shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve fallen and I can''t get up...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I found the cushion I wanted and it''s off to Leon to be set in his classic solitaire, which I love... so, tell me, WHY can''t I stop surfing around looking at diamonds?!? Am I freaking out that the e-ring isn''t the one I really want? Am I just expending nervous energy while Leon does his thing? Is this the start of a life-long addiction?
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 3:29:40 PM
Author:panda08
I found the cushion I wanted and it''s off to Leon to be set in his classic solitaire, which I love... so, tell me, WHY can''t I stop surfing around looking at diamonds?!? Am I freaking out that the e-ring isn''t the one I really want? Am I just expending nervous energy while Leon does his thing? Is this the start of a life-long addiction?
2.gif
I do that, my hubby makes fun of me. He calls me a maximizer! heehee We all do it; your ring is going to be gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
We have just bought a new car ( yet to receive it) and I am still busily comparing others....
emembarrassed.gif
I think many of us do it!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i do the same thing. i have put a deposit on one to hold it and i still second guess myself. you will love it, dont worry. have fun checking out others. when you get yours you will have a pitter-pat in your heart and it will be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
Oh, Panda . . . you poor thing! It''s the addiction, of course! When an alcoholic has a bottle of wine, does that stop him from looking for another bottle? When a gambling addict wins a game of poker, does that stop him from looking for another game? When someone with a sex addiction . . . well, you get the idea! LOL!
2.gif

WELCOME to the wonderful world of PS! Prepare for DSS to sink in aaaaaaany time now! LOL!
9.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
It is hard to say why. It could be different reasons depending on your personality. Some people love shopping and looking and get a lift from something new and fun or you could be a second guesser like me.

I (Mrs. Picky Minimalist Frugal Chick)don''t buy much at all. So when I do have to buy something the momentousness of the decision freaks me out. Oh the $commitment$. I mean if the first item doesn''t work out or something goes wrong with it and I can''t return it I am kinda hosed. I am not a Hilton after all. So the final choice is scary. So I look at a million and one consumer guides or reviews and even after coming to a final decision still second guess myself at times. So you are not alone other people do this too.

Once I know I got the best match possible for my parameters I am able to just relax and chill with my new blender, socks, running shoes, speakers or what have you. Yeah I am trying to learn to mellow out.

Don''t be to hard on yourself just look at the pics of your cushion and ring design and take a nice deep breath and focus on how great your ring is going to look. And I checked out your stone and ring design and your ring looks like it is going to be classic timeless and gorgeous so no worries at all.

Mrs.2Artists

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
It is all normal - and has even been studied scientifically!
To avoid cognitive dissonance (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance)
people seek out information that is consonant rather than dissonant with their own views (such as choice of diamonds). So all you are doing is making sure that you have made the right decision!!
Cheers,
Rob

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 3:37:43 PM
Author: Lorelei

We have just bought a new car ( yet to receive it) and I am still busily comparing others....
emembarrassed.gif
I think many of us do it!
6.gif
I hope your new car doesn''t know this!
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it becomes a case of the grass is greener sometimes.

We have it and love it but WHAT IF there was an even BETTER one out there? Perish the thought! We second guess ourselves all of the time. Once you get it you will love it I am sure. Leon is a total master.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 3:55:56 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

2.gif
Oh, Panda . . . you poor thing! It''s the addiction, of course! When an alcoholic has a bottle of wine, does that stop him from looking for another bottle? When a gambling addict wins a game of poker, does that stop him from looking for another game? When someone with a sex addiction . . . well, you get the idea! LOL!
2.gif

WELCOME to the wonderful world of PS! Prepare for DSS to sink in aaaaaaany time now! LOL!
9.gif
So funny that you mention poker because that''s FF''s favorite pasttime! LOL!!!

Goodness, I hope I don''t get DSS. FF gave me carte blanche to choose my e-ring, within reason, because he said there willl be NO upgrading ever!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:13:45 PM
Author: panda08
Date: 8/26/2008 3:55:56 PM

Author: Irishgrrrl

2.gif
2.gif

9.gif

So funny that you mention poker because that''s FF''s favorite pasttime! LOL!!!

Goodness, I hope I don''t get DSS. FF gave me carte blanche to choose my e-ring, within reason, because he said there willl be NO upgrading ever!

LOL, PS can do a number on you. I came here obsessed with trillions! I still want my trillion, because I think they are so fascinating a shape, but I am now nursing an unhealthy addiction to emerald cuts and asschers. I LOVE the hypnotic look of step cuts and sharp, clean lines. And EM1''s new EC is NOT HELPING!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is a life long addiction and it drives my sweet hubby crazy. It''s still fun to shop around.
1.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it''s the beginning of a long, long addiction. My FH and I ordered my ering in July. And I have to tell you, not a day went by that I wasn''t browsing bluenile to look at the recently purchased engagement rings, rubbing my empty ring finger (LOL!!!), and looking at everyone else''s ring. And sad to say, I finally got the ring last week and I LOVE IT!!!! But for some reason, I can''t shake the urge to browse around.
1.gif

Thank goodness I''m not the only one...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
unfortunately I think you''ve been afflicted.... you''re stuck with us now
11.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just embrace it!!! I know this is a life long thing for me, and I love it!!! (My hubby things i''m nuts, but he stills buys me sparklies every once and a while to feed my addiction
28.gif
)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Panda, at least you found your diamond. I''m teasing!

I want a cushion but now I''m second guessing myself just making that decision!!

1) It won''t be a high performer like a RB, I''m seeking perfection (ha!)

2) I''ll never find what I want

3) Tired of waiting and want it NOW

4) Having a hard time explaining to a vendor the look I want.

5) Worried I''ll tire of the shape

Panda, so happy you found your cushion. Leon will make it your own, no doubt.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif
I think you''re pretty normal! I''ve been in the process of my custom pieces for so long now I''m starting to wonder if I''ll ever have my e-ring... but I still look at people''s micropave halo''s with a bit of girlish jealousy because I was in love with the Harry Winston the second I saw it! I may have to have a custom made with a micropave halo for a RHR to get over it.
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results