wear it...
3.gif

I can''t wait to see yours though. I am sure it will be stunning!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Icekid....I can''t wait to see your ring too!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting for you and what a sweet hubby you have!!!! Can''t wait to see the pics once it''s done. Yay for you!!!! Your stone looks amazing!!!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your 10 years together!!
36.gif

What a thoughtful husband. I can''t wait to see the finished product.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh and Milly for your kind words....I will sure tell my husband what you all have said...

I promise to post pics of the ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your long-awaited diamond! Can''t wait to see pics when it''s done!!!

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful surprise.
36.gif
Kudos to your DH!
36.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Geez that''s a sweet looking SI-2!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! What a great story.
36.gif

Your ring sounds phenomenal.
Please post pics once you have it in hand!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I always say, Good things come to those who wait!

Congratulations! I can''t wait to see the pictures!

Stephanie

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Atroop. It will be a beauty for sure. Can''t wait to see the finished ring.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And, most importantly - CONGRATULATIONS on your 10th year anniversary!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fire&Ice for your Kind words....
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results